Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spike's Tactical Dynacomp Extreme

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Spike's Tactical Dynacomp Extreme

Has anyone used this comp? Kinda looks like Battlecomp-ish.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...eme&groupid=54
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My buddy has a couple of them and likes them. When firing his rifles I found them to be about equal in terms of managing recoil and keeping the muzzle flat. I also found the Dynacomp to be slightly louder and have more flash from his 11.5" compared to my 11.5"compared with Battlecomp.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    My buddy has a couple of them and likes them. When firing his rifles I found them to be about equal in terms of managing recoil and keeping the muzzle flat. I also found the Dynacomp to be slightly louder and have more flash from his 11.5" compared to my 11.5"compared with Battlecomp.
    Was it very "blasty" like some of the more aggressive comps or was it comparable to the BC besides being slightly louder with more flash?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Was it very "blasty" like some of the more aggressive comps or was it comparable to the BC besides being slightly louder with more flash?
    Not as loud as a true brake but louder than the BC....sounds more like the Rainier XTC. Flash was non factor on the 16", however the 11.5" throws big fireballs. My 11.5" with BC throws a big fireball every now and then too, however they seem more common with the Dynacomp. He has some video on it....I will track it down and post the links.

Here's a video of his......as I watch again it doesn't flash as much as I remember. Of course that could also be affected by ammo selection. You can see me turn my volume down on my earpro in the second video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgQElAyCIVQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5-z2o0PqYo

A video of me running an 11.5" with BC for comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX8HEXmQ5GA
    Last edited by wahoo95; 08-08-11 at 06:47.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    One item I noticed was that this Spike's Dynacomp is made out of 303 stainless steel, while the Battlecomp and the Griffin M4-SD are both (I believe) made out of 17-4PH stainless steel. My limited understanding is that 17-4PH is a very strong hardenable stainless steel, while 303 is apparently not hardenable (except by work hardening, which I don't believe is applicable to a comp), although very corrosion resistant. I'm guessing, and it's just guessing, that the Dynacomp would not be as strong and therefore probably not as durable as the Battlecomp or Griffin.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just got one and haven't had a chance to install it yet. I'll post my reaction when I get a chance to shoot a couple mags thru it. I picked it over the Battlecomp 1.5 and I hope I made the right choice!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    [QUOTE=wahoo95;1069680]Not as loud as a true brake but louder than the BC....sounds more like the Rainier XTC. Flash was non factor on the 16", however the 11.5" throws big fireballs. My 11.5" with BC throws a big fireball every now and then too, however they seem more common with the Dynacomp. He has some video on it....I will track it down and post the links.

Here's a video of his......as I watch again it doesn't flash as much as I remember. Of course that could also be affected by ammo selection. You can see me turn my volume down on my earpro in the second video.
    [QUOTE]

Hey thanks for the video's they were fun to watch. I'm on a muzzle device kink right now and i can't decide what to go with. I want a flash supressing comp and i'd love to go with a BC but my wife has limited me to the $100 and under range. The RA XTC is another option i haven't thought of yet, any opinions?
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 08-10-11 at 00:55.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I want a flash suppressing comp and i'd love to go with a BC but my wife has limited me to the $100 and under range.
    I'm sorry but this stood out to me more than anything. Unless you're a stay at home dad who has no physical income of your own I'd go buy what I want. Or more likely if money is a big issue just save for a couple extra paychecks and buy what you want.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I want a flash supressing comp and i'd love to go with a BC but my wife has limited me to the $100 and under range. The RA XTC is another option i haven't thought of yet, any opinions?
    Get a PWS FSC-556 for $95. It's no longer the latest new thing but it's darn good, and has the most flash reduction of any of the options for that type of device.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Get a PWS FSC-556 for $95. It's no longer the latest new thing but it's darn good, and has the most flash reduction of any of the options for that type of device.
    I agree, i have one on my DD V5, and it is a really effective device. PWS gets my vote.
    President of Trigon Armament Inc.

FFL-07 SOT-02

AR-15 Armorer

Competitive Shooter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast