Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B.A.D. Lever Released

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    They are closed for the weekend. I don't see how to order them online? Any dealers have them?

I almost ordered the EBRv2 the other day. Glad I waited.
    I ordered the EBRv2 today, about 6 hours ago, (never saw this notice until now). I'll have it in a few days. I'd think that Magpul will take a little while to get it out in quantity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by they View Post
    Why?

The standard button is easily hit with both hands, and will not come loose/break.
    Did you read the description?

Developed from the operational experience of the Magpul® Dynamics team, the B.A.D. Lever™ (Battery Assist Device) is designed to considerably improve the speed and efficiency of the AR15/M16 bolt catch. The B.A.D. Lever™ quickly addresses reloading and malfunction clearance shortcomings of AR15/M16 platforms by extending a paddle to the right side of the weapon, allowing manipulation of the bolt stop from the fire control/ready position with the right-hand trigger finger.
    See below.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...=BAD_LEVER.flv
    Last edited by ballistic; 08-21-09 at 21:29.

Feedback Score
    Why?

The standard button is easily hit with both hands, and will not come loose/break.
    So you are the "They" that is always naysaying....

Dropping the bolt is one thing, you can do that ambi with a POF or Magpul lower, entry price $450. LOCKING the bolt back with the trigger finger, now that is sliced bread and wheel territory. To be able to add it to existing lowers for $30 is Dave Thomas "Frosty" territory.

It is with out a doubt the biggest advancement in bent metal rods since the Crow Bar.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 08-21-09 at 23:11.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why?

I thought the same way as you, then I tried one. Below is my current duty weapon, it didn't long after using one to admit I was wrong and swallow my pride.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    It's about damn time. I just finished making one out of carbon fiber because I got sick of waiting. Guess I'll be calling Magpul on Monday and ordering one just in case the one I made breaks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I thought the same way as you, then I tried one. Below is my current duty weapon, it didn't long after using one to admit I was wrong and swallow my pride.
    I think we're going to see a lot of this once they are out. Some of the comments made about these levers, from the purely ignorant, have been pretty silly. The worst is "you have your finger in the trigger guard when you're not prepared to fire!" No, you don't.

At $30 retail, and once the gougers get done selling them on barf for $100, hopefully more people will get them a shot and at least then they can comment from a position of experience. Although history tells us that many of these people will make their knee-jerk initial comments and never have the sack to admit they were wrong.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The worst is "you have your finger in the trigger guard when you're not prepared to fire!" No, you don't.
    How is it that you aren't violating that safety rule? If you are using it to drop the bolt there may be no safety violation, as you should be on target already. But if you are trying to lock the bolt to the rear it appears that you would have to place your finger in the trigger guard to operate the lever that way, at a time you are not intending to fire.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    How is it that you aren't violating that safety rule? If you are using it to drop the bolt there may be no safety violation, as you should be on target already. But if you are trying to lock the bolt to the rear it appears that you would have to place your finger in the trigger guard to operate the lever that way, at a time you are not intending to fire.
    Thank you for making my point.

Go here. At the bottom you will see a video link. Click it to see how the lever works.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So where do you address the safety infraction?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    So where do you address the safety infraction?
    Did you watch the video or not?

Look, I don't care if you or anyone else buys one or not. In fact, I'm not even personally sold on whether I want to add them to my guns or not, but at $30 if you think there's a potential that it could be of use to you there's really no reason not to try one. It's not like you wouldn't be able to sell it after the fact.

Arguing about it on the internet, with someone with zero hands-on with the item is pretty pointless.

But thank you nonetheless for being a great example of my point.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast