Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnes 70gr TSX Copper Solid Questions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Barnes 70gr TSX Copper Solid Questions

Yes, I did the search but I still have questions.

It seems that SSA makes a 70gr TSX load but it has been out of stock for a while.

Does anyone else make this load in the 70gr TSX? Commercially available?

Doc K has covered the 62gr TSX load, but is there any new info on 70gr loads?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I just received 100 rounds today from Asym Precision but won't be able to shoot any of it for quite a while. Even if I did, I know almost nothing about ballistics so hopefully someone with even a thimble full of knowledge can comment on the 70 gr. round as I don't have that much knowledge.

http://store.chencustom.com/223_SOLI...r_TSX_s/92.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Got a few buddies who use that bullet to hunt with. They say its deadly effective on deer and hogs!!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    SSA makes a load using that bullet.
    http://www.ssarmory.com/556ammunitio...-leadfree.aspx

It's supposed to be pretty good.
    Last edited by Jim D; 12-03-10 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    I see it's still out of stock.
    Some TSX bullets are always hard to find. I've often wondered if leo/.gov contracts get a lot of them.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've been going back to the SSA site and also doing Google search and have not been able to find anyone that has it in stock. I'd love to get ahold of some it

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I got a few rounds of the real deal Brown Tip from a friend. I have gone hunting a few times in hope of trying them out on a deer with my 10" SCAR, no deer to be seen. I am going to try my luck with some wild hogs this month. I have shot this load into a 55 gal drum of water and it expanded beautifully. From hunting all my life and seeing what different bullets do to animals, I imagine this bullet will be a stellar performer. I personally would much rather have this load as a SD load than most everything that is available now. With the petals that form, if it did not completely penetrate, I am sure there would be a cutting effect (similar to that of a stuck broadhead) with every movement the animal (or person) makes after being hit. This may not be too important, but in the right spot could not hurt either.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I've been going back to the SSA site and also doing Google search and have not been able to find anyone that has it in stock. I'd love to get ahold of some it
    If you're just talking about the 70gr TSX bullet components, I normally keep some on hand so lemme know if you're interested in picking some up and I can get em to you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Grafs has the reloading component bullets in stock. It aint cheap for 50 round boxes, but they have it.

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/.../productId/415

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Wahoo,

Unfortunately I don't reload. I've seen the actual bullets all over the place. I cannot find the ammunition itself though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast