Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC iPhone ballistic app 'BulletFlight'

Feedback Score

KAC iPhone ballistic app 'BulletFlight'

This works for any rifle, not just KAC rifles.

http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/

Knight's Armament BulletFlight is a ballistic computer that provides quick solutions in the field. Unlike other apps, BulletFlight does not output information in table format. What it does do is dynamically give you the solution you need now to make that shot. Current weather conditions can be input, as well as angles to the target as measured by the built-in accelerometer provides highly detailed solutions out to 2000 meters. Your weapon profile includes your scope MOA per click, and hence when you provide a range to the target, the app will simply say how many clicks you need to change the scope by for that range and wind speed.

Environmental calculations are based on the Sierra Bullets(tm) model as detailed in their external ballistics literature. Up to five ballistic coefficients with corresponding velocity thresholds may be used for each profile. The built-in help page includes live links to online resources for BC values.

Three built-in profiles for the Army's M110 semi-automatic precision rifle, the 14.5 inch SR16 rifle, and the KAC PDW allow you to get started quickly. You may alter these profiles, or add new ones.

Feedback Score
    hmmm..methinks a blackberry version would be better

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Fast is good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post

Me too!! lol

I can't justify buying another phone and the plan that goes along with it, so I'm most likely going to get an ipod touch. This app will work just fine on that as well.

And it will go well with my new SR15 rifle!
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Agree. Need one for the berry.

Feedback Score

Mount?

Any info on the mount?

Feedback Score
    KAC said the mount was to get initial feedback before doing the production version and that the idea is to make it, along with an iPod Touch and the app, part of the M110 kit.

Feedback Score
    The concept is promising...not sure that I would want to keep the Ipod on the gun during firing, but would be nice for storage and transport.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    The concept is promising...not sure that I would want to keep the Ipod on the gun during firing, but would be nice for storage and transport.
    The Picatinney mount begs the question just how shock-resistant is the iPhone.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It's good to see applications like this, though this one is still a bit on the expensive side, given that there is already a very decent ballistic app in the iStore for considerably less. I'll probably let the pricing stabilize a bit before buying.

AC
    Last edited by Army Chief; 01-19-09 at 03:34.
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    And here's what the pathetic British press has to say about it...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...Pod-touch.html
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Distinguished Rifleman #1558
    President's Hundred

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast