Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another new AR maker

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Another new AR maker

Has anyone heard of the newish Core-15 ARs?

http://core15rifles.com/

They seem to be more of the same old same old, but i could be wrong. Wondering if anyone here has fondled, shot, owned, etc one and could provide feedback one way or t'other.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had some email contacts with a guy who lives near Core15. He was searching online for parts to build a rifle, and decided to stop in at Core's.

He ended up buying a stripped lower ( I really like the rollmark, but not to the tune of $130), the LPK, a stock assembly from them and the last time we traded emails, he was debating whether to buy a complete upper or to build one. I haven't heard back.

He did say the lower was finished nice, but did not say who the manufacturer was.

Core's is about 2 1/2 hours north of me and I thought that someday I'd take a road trip.....?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback. If you make it there, let us know what you think.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I just saw mention of this in Small Arms Review. The (new) vice president of sales and business development was a key figure for years at Bushmaster. That fact alone means I will steer as far away from them as possible.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Since I am in the market for another 20” upper I looked at the one they offer. Yet another 1/9 hbar, I’ll pass.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

CORE-15

Guys,

I live and work in Ocala and am in GTO Airboats quite a bit. The owner, Norm, started a gunshop there and then decided to get into the AR business. The start of CORE-15.

He has two CNC machines and cuts uppers and lowers in the plant. They send them out to get anodized. They are pretty big with Adams Arms for piston systems. They get parts from Daniel Defense and a few others. They have been using M-16 BCG's.

They had a kid by the name of Josh M. who was running CORE-15. He got picked up by Daniel Defense. Norm then hired Izzy after BM got moved.

I don't own any of the lowers because they put stuff on the front of the mag well and I don't own any lowers that I can't go shoot an EIC match with.

As far as the $130 for a lower it used to be around 89.00 but when they had a major distributor start carrying their lowers they were required to raise the price.

They are a site sponsor on TOS and have their own page. Yeah I know strike two with some. They will answer your questions if you call and ask.

This is the Cliff Notes version. Any more questions and I will try to get them answered.

Dan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by agr1279 View Post
    Guys,

I live and work in Ocala and am in GTO Airboats quite a bit. The owner, Norm, started a gunshop there and then decided to get into the AR business. The start of CORE-15.

He has two CNC machines and cuts uppers and lowers in the plant. They send them out to get anodized. They are pretty big with Adams Arms for piston systems. They get parts from Daniel Defense and a few others. They have been using M-16 BCG's.

They had a kid by the name of Josh M. who was running CORE-15. He got picked up by Daniel Defense. Norm then hired Izzy after BM got moved.

I don't own any of the lowers because they put stuff on the front of the mag well and I don't own any lowers that I can't go shoot an EIC match with.

As far as the $130 for a lower it used to be around 89.00 but when they had a major distributor start carrying their lowers they were required to raise the price.

They are a site sponsor on TOS and have their own page. Yeah I know strike two with some. They will answer your questions if you call and ask.

This is the Cliff Notes version. Any more questions and I will try to get them answered.

Dan
    I was going to say they are on TOS. Anyway personally I didn't see much I liked but they don't seem any worst then your standard commercial ar.

Feedback Score
    I believe they offer cerakote lowers in the usual colors also if that turns one on.

Feedback Score
    I bought one of their stripped lowers at a local fun store and used it with a PSA upper on a build for my son. The price was ok, out the door at ~$100. The lower is machined well and went together easy. The annodizing was nice and even and the magazine well was nicely broached and well beveled, dropping every magazine I had free with no issues (PMags & USGI). The fit with the PSA upper was perfect as well.

I don't know about any of their other products, but I'd use another one of their stripped lowers again without hesitation, as long as the price was right.
    "You can run...but you'll only die tired." - Spooky

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I just saw mention of this in Small Arms Review. The (new) vice president of sales and business development was a key figure for years at Bushmaster. That fact alone means I will steer as far away from them as possible.
    I have heard the same and it concerns me.

I can live with it if they have a quality product and excellent service, but if its just another company hopping on the crap AR wagon, I don't see much point in it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast