Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crane O-ring installation????

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Crane O-ring installation????

I am new to the carbine world. How and where do I install the Crane O-ring in the extractor assembly. I know how to disassembly and reassemble the bolt. I purchased a few BCM extractor spring upgrade kits, but have no clue where the o-ring is supposed to go.

Thanks guys. I know this is an ignorant question, but you have to learn somehow.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The o-ring goes over the extractor spring. With the new spring and o-ring in place, press down on the assembly as you put it back in. It's going to take a little more effort to get back in with the new components.

Feedback Score
    you might have to use pliers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why do you feel the need to add one? Are you having extraction issues?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yes...I really appreciate all your guys help. I bought a Stag Model 1. Really nice carbine and quite accurate. I am a service rifle shooter and have been shooting AR-15's for some time. I mainly shoot a WOA NM AR-15.

I am new to the carbine world though and the rounds were just dribbling out. Coming out a 1-2 o'clock and just falling on the mat. I am used to them shootong out at 4-5 o'clock. I am good to go with maintenance and the BCG was cleaned and lubed well. The first few rounds stove-piped on me and after that I was fine except the extraction was weak and the system was running hard. I could move the extractor freely with almost no force.

The bolt was coming home with great force so I ordered an H2 buffer. Problem solved, I am not going to have any trouble with the ammo cycling the action!!!!! I was using Pvri Partizan M193 which is my favorite and Federal XM193. The stove pipes occured with Federal. Both were accurate with irons at 1.5 MOA.

Thanks again for the help. This forum is awesome and I am having a splendid time learning about M4's. Sua Pointe!!!!!

Any and all info would be most welcome.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    in all honesty, I would just run the BCM spring and black insert first. The o-ring is just a supplement in case the proper spring and insert buffer do not work.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Actually it doesn't sound like you are having extraction problems but rather ejection problems. Increasing the extractor tension may actually cause more ejection problems. I recommend that you lubricate and clean your ejector and ejector spring.

Most people with good extractors, good extractor springs and correct buffers will never need the increased tension provided by the o-ring. I keep a couple of them with my gun for use in case my extractor spring breaks.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    in all honesty, I would just run the BCM spring and black insert first.
    Same here. I won't keep a gun that needs an o ring to run.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks a lot for the input. I will give the carbine a workout this weekend with new extractor spring and H2 buffer. I'm not sure that the black insert will arrive, but a Wolff spring will be here today.

Will update with pertinent information from the range. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I agree with F2S. This sounds like an ejection issue. However, maybe if the chamber was tight and the round was sticking in the chamber it could quite possibly cause some other issue.

What do we know about Stag Arms chambers? Are they truly 5.56?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast