Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 556 rifles

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Sig 556 rifles

At another forum I moderate on, a well known guy is saying the Sig 556 is jsut about assault rifle perfection and worth the price increase over say a Charles Daly AR15.

How does the rifle actually run in high round count classes and as issued en masse (if it is)?

Feedback Score
    My Department range staff has been testing some Sig 556 carbines and has pretty much been beating the hell out of them..without cleaning. So far, they have ran great. The only complaint I've heard is the trigger is a tad heavy.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    I have some 556's. And have put around 500 rds. in one with no issues. This is off topic but my main complaint is the weight. Make sure you hold one before buying.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    My Department range staff has been testing some Sig 556 carbines and has pretty much been beating the hell out of them..without cleaning. So far, they have ran great. The only complaint I've heard is the trigger is a tad heavy.
    Any ideas of overall round count, or max single day round count?
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 05-25-09 at 22:29.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I love my Sig 556, my only beef is that it's heavy ( compared to my DI S&W). It chews through everything I feed it and is easily a MOA gun. I've got it set up with a 1-4x Optic and Bi-Pod. It would make a great rifle to run suppressed as is my plan.

Ben

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    It's a SIG 55X Barreled Action that takes M4 mags.

It's up to yo to decide whether it's worth double what a Charles Daly costs.

"Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am attempting to resist the urge to buy a 556. Right now it's a stalemate.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want to see someone run one in a multi-day high tempo class (ie 1000+ rounds in 2 days with minimal weapon's maintenance).

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I am attempting to resist the urge to buy a 556. Right now it's a stalemate.
    Don't do it. A guy I know has one. I did a write up on it a while back. It really falls short of a good old AR carbean in too many areas... maybe all areas. But I suppose some of what I think sucks about the gun is subjective.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    In dry fire manipulations with my P556 I find the mag release a LONG way away from my finger, one of the key ergos to speedy reloads on an M4 is that you don't usually need to shift your grip to eject the mag.

Once the paperwork comes back, I'll have a better idea of how it runs in an SBR configuration.

I'm also looking forward to getting the updated KZ handle to get the charging handle away from the Aimpoint mount.

It's my intention to use this at the next carbine class I attend.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast