PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a RMR on my PPQ

Lucky Strike
02-25-12, 12:20
Sending in the slide of my brand new PPQ (i'll get it from the FFL monday) and an RMR to get them mounted by Mark Housel @ L&M Precision next week.

I've got an M&P with a Deltapoint and I really like the red dot aspect but I prefer the ergos of my H&K P30. The H&K has the DOA trigger that's been worked over by Bruce Grey and is as nice as a DOA hammer fired gun can be but I'm used to striker fired guns.

So I figured the PPQ with a red dot would give me the best of both worlds from these other two guns. Mark has to work up an adapter plate for the RMR to fit on the PPQ since the slide is kind of narrow.....I'm excited to see how it turns out. Should have it back in a couple weeks.

Iyyobr
04-01-12, 07:13
So did you get it fixed ? Or figure out how to stop the malfunctions ? Any updates ?

bzdog
04-01-12, 09:02
I PM'd him the other day and he indicated it just needed a little lube and all is well now.

-john

Lucky Strike
04-01-12, 09:40
Yeah the gun itself is running fine now with both factory loads and my reloads. Trying to work out some kinks on the BUIS so that they cowitness correctly...talked to Mark and he's going to adjust some things to get it to work right. Being that this is the first one that's been done I've got no problem with things needing a little tweaking before they're good to go.

Lucky Strike
04-01-12, 09:42
Here's some pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/chicano11/IMG_2487.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/chicano11/PPQ/IMG_2482.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/chicano11/PPQ/IMG_2480.jpg

Iyyobr
04-01-12, 16:58
Come back the the Walther forums some time and update us !! That's so sweet how much did it run for the mount + slide work ? Already got a good price on a RMR from work ... And what's his turnaround ? And when your the 1st to do this a Lil tweaking is kinda Expected I think...

DJK
04-01-12, 17:02
Come back the the Walther forums some time and update us !! That's so sweet how much did it run for the mount + slide work ? Already got a good price on a RMR from work ... And what's his turnaround ? And when your the 1st to do this a Lil tweaking is kinda Expected I think...

The Walther Forum appears to have been hacked and redirected for about the last three days.

bzdog
04-01-12, 18:42
Yah, WF was hacked, but is back. But... you may need to clear your browser cache first.

-john

zibby43
04-01-12, 21:47
Looks awesome. Keep us updated.

Query: How do you rack the slide now?

Lucky Strike
04-02-12, 12:22
With the extra work involved in making it work for the PPQ it was about $375 with shipping.

Mark's turnaround is super quick...I think i got mine back in like 10 days....he's also super quick with communication....just about every email i've sent is answered the same day.

As far as racking the slide, the RMR is so sturdy that it just becomes your racking handle

zibby43
04-02-12, 20:45
As far as racking the slide, the RMR is so sturdy that it just becomes your racking handle

That's what I figured. Good to know that works (in terms of not compromising the RMR and in terms of still getting a good purchase on the slide to allow fast/easy racking).

mig1nc
04-25-12, 21:02
Any updates on this? I'm curious to hear about reliability.

Lucky Strike
04-27-12, 12:43
Gun is running fine. Mark put in new BUIS so they're visible to cowitness...they work but they're pretty low in the window. Mark said if he does another one he's got some ideas on how to lower the adapter so that cowitnessing is easier to attain.

bzdog
04-27-12, 14:12
Gun is running fine. Mark put in new BUIS so they're visible to cowitness...they work but they're pretty low in the window. Mark said if he does another one he's got some ideas on how to lower the adapter so that cowitnessing is easier to attain.

What sights did he use? Are their POA/POI correct? I'm wondering if a low co-witness might actually be preferable?

If you have trouble picking it up, perhaps a touch of day-glow orange on the tops of the sights would resolve?

Of course, lowering the RMR would be a good thing in general if he can pull it off.

I'm thinking strongly about doing this soon, so am very interested in getting good recipe put together! :-)

-john

HES
06-11-13, 20:25
Not to bring something so old back form the dead, but do you have any updates from the past year on the performance of the PPQ, any issues you've run into?