PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17

burialworm
02-25-12, 18:04
Hi all, I've been lurking for a few years, and have decided that most of the decent gun minds on the web visit here fairly regularly. I was in the local pawn shop and came across what appears to be a low round count G17 for $290, my question would be is there anything i need to check before purchasing and is this a decent buy?

operator81
02-25-12, 18:12
I would impulse buy that in a second.

burialworm
02-25-12, 18:18
I am actually a Glock antagonist. I do not really care for the composite feel in my hand. I understand that is due to my past with metal frame guns and the weight distribution difference with the poly frame. But i am looking at getting into 3 gun and need something cheaper than a 45 if i start shooting that much.

Plus reading alto of what the folks on here have to say have me intrigued. All that said I've never shot one. I do have the cash. I just want to know if there are any weak points or places to check for abuse, thanks for replies. And yes it was difficult not to walk out with it.

Alaskapopo
02-25-12, 18:27
I am actually a Glock antagonist. I do not really care for the composite feel in my hand. I understand that is due to my past with metal frame guns and the weight distribution difference with the poly frame. But i am looking at getting into 3 gun and need something cheaper than a 45 if i start shooting that much.

Plus reading alto of what the folks on here have to say have me intrigued. All that said I've never shot one. I do have the cash. I just want to know if there are any weak points or places to check for abuse, thanks for replies. And yes it was difficult not to walk out with it.

Buy it even if there was something wrong (unlikely) Glock would fix it for you as they stand behind their products.
Pat

burialworm
02-25-12, 18:33
Buy it even if there was something wrong (unlikely) Glock would fix it for you as they stand behind their products.
Pat

Well there you go. OMW back to the shop. If y'all see me selling one up here shortly you'll know it didn't work out well. :thank_you2:

Nephrology
02-25-12, 18:36
a 290 glock 17 is an absolute steal no matter what year or roundcount.

packinaglock
02-25-12, 18:56

Same here!

burialworm
02-25-12, 19:29
Shop was closed. And they're closed tomorrow. But Monday morning I'll go pick her up. Again I am not knowledgeable about glocks even a little. What is the easiest way to tell which gen it is?

Alaskapopo
02-25-12, 20:32
Shop was closed. And they're closed tomorrow. But Monday morning I'll go pick her up. Again I am not knowledgeable about glocks even a little. What is the easiest way to tell which gen it is?
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/dantevirgil/generations2.jpg

JHC
02-25-12, 20:39
$290 is pretty much unreal. I've never seen or heard anything quite like that. You can send it to Glock and get the free "Inspect and Upgrade". I did that on a walk up basis with two Gen 2's and they were virtually completely rebuilt save for barrel, slide and frame. Sweat deal.

nickatnite
02-25-12, 20:54
Hi all, I've been lurking for a few years, and have decided that most of the decent gun minds on the web visit here fairly regularly. I was in the local pawn shop and came across what appears to be a low round count G17 for $290, my question would be is there anything i need to check before purchasing and is this a decent buy?

I would impulse buy that in a heartbeat. If you don't like it, I know several people who would buy it.

Ark1443
02-25-12, 20:55

Agreed! :eek:

Prices I've seen have been no where close to that lately in my local area.

burialworm
02-25-12, 22:01
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/dantevirgil/generations2.jpg

Pretty sure it was a third gen based on that pic. Had the three finger grooves and the flat under the barrel.