Class room from 4:00pm to 8:00pm Friday night 29 Aug 08
Range location: Caswell NC Range 30 and 31 Aug 08
Cost $275 per person. 50% discount with current Military or L.E.O. I.D.
50% deposit to get your name on the list
Ask for a sign up sheet @ email@example.com
Class size between 4 and 16 people.
This block of instruction is a test of your skill and ability to employ a Semi-auto rifle from 5 yards to 500yds. This class will include parts of the I.M.T. LLC. CQB Carbine, Intermediate Level Precision Rifle and the Designated Marksman class; this is NOT a beginner level class.
The goal of this class is to instruct a student to combine the usage of a semi auto rifle from 5yds to 500yds. This class is the one a Soldier, a Police officer, a student of the art has wanted for a long time. We will test you and your equipment.
This block of instruction will include, but is not limited too:
Walking not to exceed 300yds, jogging not to exceed 200yds, over uneven dirt roads / fields.
- Rifle ZERO
- Sight aliment / sight picture
- Trigger control / trigger reset
- Controlled pairs
- Ready up drills
- Control aimed fire
- Vehicle reaction drills
- Mutable targets engaged at unknown ranges
- Movement as an individual and buddy team
- Buddy team, and muti-buddy team coordinated fire drills
- Overwatch drills
- Un-supported precision fire drills
- Supported precision fire drills
This is a one gun class, you can bring a back up, but the goal is to run what you have, find its limits and master your rifle. This is not a BOLT GUN COURSE Please understand this.
- Any Semi-Auto rifle that is 1.5 MOA or better @ 100yds .223/5.56, 7.62x39, .308 ONLY. We will shoot groups at the start of the class. If your rifle can not hold 1.5 inches at 100yds you can not use that rifle / ammo combo. Sorry but the range requires bullets to on target not in la-la land.
- 200 rounds of ammunition for CQB drills and 150 rounds for precision fire. NO GREEN TIP 5.56mm or any ammunition that can destroy steel targets.
This means that an AR-15 can have 200rounds of 55grn and 150 rounds of 69 grn. Or a M-14 can have 200 rounds 147grn and 150 rounds of 168grn ammunition
- A Web harness that carries you mags and water
- An aiming devise that works at all ranges 5-500yds.
- Clothing that will protect your body from the sun, and dirt
- Knee and elbow pads
- Boots- no running shoes
- Water devise that holds 2 quarts or more water
- Pencil or pen with paper
- Cleaning rod with cleaning material
- Minimum of five (5) mags per-rifle. I would ask you to bring as many as you have. There will be a lot of shooting. 5, 10, 20, 30 rounds capacity, I do not care.
Guys, if you have participated in any CQB rifle or precision rifle matches, this class will combine both skills. This class will feel like half class and half match. This will be a non-stop, fun as hell class. We will run from sun up, to sun down, with limited breaks. On Sunday the class will be over at 3:00pm SHARP. So you all can drive home.
To gain experience, lying in the dirt, shooting holes in paper is not the way to go. Want a test of you and your equipment?