Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stag vs. DPMS

Feedback Score

Stag vs. DPMS

I was set on Stag arms, until i saw that DPMS has a Panther Lite 16" for $725 ... how do they compare, because from what ive heard DPMS is like top of the line.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PYRO31888 View Post
    because from what ive heard DPMS is like top of the line.

I'd stop listening to whomever told you that.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Really? Damn im really surprised because ,,, from how expensive there stuff is youd think id be realiable,, well wait nevermind because when i think of Audi for cars they have lots of problems so im guessing its like an Audi, but guns?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Here's a link to a chart that quantifies DPMS vs. other common rifles.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

Aside from the chart, you will find that many of the Cops here that attend classes where departments have skimpped on their rifle budget and bought DPMS guns report back that there are countless problems with these guns making it thru the training.

DPMS is quite commonly found in Law Enforcement because people making procurement decisions who don't know the difference simply price shop for rifles.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ...DPMS is like top of the line.
    There usually in the gunsmith line...not the shooting line.
    DPMS has great production ability, great customer service, and HUGE supporters of our Military- but they sell to the masses not the shooters. If you are only going to shoot 200-300 rounds a year be my guest...
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Wow thats interesting... thanks a lot man!!!

Feedback Score
    Stag.
    I would personally save more $$$ for Colts, Noveske or LMT but within the price range, I would choose Stag.
    Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. - Roman 13:1 NKJV

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Really? Damn im really surprised because ,,, from how expensive there stuff is youd think id be realiable,, well wait nevermind because when i think of Audi for cars they have lots of problems so im guessing its like an Audi, but guns?
    DPMS expensive??? They are actually cheap.

If you want a "plinker" buy whatever you want as it does not matter. If you want a hard use weapon, look at Colt, LMT, Noveske.

C4

Feedback Score
    because from what ive heard DPMS is like top of the line.
    You must have heard that from the gun shop that was trying to sell you the gun.

Go with what the others have said. Save your $$$ until you can get a better AR.

-David

AR-15 owner/shooter since 1998

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ... how do they compare, because from what ive heard DPMS is like top of the line.

I smell shenanigans!...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast