PDA

View Full Version : New DD M4 XVEZ

D.S. Brown
02-25-12, 08:07
After much reading and research on this forum I purchased a Daniel Defense M4 XVEZ. I had been looking at a Colt 6920, and was seriously contemplating a Bravo Company M4. However I saw the DD last night, and the simplicity and the straight forwardness really appealed to me, versus the Colt next to it, and that it was immediately available right there, versus the BCM. I know that I would have been good to go with any of the three qualitatively, mostly glad that I now have a quality M4 style AR, that happens to be DD.

Anyway just wanted to thank the membership here for the knowledge and wisdom that you provide, primarily what "mil spec" and "just as good as" truly mean. Thanks again.

Best,

Dave

Freddie
02-25-12, 08:33
I picked me one up last night too. I too was looking at the colt but got the dd instead

dwheelock
02-25-12, 08:41
Reading the stickies, and listening to the guys here can really pay off. You both got a really good rifle that you will enjoy for many many rounds. Happy shooting!!

Mark82ndABN
02-25-12, 08:43
I have a DD M4V3 arriving Tue. Congrats on yours!!

Todd00000
02-25-12, 08:47
and the simplicity and the straight forwardness

Great purchase but how is it more simple and straight forward than a 6920?

D.S. Brown
02-25-12, 09:15
Todd00000,

I should have qualified that statement, because it really was just my own personal perception, nothing that I could put a finger on, and certainly nothing I could state as fact.

More accurately, there was "something" in the look and feel of the DD that spoke to me more than the Colt, at this time.

Best,

Dave

ramsker
02-25-12, 09:44
Congrats! I bought that same model last summer after reading up here and getting a ton of tremendous (and brutally frank) advice from the great folks here. Like you, it was a bit of a coin flip--had several highly recommended options and couldn't go wrong with any of them--the shop here had all of the ones I had narrowed down and at pretty much the same decent price point.

I just really liked the DD and went with it . . . has proven to be a good choice thus far.

Jake Bauer
02-25-12, 21:02
Congrats man. I bought a DDXV before they started coming with rails. Its awesome.

D.S. Brown
03-05-12, 19:25
Just ran 100 rounds of the 62 grain Lake Cities ammo through it yesterday. Really wonderful! Gotta definitely work on some dime and washer drills. I could hear my drill instructors yelling at me for jerking the trigger. Got it under control, and it was grouping decently.

Probably gonna just run rounds through it, and take a look at a carbine class in the fall. At some point an optic, at this moment leaning towards an Aimpoint PRO, but it really isn't a necessity at this time.

Gotta say I love this gun. Even when I was in the Army 20+ years ago I didn't care this much for my M-16. Now I've got the AR bug strong. Again I have to thank the members of this forum for all of the knowledge provided, it really helped in my decision making.

Best,

Dave

Bonez556
03-05-12, 20:07
Very good choice! I am a huge DD fan. I have v1 and a v5. They are outstanding rifles. I know there are other good manufacturers out there but i prefer DD. Best bang for your buck if you ask me. Congrats on your purchase!!

silentmark
03-06-12, 10:36
I haven't owned any DD complete rifles, but I can say that their barrels and rails are high quality kit. Excellent choice OP.

JSantoro
03-06-12, 10:52
Gents, sorry, but this isn't Facebook. This is little more than an "I purchased something!" post.

If, however, one were to post somethig like the following:

I bought this. Coulda bought that or this other thing, but here's what influenced my decision: cite thread(s)

I've put umptysquat thousand rounds through it since purchase, via XYZ formal training evolutions and my own practice sessions.

Here's a question(s) that came up....why's it do this, what's this thing for, is this out of the ordinary, etc.?

Here's alterations to the configuration that I'm considering, and WHY?

If I did XYZ configuration change, will it affect A or B aspect of the function of the gun?

....that'd be different.

The key phrase is technical merit. Anybody can buy stuff, so there's no technical merit to the act, and it's not newsworthy. That's not to put down the understandable excitement that comes with it, but we're looking for signal, not noise.