PDA

View Full Version : Is this knife any good?

knguye11
12-24-07, 19:29
Is the value of this SF worth $425? Would you buy for your EDC?

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/knifeart_1980_38792236

maze
12-24-07, 19:34
:eek:
$425 for a surefire knife? thats incredible. I thought there M900 for $600 was bad. There are alot of customs tactical folders out there made of the same material for a lot less.

that surefire looks like an aluminum frame/lock, 154cm blade, and the rest is all the same on every other folder on the market.

I suggest lower your standard on a knife and put the rest towards rifle components or other guns. :)

just an opinion. I like TOPS and Benchmade. rugged and both have great warranties. not that high priced either.

dubb-1
12-24-07, 20:07
The handle is titanium, blade is S30V and coated with a DLC type product.

I carry one everyday and I am satisfied with it. I also carry a Benchmade 5000 daily.

Mojo58
12-24-07, 20:17
It was built with a purpose in mind. If I needed another knife, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase that one. I really like S30V and the titanium frame of my Strider SMF keeps the weight reasonable for it's size. I have another S30V blade on a Spyderco Mannix and I really like the way it holds an edge. S30V is not cheap and neither are titanium frames. The materials explain the high price tag but price is always relative. You get what you pay for.

toddackerman
01-01-08, 11:46
I'd look at a Chris Reeves "Sebenza" in that price range first

Dave L.
01-01-08, 13:27
Yes it's a good knife but over priced;you can buy an Emerson Commander for $200 less and you will be more than satisfied. Just remember, a Warranty is only as good as long as you have the knife...if it gets lost or stolen you will be out $400+. If I was a collector it would be a different story; I believe Surfire only makes limited runs of these(and all) of their knives...once they are gone they're gone.