View Poll Results: Which Super Dynamic model did you pickup?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Dynamic Combat (SD-C)

75 32.75%
  • Super Dynamic Enhanced (SD-E)

80 34.93%
  • Super Dynamic 3 Gun (SD-3P)

79 34.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele's new Super Dynamic Enhanced (SDE) Trigger unit

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Geissele's new Super Dynamic Enhanced (SDE) Trigger unit

Hi gents, I just received the new SDE trigger to try out and so I figured I would take a few comparision pics of it and the SSA 2 stage unit and share some initial thoughts. If anyone else has one of the unit's please feel free to weigh in with your thoughts as well.

All I have read and been told up til the point of receiving this new unit had pointed me to the belief that these SDE units were a radical departure from both a single and two stage trigger but after installing and drying firing it numerous times I do not believe that it is the case. Its certainly in a class of its own but its not so different from a traditional trigger that it would be hard to adopt or require a learning period. Its really rather simple and effortless. Best way I can describe it so far is you have an ever so small take up in your initial pull and then puff...an incredible crisp break of the trigger. The crisp break on this unit is really quite amazing. I just jimmied up a scale to try and get an idea of what the unit was breaking at and although the below readings are not exactly scientific, I would imagine them to be a real close estimate.

avg: 3.68 lbs.

I cannot wait to put 500-1000rds or so on this unit over the next week or two and really put it through the paces but initial dryfiring and overall design and quality on the unit seem to be another winner by the folks from Geissele Automatics. I will continue to update as I put time on this unit as well.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Very interesting. This is the new trigger aimed toward 3gunners right?
    I use a SSA in my 3gun rifle and like it a lot because it feels similar to my M&P and Glock triggers. I wouldn't mind trying one of these too, but I do like mine a tad heavier in the pull weight.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah I was under the impression that it was called the S3G or Super 3 Gun trigger as listed on BCM's website which by the way has a great description of the unit above, far better than my brief assessment thus far but when receiving this unit it was marked SDE.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Geiss...ger%20spin.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This sounds like something I would be interested in trying out in one of my duty rifles, but I would also require a slightly heavier pull weight. 4.25-4.50 would be ideal for my requirements.

I need to give them a call to see what they can do....

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Very interesting. This is the new trigger aimed toward 3gunners right?
    I use a SSA in my 3gun rifle and like it a lot because it feels similar to my M&P and Glock triggers. I wouldn't mind trying one of these too, but I do like mine a tad heavier in the pull weight.
    This is not the new 3 gun trigger.

The new 3 gunner trigger, dubbed the SSA Super 3 Gun Trigger (thats the name that came to me anyway). The NST had input on the Super 3 Gun trigger design. We have been using it in the last 2 major matches (Ozark and MS 3 gun championships) Its like a glock trigger on ball bearings. We have some of these new triggers coming but I prefer the SSA S3G trigger at the moment. That said, I have a lot of love for their DMR triggers.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wonder what I just got then as I assumed it was indeed the S3G...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The S3G has the standard curved trigger.

I like the SSA and DMR on a precision rifle but never warmed up to the two stage feel and reset for a carbine.

The S3G is by far the best upgrade trigger for a carbine I have felt. It's not ridiculously light, just ridiculously smooth with a great reset.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    This is not the new 3 gun trigger.

The new 3 gunner trigger, dubbed the SSA Super 3 Gun Trigger (thats the name that came to me anyway). The NST had input on the Super 3 Gun trigger design. We have been using it in the last 2 major matches (Ozark and MS 3 gun championships) Its like a glock trigger on ball bearings. We have some of these new triggers coming but I prefer the SSA S3G trigger at the moment. That said, I have a lot of love for their DMR triggers.
    there were a lot of giving bill input on it........ I asked bill about making this trigger at shot show and I haven't stopped running them yet.........glad to see good thoughts from good people go from idea to paper to real deal

AND Bill nailed it for sure, its a great trigger.........
    Last edited by Steve; 10-23-10 at 19:50.
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Trident, can you give us a little more detail on the trigger feel? Does it feel like it has two definite stages or does it just smoothly build up to the max weight and break? How much travel is there before the break? Also, how short is the reset?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    there were a lot of giving bill input on it........ I asked bill about making this trigger at shot show and I haven't stopped running them yet.........glad to see good thoughts from good people go from idea to paper to real deal

AND Bill nailed it for sure, its a great trigger.........
    Steve, are you referring to the S3G trigger or this "SDE" new one that was pictured in the first post?

I never would have thought I'd be getting confused on which Geissele trigger is which, but Bill just keeps on kicking them out...

I'm looking forward to trying a S3G somewhere...

Rmpl
    Last edited by Rmplstlskn; 10-23-10 at 20:59.
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast