View Poll Results: For those who own these new selectors...are you a righty or lefty?

Voters
878. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right handed shooter

651 74.15%
  • Left handed shooter

227 25.85%
Page 23 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD-A.S.S. (ambi selector) just arrived......w/ pics

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you KingsideRook, I'm glad you like it Some of the nuances have been described at length here and TOS, there's ultimately only one way to see that we have done our homework, that's to test all the levers and combination yourself

The short lever was designed to be out of the way of the shooter's trigger finger at rest position (not in the trigger guard), but not too short as to unduly inhibit purchase and require too much force to manipulate. The shorter the lever, the shorter the distance the lever has to travel, but force is required.

As mentioned, we're playing with a super short lever, we're also making a few 45 to 60 degree (vs 90 degree throw on a standard AR selector) short throw selectors.

The modular design of our selectors makes it easy for us to accommodate levers of various length, thickness and geometry, it's an advantage over MIM/cast selectors, in that we can quickly develop and bring to markets what users request and demand
    Last edited by Duffy; 07-01-10 at 21:39.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-24-10 at 14:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In the very near future, if the 45 or 60 degree short throw selector gains traction, one can buy the short throw selector center and use the same levers

Though the levers for the short throw selectors will be slightly different to deal with the Safe/Fire markings on receivers
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A small batch of semi-finished standard levers

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    No worries eternal24k.....You really should try all levers avail. to you so that you can config. the BAD-A.S.S. properly to your tastes, after all that is the huge upside in these units imho.
    oh I am definitely going to try all of them, part of me thinks I would even like the stubbys on both sides, I feel like the stubby on the right will be good for when I am shooting non-dominant side and need a big lever for my clumsy left to find and use.

Duffy,

REALLY looking forward to the 45 degree angle

So far it looks like these are a winner

Feedback Score
    I just installed one of these on a new lower I put together. I am right handed and I have the long/thin lever on the right side and for some reason, my trigger finger gets in the when when switching to fire. This is not a problem I have with the "Uncle Moak" modified LMT safeties I got from that run on TOS, even though the BAD only sticks out a little further. I am going it try the short lever next and see if that helps. I am very impressed with the quality of the parts. One thing I did find is that a "Torx Plus" wrench works 100% better in the screws, I suspect that they are have the Torx Plus heads and that is why a standard T10 wrench is so loose in the screw.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The thin lever is thinner than the KAC PDW in its thinnest section, it could be that there is some lever protrusion (gap between the receiver and the underside of the lever) on the right side?

The only part we had no control of in the selector package was the stuff we didn't make, i.e. the Torx screw and wrench. The screws are spec, but the wrenches, to our dismay, aren't consistent. We threw out the whole box of 800 remaining wrenches and bought new ones that are all the correct T10 size.

A smaller Torx wrench will still work, albeit with more wiggle room than a wrench that's the correct size.

We will be getting the new wrenches shortly, the correct sized wrench will be included in the latest production, and all future production units. Along with the detent, reduced thickness of the selector's flat area, a much better quality wrench is a part of the PIP enhancements, introduced three weeks after the initial introduction and incorporated into all production units
    Last edited by Duffy; 07-02-10 at 13:09.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I find that the KAC style is much more obtrusive than the BAD skinny.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 08-24-10 at 14:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, there'll be half a dozen or so short throw selectors we're making for us and our friends to play with, we're not sure about the demand.

Also, the issue of liability continues to be a concern to us. For that reason alone, among others, the throw radius may be a little longer than 45 degrees
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Page 23 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast