This is the class to start with if you are looking to learn the basics of fighting with a Carbine. Just like our 1-Day Introductory Pistol Course this is the course for new or not so new students to take advantage of TigerSwan's unique training experience at an introductory rate.
1-Day Introductory Carbine Course
The introductory carbine course is designed to teach the safe operation of the semi-automatic AR-15 type rifle or carbine, the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and how to engage targets from the prone and standing positions at distances from 10 to 100 yards. Students completing the course will have a thorough understanding of firearms safety, the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and an introduction to the tactical use of the rifle/carbine. The student will quickly gain experience, confidence and increase their skill level with the carbine.
The following topics will be taught in the course:
* Operation of the AR-15 type rifle/carbine
* Sights, zeroing considerations and techniques, external ballistics, slings, and equipment placement
* Reloading and malfunctions drills
* Fundamentals of rifle marksmanship
* Shooting positions
* Multiple target engagements
* Training mindset and methodology
Ammo requirements: 400 rounds of rifle ammunition per person.
Prerequisite: None Ė this is an introductory course.
Training schedule: Show time is 7:30 am with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5 pm.
* Carbine with 3 magazines
* Knee and elbow pads (optional)
* Weapon cleaning kit (with oil for carbine)
* Rain or inclement weather gear
* Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
* Water/Snacks (1 hr lunch break)
* Hat/Gloves (rifle will get hot)
* Sun screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
* Optical sight for carbine (optional, but highly recommended)
* Belt, LBE or protective vest with associated magazine pouches
Course includes: 8 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
Cost: $210 tuition fee or $425 package price - includes all of the above and rental of carbine, magazine pouch, magazines, eye and ear protection, and ammunition.
Most items on the gear list can be rented via the application at additional cost or purchased at the Proshop
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you donít mind getting dirty
To register, go to the ProShop @ http://proshop.tigerswan.com/coursei...bine1-day.aspx