Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FN Herstal FNS-9

Feedback Score

FN Herstal FNS-9

Any thoughts on this? I'm kinda excited.

Belgium-based FN Herstal has recently announced the launch of its newly designed 9mm FNS™-9 pistol on the market.

The FNS™-9 pistol has been developed around a pre-loaded striker mechanism, which provides a short and light trigger pull identical to all shots for fast and accurate shooting. Additionally, the polymer frame is designed with a low bore axis for reduced felt recoil and enhanced control.

Each FNS™-9 pistol features an optional manual safety, trigger safety, firing pin safety and a drop safety, ensuring maximized security.

Additionally, the pistol comes standard with a number of ergonomic features: ultra no-slip checkered grips for an improved grip, front serrations for press check and two interchangeable backstrap inserts for a customized fit. All operating controls are fully ambidextrous.

The FNS™-9 pistol will be on display at EUROSATORY in Paris from 14 through to 18 June 2010 (Belgian Pavilion, Hall 6, Stand No. F201).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks interesting. The bore axis doesn't look much lower than the FNP/FNX, but it's hard to tell from a press photo. What's the general consensus regarding FN's service pistols on this board? I've heard some great things, but I've also heard some less than stellar things. Is there a reason FN pistols haven't been adopted by many LEA's?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Looks interesting. The bore axis doesn't look much lower than the FNP/FNX, but it's hard to tell from a press photo.
    I thought the same thing. I remember reading that the FNX had a lower bore axis than the FNP, but I couldn't really notice and appreciable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    What's the general consensus regarding FN's service pistols on this board? I've heard some great things, but I've also heard some less than stellar things. Is there a reason FN pistols haven't been adopted by many LEA's?
    Most of the threads I've searched and read here seem pretty positive. I look forward to the experienced members weighing in. Guys?
    Last edited by Cazwell; 01-05-11 at 09:49.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    To my knowledge, this gun won't be available till 2012 and will be an LE ONLY gun (no commercial sales). I imagine this will change though.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    To my knowledge, this gun won't be available till 2012 and will be an LE ONLY gun (no commercial sales). I imagine this will change though.

C4
    That's a bummer!
    “In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy.”

- Fran Lebowitz.

Feedback Score
    I think that it will hit the civilian market ASAP. There is no reason why it wouldn't sell.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I predict this will do better than the DA/SA variants. I'd be half interested in checking one out as I like the FNX, but don't like the DA/SA.
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless." -Kenny Powers

Project Manager - Nightforce Optics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd sure like to shoot one once they hit the market. I love the way the FNP/FNX shoot, but agree that I'm not a hammer gun type of guy.

Could be interesting!

Feedback Score
    I have an FNP that I like. I'd give this a try or three.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure FN Herstal would abstain from saying that it'll be released on the civilian market so they won't lose sales on the FNP/FNX pistols. Saying it'll be released in a year from now may cause people to hold off on the FNP/FNX for a year while they wait for the FNS.

Either way I'm gonna wait
    Last edited by wobby; 01-05-11 at 21:07.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast