Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pueblo West COLORADO monthly rifle match

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Pueblo West COLORADO monthly rifle match

For those who don't know there is a rifle match at the Pueblo West Sportsman's Association on the 4th Sunday of every month. Match fee is only $15. We generally shoot 3 to 4 different stages.

Odd months (Jan, Mar, May, etc) are semi-auto, even months (Feb, Apr, June) are bolt gun / precision rifle / hunting rifle. On the bolt gun months (even months), you can still shoot with a semi auto (ie. AR15, AK47, AR10, M1A, M1 Garand, Mini-14, etc...but instead of being classed seperately, they put all the semi auto shooters in one class, all the precision rifle guys in one class, and all the hunting rifle guys in one class).

On the semi auto shoots, if you shoot irons, you are only classed against other iron shooters, if you shoot one optic you are only classed (ranked) against other shooters with one optic, etc.

Some pics of yesterday's monthly rifle match at Pueblo West. Distances from 15 yards to 425 yards. 3 different stages. Targets were for the most part steel with some clay pigons, cardboard IPSC, and balloons added in. A good time was had by all (over 400 pics)

demigod.org/%7Ezak/DigiCam/PRM-2006.11/

(I'm the guy with the blue jeans, blue sweat shirt, tan Oakley boots, tan LaRue hat, and the gun with all the Coyote gear on it)

Thanks to Zak Smith for the awesome photography work!

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Zak posted this info on another board for any guys in the Colorado area that want to get involved in competition:

The Pueblo match is one of the hardest carbine matches in the country, as far as I can tell. People who shoot this match regularly always place in the top 10% at any national-level 3Gun match on the medium to long-range carbine stages.

Right now is a great time for 3-gun, multi-gun, and practical shooting in Colorado. We have currently have:

* 3-Gun at Weld Co (E. of Ft Collins) monthly
    * 3-Gun at Clear Creek (Dumont) quarterly
    * Practical rifle at Pueblo monthly
    * Multi-gun at Camp Guernsey ARNG base (WY) every other month
    * Long-range "sporting" rifle at Raton (NM) monthly Jan-Sept.
    * IPSC/IDPA almost every weekend with 1.5 hrs of Denver.

Other competition info can be found here:

http://coloradomultigun.com/

Monthly matches at Pueblo West (30 minutes from Colorado Springs)

-2nd Sunday IPSC Pistol

-3rd Sunday IDPA Pistol (with a monthly side match, rotates from back up gun, to shotgun, to carbine / rifle)

-4th Sunday Rifle match

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Some stud engaging targets at 300 to 425 yards with iron sights

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    A couple pics of some members from this site from the Pueblo West rifle match:

Pueblo West rifle match this SUNDAY 02-25-07........You can shoot with either a bolt gun or a semi auto at this match.......a lot of run and gun in the sun

Talking about guns on the internet is NOT going to improve your gun handling / shooting skills......Guys will spend $1,000 on an optic, but won't spend $15 to come out and put themselves and their gear to the test.........Yes, I'm calling some of you out

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Gents,

Just a heads up, there is a rifle match at the Pueblo West Sportsman Associatoin range this Sunday (02-25-07). Shooter's meeting is at 9:45am. Match fee is $15. Combo to the blue lock is #2506 (in case you are not a member of PWSA).

You can shoot either a BOLT ACTION (sniper or hunting type bolt action rifle) or SEMI-AUTO (AR15, AK47, M1A, FN-FAL, etc) rifle at this months match. There will be 3, possibly 4 stages. Lot's of steel targets.

Don't be intimidated by the competition, it's a great time, you are not competing against anyone but yourself. It's an awesome venue to sharpen up old skills and learn new skills, not to mention you will have a lot of fun.

The pics above were taken by Zak Smith at the November match (notice that some guys are shooting iron sights or non-magnified optics.....you don't have to have a bunch of expensive gear to shoot, just bring whatever you have....we see AR15, FN-FAL, M1A, M1 Garand, AR10, Mini-14, AK-47 variants, and several other platforms at these matches)

**Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with the guys that put these matches on and don't make a dime off any of these matches. I post this info in an attempt to get guys involved in the shooting sports. Not to mention you'll have a good time, meet like minded people, and learn new things about you (as a shooter) and about your rifle**

Skill Level, Physical Ability, Expensive Gear IS NOT a factor in these matches, you can go as fast or as slow as you want.

Hope to see some of you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Directions to the range:

-From the City of Pueblo

-Exit I-25 at the Highway 50 West exit (also know as US 50) and head WEST bound (toward Pueblo West)

-Hwy 50 West to Purcell (first traffic light in Pueblo West)

-Turn Right (North) onto Purcell and travel 2.6 miles to Platteville Rd.

-Turn Left (West) onto Platteville Blvd and travel 1.5 miles to Gantts Fort

-Turn Right (North) onto Gantts Fort and tavel 2.4 miles to Platteville Rd. (Platteville Rd makes a large loop through Pueblo West)

-Turn Left (West) onto Platteville Rd and travel .3 (3/10) mile to Cashmere Ave

-Turn Right on Cashmere ave and take the second road left to the range. There are green / white signs once your reach Cashmere ave directing you to the range

-From Colorado Springs (Southbound I-25)

-South bound on I-25 to Exit #108

-Exit on #108, at the end of the off ramp take a right onto Purcell

-Travel 4.2 miles on Purcell to Platteville Rd (dirt road) and turn right onto Platteville Rd.

-Travel 2.4 miles on Platteville Rd to Cashmire Ave (when Platteville road turns from a dirt road to an asphault road, you have less than a half mile until you are at Cashmire Ave)

-Turn Right on Cashmere ave and take the second road left to the range. There are green / white signs once your reach Cashmere ave directing you to the range

-From Pueblo West

-Take McCulloch north of Highway 50 west and follow it until it dead ends into Platteville Rd.

-Turn Left (West) onto Platteville Blvd and travel to Gantts Fort

-Turn Right (North) onto Gantts Fort and tavel 2.4 miles to Platteville Rd. (Platteville Rd makes a large loop through Pueblo West)

-Turn Left (West) onto Platteville Rd and travel .3 (3/10) mile to Cashmere Ave

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    ......Yes, I'm calling some of you out
    Is that a "No balls" challenge? That's it, next shoot ( in March) I'm there. No one questions my manlyhood and gets away with it.
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast