Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Springfield Loaded customized by Hatfields Gunsmithing

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    A very nice pistol, Robb. May it bring you many years of enjoyment.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantee View Post
    That's a really nice pistol! How do you find a carry rig for the aftermarket rail?
    I have the same question, Robb. I am about to have a rail installed on my Colt, and have been thinking Dawson vs. Novak. Are you planning at all to carry this one concealed and in what holster?
    Last edited by YVK; 01-31-10 at 00:48.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    That is an awesome looking pistol, my friend.

What is the reason behind the flat trigger, if I may ask?

M_P
    It gives the same feel and trigger pull no matter how you grip the gun. More of a straight back trigger pull than the angled feel you can get out of the curved trigger for the 1911 since the trigger bar is moving straight back.

Great looking balster Robb!
    Last edited by SWATcop556; 01-31-10 at 01:09.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's a beautiful "Loaded" 1911, GotM4.

What led you to choose the Duracoat finish (versus other options)? I've never tried it, but have often wanted to.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Everything you need; no frills.

Question: who's magwell?

Love the duracoat pattern. I have a bare AR lower coming that I was thinking of adding some color to...may have to contact Hatfields about that.

-Rainman
    Thanks, It's a Kimber magwell. I blended it into the frame myself last year. A customer of mine gave me the magwell, free is the best kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Bantee View Post
    That's a really nice pistol! How do you find a carry rig for the aftermarket rail?
    I'm giving the Duracoat another few weeks to cure before I pop it into a holster or shoot it. I think it'll fit my two Blade Tech holsters and my 6004 made for my Kimber Warrior. ETA: I just looked at it compared to my Warrior the Novak rail on the Springfield is lower so it'll require a custom kydex holster. I'll probably mod a 6004 to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    That's a beautiful "Loaded" 1911, GotM4.

What led you to choose the Duracoat finish (versus other options)? I've never tried it, but have often wanted to.
    Since he was texturing the frame and undercutting the triggerguard the frame had to be refinished. The finish that was on the slide and frame was Norrells in desert tan. Sam just sprayed over that. Sam does some really neat stuff with Duracoat.
    Last edited by Robb Jensen; 01-31-10 at 12:52.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    That is fine looking pistol, congratulations.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I really like the look of those triggers. I'll have to pick up one of those for mine one day.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That is one fine Springfield. The texturing on the front strap looks like it will not eat up your hand like other forums of texturing. Lets us know how it does
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    awesome new 1911. love that thing

Feedback Score
    Copycat!! Very nice, Robb!!

Sam did my SA Loaded last year with the same front strap stippling and refinished it in black Duracoat, and I already had the Gunner grips for it. But I went with an Israeli rail to avoid altering the pistol itself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast