Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Filthy 14 ??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    I thought it was a 14.5 with the perm attached A2X? Guess I gotta re-read the article
    http://www.03designgroup.com/reviews...ower-receivers

On 12-24-09 I contacted Pat Rogers to see what the current round count of the BCM 16" Mid-Length that he has been loaning out to students. Pat refers to this BCM Mid-Length as "Filthy 14" and provided me with the following information on this gun:
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_138/1...00_rounds.html

Posted: 11/15/2010 6:25:58 AM
    Filthy 14 broke 40k this past weekend at the EAG Carbine 2 Course in Franklin TN.

#14 is a 16" Mid Length that has been used in EAG classes since we first received it.
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 12-22-11 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Hell yeah, over! By 5000+ rounds....!

I was at the Gadsden Carbine 2 class, last week. #70 and #77 have 12k and about 9k on them, respectively, and they SMELL. There are other T&E guns for EAG student use, with what lot of folks would erroneously think of as a blasphemous amounts of rounds sent downrange without a single cleaning. Bear in mind, Filthy 14 just happens to be the one with the most.

There were 14 soldiers at the class I just attended. I about dropped a deuce in my shorts laughing at the exclaimations of shock and horror when Pat pulled the BCG out of #70 to show them. Looked like it had wind-drifted dunes of wet, black sand on it....
    I had a similar experience with one of his T&E guns 2 years ago. When I went to add some Slip EWL to the BCG, that's exactly what I saw. It was both cool and vindicating (Since I'd regularly take my ARs up to 5K with just lube, while shooting Wolf!) to see these weapons go beyond 15K rounds fired without cleaning.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry to resurrect:

Anyone have a current link for the filthy 14 article?

I'm doing research for a project here and I'd like to use that article as a source.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBelly View Post
    I'm sorry to resurrect:

Anyone have a current link for the filthy 14 article?

I'm doing research for a project here and I'd like to use that article as a source.
    I haven't seen a good link in a while. Might wanna give Bravo Co. a call see if they'll send you one. If not I might be able to scan it for you of I have the time.

Feedback Score
    if at all possible to scan and send, that's easiest for me. due to the location and nature of my new job, I'm not able to get phone calls out that easily.

Feedback Score
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    no pictures, and without pictures one cannot understand just how dirty that rifle is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If no one posts up a link with pics by tomorrow afternoon pm me and I'll try and get it scanned for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    no pictures, and without pictures one cannot understand just how dirty that rifle is.
    Yeap I know but the best I could do.Sorry,
    Slip used to have the entire article in pdf on the old site,but thats the only source I could find.Pictures or not the hard information is there.Would also be good to take note of Pat Rogers followup commentary on the subject in his forum posts of the subject to fill in the details that were not included in the article.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Found this. Works as of this post.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/50367872/filthy14-oct10

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast