3 FEB 2012, North Carolina Concealed Carry Handgun Course, TSTCC
To Register: http://www.tigerswan.com/site/training/courses.php
This course is designed to teach the laws governing the use of deadly physical force, the concealed carry statute and relevant issues related to carrying a concealed handgun in the state of North Carolina. This course further teaches the attendees correct weapon handling skills, the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship and how to safely draw the pistol from the holster. With a passing score of this course the attendee can apply for their North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit.
The following topics will be taught in the course:
* Safe handling of the handgun to include loading, unloading, storing or securing, and firing the handgun.
* Fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
* The major parts of the revolver or semiautomatic pistol
* Provisions under NC Common Law in which the use of deadly physical force would be justified.
* Identify the places that handguns may not be carried even if the individual has a Concealed Carry - Handgun permit.
* Presentation Techniques (drawing your handgun)
* Cleaning and Maintenance
* Proficiency Test (must hit target 28 out of 40 shots fired) that is the NC State requirement.
* Shooting is done from the 3, 5 and 7 yard lines.
Note: This class is designed for persons who are familiar with their handguns. If you are not comfortable with a handgun at all, you should consider our 1-day Introductory Pistol Class prior to the CCH class.
Ammo requirements: 100 rounds of pistol ammunition.
Training schedule: Show time is 7:45 am with instruction starting at 8:00 am.
* You will need your Identification (driverís license/ ID card)
* Pen or pencil
* Pistol with 2 magazines
* Holster (no cross draw or shoulder holsters allowed due to safety concerns.) Please bring a belt for your holster.
* Magazine pouch
* Rain or inclement weather gear
* Eye and Ear protection (clear or shaded lens are recommended)
* Water / Snacks (weíll take an hour lunch break around noon.)
* Sun Screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended
Course includes: 8 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
Cost: $75 tuition fee or $130 package price - includes all of the above and rental of pistol, magazine pouch, magazines, eye and ear protection and required ammunition.
Most items on the gear list can be rented via the application at additional cost or purchased at the Proshop
To Register: http://proshop.tigerswan.com/ncconcealedcarry.aspx
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you donít mind getting dirty