Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal XM223SP1 62gr Bonded

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Federal XM223SP1 62gr Bonded

Is there any test data on this load? Palmetto State Armory has this in stock and I was wondering if it was a good choice for HD. It uses the Fusion 62gr bonded bullet. Would this make it similar to other previously tested 62gr bonded loads?

Feedback Score
    It offers the same terminal performance as the analogous Speer Gold Dots--pretty nice, but not quite as good as the TBBC or new Win Bonded load.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    It offers the same terminal performance as the analogous Speer Gold Dots--pretty nice, but not quite as good as the TBBC or new Win Bonded load.
    Thanks! I added some Mk318 to a big order of different stuff recently but now I feel like I bought the wrong ammo.

A couple more questions. Is the model number of the TBBC load you're talking about, LE223T3? And what is the number of the Wind Bonded load?

Feedback Score
    Have you read this: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19881? Perhaps the second paragraph??

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Have you read this: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19881? Perhaps the second paragraph??
    Oh **** me, the answers were right there. And I've read that thread a few times. Like my dad always told me, if it was a dog it would've bitten me.

Feedback Score
    I bet we will see more bonded type loads coming out in the near future

winchester is suppose to start loading there new boned bullet in may
    according to the email I got

Feedback Score
    I was planning on picking up a couple thousand of the Mk318 but this may change my mind. With the Mk318 at $731.50/1000 vs this at $499.50/1000 I could save some money or get some extra ammo for the same money.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the only disadvantage of the XM223SP1 is that it is a .223 pressure load. Otherwise, it is like the Gold Dot and should perform better than the Mk318 right?

Is there any chronograph data for this yet?

How much effective range would it lose compared to the Gold Dot 5.56 version?
    Advanced techniques are the basics mastered.

Excellence is an art won by training and habit. We are what we repeatedly do. -- Aristotle

Pistol/Shotgun/Rifle Instructor
    Sig/Remington/RRA/Sabre Armorer

Feedback Score
    Interesting velocity issue. On PSAs website, they site 3,000 FPS from a 24 inch barrel. Using the old "50 FPS per inch of barrel", you would be at 2,600 FPS from a 16 inch barrel.

Pass for me. I'll stick with the MK318.

Feedback Score
    Are these Low Flash?
    Boston's Gun Bible........ Javelin Press

theomegaman org forum

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john1969 View Post
    Are these Low Flash?
    The LE223T1 is - pretty low flash even from a 10.3", especially compared to XM193! IIRC, all the Federal duty loads use low flash powders. Can't say for the others on the list.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast