PDA

View Full Version : XS Big Dot Tritiums

PossumKop
08-23-06, 21:13
I recently had the oppurtunity to test a set of the XS Big Dots. At a training event John Chapman from Tactical Response ran us through some drills and I used a Glock 19 sporting a set of these. I was highly impressed and plan on putting a set on my 21. I would like to hear from others that use or have used these sights and what you think of them.

Neeglik
08-24-06, 09:56
I think they are great if they work for you. I have tried to make them work for me, and outside of 10 yards or so, I can't do it. I prefer my Heinie's.

Robb Jensen
08-28-06, 04:45
I've tried them on 3 different guns (not my guns), they're worse than stock Glock sights. I prefer a smaller front sight, not one that covers up most of the target.

+1 on the great for targets at 10yds.

But then again I can make 10yd shots equally as well without any sights. YMMV.

Sure a decent shooter and trainer like James Yeager can make good pepper popper hits out to 100yds with his pistol with Ashleys (like in his video (http://www.xssights.com/assets/XS_Sights_Demo_LoRes-1.wmv)). This doesn't mean that everyone can.

I got into a discussion with him about this on his forum. And he just accused me of only training to kill paper targets yada, yada, yada after I told him I could make those same shots with my Glock 34 but in half the time. :D There are some VA members here that have seen me hit a piece of steel at 150yds, this steel is 1/2 the size of a pepper popper.

"Time is life!"---Travis Haley (www.sditactical.com)

M4arc
09-05-06, 10:05
I'm glad I found this thread!

I might have a trade in the works and will receive a new G19 for my USP9c so I was browsing the Lone Wolf catalog last night looking for NS and I thought those XS Big Dots looked like a good idea. Actually I don't think I'd get the big dot (I like the smaller) one but after reading this thread I think I'll stick with Trijicons.

Thanks

SuicideHz
09-15-06, 10:03
I hear XFO sights are nice...

ETA: whoops, TFO Truglo...