Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Link to Google Doc of chart with current and most recent updates.

1) If this is your first time visiting this thread, please read the WHOLE thread. Chances are we have already addressed whatever questions, comments, or concerns you may have

2) If you believe there are incorrect items, inconsistencies, or adjustments that should be made to The Chart, please see #1 above and then be prepared to provide DOCUMENTATION (photographic greatly preferred) of your issue and have first-hand knowledge of same.

3) I do not mind you re-posting The Chart elsewhere. However, please contact me and at least go through the motions of asking if it's OK and give me a link to where you posted it. Please also make sure to include a link back to this thread wherever else you post The Chart.

4) "Why isn't my pet brand on the Chart? How can I gloat to all my friends if my gun isn't listed?" If you are asking about a gun you already bought, that ship has sailed. If you are asking about a gun that you are interested in buying, read the Explanation of Features, educate yourself, and ask the manufacturer intelligent questions. Space constraints dictate that there is no room to include every single maker under the sun, and time constraints limit my ability to simply add every Tom, Dick, and Harry that gets a wild hair and decides to start making an AR.

Special thanks to Randall, Robb and Grant for helping me out with brands I don't have access too.

The credit for this goes collectively to all of m4carbine.net and not to me. I am just the secretary that is trying to record all of the information.

A full diagram of an AR15/M16 with all parts labeled can be found here http://www.fulton-armory.com/AR-15Diagram.htm
    Last edited by rob_s; 08-21-10 at 14:03. Reason: remove .jpg to force users to link to google doc

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would like to try to get an idea of actual street pricing for these different guns as well. I know this is hard, especially with Colt, as prices fluctuate with supply and demand, but this is what I have so far. Let me know if you think this is accurate or not.

Colt 1275
    LMT 1225
    CMMG 1100
    Sabre 1150
    S&W 900
    Stag 850
    Bushmaster 900
    Armalite 950
    Rock River 850
    Olympic 750
    DPMS 825

I want to try to stick to $25 increments so please don't post and tell me that one of these is off by $7.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It's stuck now dude. I've heard Sabre Defence start around $1K
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    It's stuck now dude. I've heard Sabre Defence start around $1K
    Cool.

What I'll do is just replace the chart in the first post and update the pricing in the second as we get new information.

Feedback Score
    The SDI info looks right, although I don't think it's fair to dock points for not having 4150 steel in the barrel. They use MIL-B-11595 CMV alloy for their barrels which meets (or exceeds) the milspec for this application. This is the same alloy they use for their M2 BMG barrels and is just about the best barrel steel you can buy.

And the previous poster is correct, SDI M4 rifles sell for ~$1000 for most dealers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I debated on the steel issue. I wonder if there's another way it can be phrased to separate the 4150/CMV from the 4140 etc.

Could we just call it "milspec barrel steel", or would that be too open to interpretation? Obviously the question that opens up is "how do you know what's milspec?"

Feedback Score
    Rob,
    I appreciate the work you've done on this. Thanks.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I would like to try to get an idea of actual street pricing for these different guns as well. I know this is hard, especially with Colt, as prices fluctuate with supply and demand, but this is what I have so far. Let me know if you think this is accurate or not.

Colt 1300
    LMT 1200
    CMMG 1100
    Sabre 1000
    S&W 950
    Stag 850
    Bushmaster 900
    Armalite 950
    Rock River 850
    Olympic 750
    DPMS 825

I want to try to stick to $25 increments so please don't post and tell me that one of these is off by $7.

I have updated the couple that I know for sure.

Colt 1275
    LMT 1225
    Sabre 1150
    S&W 900

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRich View Post
    The SDI info looks right, although I don't think it's fair to dock points for not having 4150 steel in the barrel. They use MIL-B-11595 CMV alloy for their barrels which meets (or exceeds) the milspec for this application. This is the same alloy they use for their M2 BMG barrels and is just about the best barrel steel you can buy.

And the previous poster is correct, SDI M4 rifles sell for ~$1000 for most dealers.
    This is correct. SD uses the highest quality steel (CMV). They should be given bonus points for this.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I debated on the steel issue. I wonder if there's another way it can be phrased to separate the 4150/CMV from the 4140 etc.

Could we just call it "milspec barrel steel", or would that be too open to interpretation? Obviously the question that opens up is "how do you know what's milspec?"
    There are three different steel's that are allowed to be used. The 4150 steel that BM uses is not one of the three. Colt, LMT, SD, BCM all use the proper steel listed in MIL-B-11595E.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 07-31-07 at 13:55.

Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast