Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S.D.M.R. Build (Site Designated Moderator Rifle)

Feedback Score

S.D.M.R. Build (Site Designated Moderator Rifle)

My name is Randy and I am a moderator at ar15chatterbox.com and a hopelessly addicted Ar junkie. I am a member of several other Ar and Glock forums and I look forward to learning from you guy's. This is the start of a very special rifle for me. I commissioned Quentin Defense to build a special run of billet lowers for our website and I am very proud to have been a part of it. I hope you enjoy......

S.D.M.R. Build (Site Designated Moderator Rifle).......

The package:

The Lower:

A couple shots of Jason's genius with the threaded roll pin replacement.....

Now how sweet is that?

And lets not forget the tension screw to make everything nice and tight........

The Timney 3lb. skeletonized trigger and RRA ambi-star. Oh and the Pmags drop free......

Not my best pics but here goes.......

By now your name and particulars have been fed into every laptop, desktop, mainframe and supermarket scanner that collectively make up the global information conspiracy otherwise known as "THE BEAST."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks really nice. The threaded roll pin thingy is intriguing, at least from an installation standpoint. I'd want to know how well it stayed in the hole, considering that there might be a little bit of twisting force placed upon it. Of course, there's always Loctite...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 87GN View Post
    Looks really nice. The threaded roll pin thingy is intriguing, at least from an installation standpoint. I'd want to know how well it stayed in the hole, considering that there might be a little bit of twisting force placed upon it. Of course, there's always Loctite...
    Stake it!

Just kidding - sort of. It is an interesting concept. I've never had any real trouble installing a bolt catch on any of the uppers I've done. I don't have a huge sample size, I've only done 5, and used a good LPK each time (G&R).

What upper and barrel will you be using? And what type of optic, if any?

Feedback Score

You can view the pictorial of the process "From a chunk of aluminum to a finished ChatterBox lower at this link......

http://ar15chatterbox.21.forumer.com...pic.php?t=1571

Last edited by mvician; 06-13-10 at 20:09. Reason: add link

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I really like those lowers...finish and styling is fantastic, and even though its a small detail, the bolt catch screw in pin is AWESOME and quite the nifty touch being that so many folks who assembled their own lowers know how easy it is to mar the surface of the receiver since you have to punch the pin so close to it.

Now you need to do some more for here so that I can get my grubby lil mits on some of that action.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-13-10 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That thing has promise. Can't wait to see it when finished.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very handsome setup! I'm liking these billet lowers with built-in enlarged trigger guards.

Great screen name, by the way.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guy's! I have big plans for the upper and optics as well just as soon as I can get my truck back in order........
    By now your name and particulars have been fed into every laptop, desktop, mainframe and supermarket scanner that collectively make up the global information conspiracy otherwise known as "THE BEAST."

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    That lower is great!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Looks great! As far as the threaded roll pin, KAC has this feature.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast