Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3-Gun / Comp Build

Feedback Score

3-Gun / Comp Build

So now the waiting game begins - all the parts are ordered - I just have to wait for them to come in.

Quentin Defense Billet Lower
    Quentin Defense Billet Slick Side Upper
    Ergo Grip
    Timney 3lb Trigger
    Lund/SJC Titan Comp
    Viking Tactics 13" Handguard
    Nordic Tactical Charging Handle
    Nordic Wilson 16" Barrel
    JP LMOS BCG
    JP LMOS Buffer
    ACE ARFX Stock
    Last edited by BoomerShooter; 02-21-11 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    Purchased Burris TAC30 1-4x today for the rifle also. I hate waiting for parts!!!!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I got a Burris Tac30 1-4 a couple of weeks ago and LOVE it. Very nice all the way around. I must say for the $299 delivered price that I payed, I got more than my money's worth. Nice finish, excellent clarity, the fisheye effect at very close range is not noticeable compared to the Nikon that I replaced with it. The recital is bright and clear. I mounted it in an ADM Recon and took it to our indoor 100 yard range. 9 shots and six clicks up on the elevation and it was zeroed. No need to adjust the windage at all. I was so impressed!!

What was your deciding point on the Timney trigger. I have been really looking at the 3# version as well for the same rifle that the Burris is on. But I heard that the 3# had issues with mil-spec primers? Have you heard anything like that? I would love to go with it but I have a large amount of my own reloads that I used CCI #41 primers in. Let me know if you have any links on reviews of the Timney and what you paid plus where you got it.

Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    It was b/w the complete EZ Trigger from JP and the Timney - gotta admit - not being the swiftest when it comes to tweaking parts - the Timney drop in looked nice - that and the $20 off coupon at Midway made it a no brainer. I have read that also but we shall see. I don't shoot reloads and not much bulk ammo here so I should be OK as long as I stick to better quality ammo

Feedback Score
    Have you made a choice regarding to gassystem yet? 16" is the shortest barrellenght you can go for a midlenght. Personally I would not choose a carbine lenght gassystem for 3gun/IPSC rifle.

You have choosen the LMOS system for your weapon, I think you will benefit more from this system if the gassystem will give less of a violent pulse. I think a combination of a rifle lenght gassystem on a 18" barrel w/ LMOS system will give a very stable firing platform...

Also consider combining the LMOS BCG and buffer with a adjustable gasblock from either PRI of JP.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomerShooter View Post
    So now the waiting game begins - all the parts are ordered - I just have to wait for them to come in.

Quentin Defense Billet Lower
    Quentin Defense Billet Slick Side Upper
    Ergo Grip
    Timney 3lb Trigger
    Lund/SJC Titan Comp
    Viking Tactics 13" Handguard
    Nordic Tactical Charging Handle
    Nordic Wilson 16" Barrel
    JP LMOS BCG
    JP LMOS Buffer
    ACE ARFX Stock
    Sounds like you've done some research, sounds like a solid build. Looking forward to seeing you at a match.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuiper View Post
    Have you made a choice regarding to gassystem yet? 16" is the shortest barrellenght you can go for a midlenght. Personally I would not choose a carbine lenght gassystem for 3gun/IPSC rifle.

You have choosen the LMOS system for your weapon, I think you will benefit more from this system if the gassystem will give less of a violent pulse. I think a combination of a rifle lenght gassystem on a 18" barrel w/ LMOS system will give a very stable firing platform...

Also consider combining the LMOS BCG and buffer with a adjustable gasblock from either PRI of JP.

Not true, BCM and DD, and others make a 14.5" Midlength. But I would go with an 18" barrel and Rifle-length gas system for a 3-Gun rifle myself. To each their own.

Last edited by DTHN2LGS; 02-24-11 at 17:07.

Feedback Score
    I stand corrected.... of course

Feedback Score
    Nice build. I was just at Quentin Defense today. I like their lowers and may have to build another AR.

I have a 3 lb Timney in my 3 gun rifle along with an 18 inch Lothar Walther barrel with rifle length gas system. I have not had any problems detonating military primers, but must admit I have only fired a few hundred rounds of them. Most of my ammo is civilian or reloads.

Since you are going with the LMOS buffer and bcg I believe an adjustable gas block is a must, but that is just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    Got the Upper/Lower today - laid everything out - gonna get it together Sunday.

Laid everything out - just have to get it together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast