Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current use of glocks in the army?

Feedback Score

Current use of glocks in the army?

It's been mentioned that the army is issuing glock pistols. Is this true? If so, what units are using it?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    SF is using G19's, Delta is using G22's.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Is there a citation for this?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am pretty sure, but not certain that they have moved away from the G22. I know for a fact I saw some CAG personnel with G19's.

I have not seen any SF personnel with anything other than Berettas. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let's not speculate for the sake of answering. There isn't a single completely factual statement in this thread so far.

Yep, some Army folks get Glocks. I haven't carried a Beretta since 2004. The G19 is the most widespread but certainly not the only one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    Let's not speculate for the sake of answering. There isn't a single completely factual statement in this thread so far.

Yep, some Army folks get Glocks. I haven't carried a Beretta since 2004. The G19 is the most widespread but certainly not the only one.
    I'm just trying to get a feel for who's using what and such. I'm considering a switch away from my current weapon of choice, the 1911, and I'm looking at what is seeing service and is reliable there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Glock was chosen universally by the folks that are not tied to the Beretta, FWIW. Different procurement channels, same end results.

To quote LAV and Hackathorn (a pretty good couple of sources on handgun advice), "We live in a Glock world"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    The Glock was chosen universally by the folks that are not tied to the Beretta, FWIW. Different procurement channels, same end results.

To quote LAV and Hackathorn (a pretty good couple of sources on handgun advice), "We live in a Glock world"
    I presume the 9mm glock is more popular because 9mm ammunition is readily available easily for the beretta, where other calibers, such as .40, isn't so much?

And, I do tend to listen to Larry and Ken. I know Larry a bit, so I respect his advice. I tried out the hK45, but I really didn't like the high bore axis on it, compared to the 1911.

I'm currently playing with an M&P45, but figured that I might as well look at glock, too, and see if maybe it was time to go .40 or 9mm over .45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With modern ammunition the 9mm is as formidable to me as any, with the benefit of capacity, cheaper practice, and shootability.

The Glocks in 9mm were a natural extension of the fact that 9mm ammo is already the standard military ammo.

For an individual, the amount of support for the Glock is pretty nice. You can go anywhere and find mags, holsters, parts, etc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    isn't a glock 19 part of the kit that air force pilots bail out with as well?

it's pretty surprising that a 9mm as universally loathed as the 92 is still the standard issue. I guess in the end handguns have very little to do mission success, still could make a lot of difference for an individual soldier in a bad spot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast