Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: serpa holsters

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

serpa holsters

I own a serpa holster and have notice on some other websites that they are not safe. Is this true and why? My family and I shoot as a group taking turns but, i don't want this holster around my family and friends if this is true.Thanks

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Search around for details. Here is a summary:

Bad release button = pulling the trigger on draw
    Easy to jam
    Easy to rip off

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There has been quite a bit of, FLOABT, "press" around the SERPAs lately. They have been banned from use by a number of agencies, recently FLETC. They are also a no-go in many of the classes taught by members on M4C.

While it is a poor design, most of the issues stem from the fact that people can't seem to keep their finger out of the trigger guard when drawing and end up ND'ing into their lower extremities.

The fact that it locks onto the trigger guard is a major design flaw.

They are very flimsy as well.

Best advice: Buy a high quality holster for the range (or EDC for that matter). Raven and PSS make great Kydex options. If you NEED retention, a great choice is Safariland. Do some searches not only on holsters, but on why SERPAs are not the best choice and who has banned them and why.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    thanks; moderator can delete posts

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I feel really bad having this holster around my family;going in the trash.

Feedback Score
    Don't feel too bad. You live and learn. I think most people who shoot pistols have probably owned a SERPA at one point or another before they realized the design flaws.

As for a replacement, definitely look at the Safariland ALS holsters. They are awesome, and for the same price as a SERPA, you can't beat them. I switched all my SERPAs over to Safariland ALS holsters and couldn't be happier.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Don't feel too bad. You live and learn. I think most people who shoot pistols have probably owned a SERPA at one point or another before they realized the design flaws.

As for a replacement, definitely look at the Safariland ALS holsters. They are awesome, and for the same price as a SERPA, you can't beat them. I switched all my SERPAs over to Safariland ALS holsters and couldn't be happier.
    Maybe I am looking in the wrong places but the als are like 100 plus and you can get a serpa for a little over 30..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    Maybe I am looking in the wrong places but the als are like 100 plus and you can get a serpa for a little over 30..
    You have to account for the dr bills to repair your leg. Then you are looking at $2000+ for the serpa depending on your insurance.

On the serious side, amazon has the als holsters for around $40.
    Last edited by Grizzly16; 02-14-12 at 13:58.

Feedback Score
    Not sure where you're finding the ALS for $100+, but the 6378 I picked up for my M&P was right around $50.

Model 6378-219-411

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast