PDA

View Full Version : Field Wound Care - dealing with injuries away from help

Snareman
02-26-12, 02:07
I made a video to try and help some people in dealing with wound and injuries away from medical care dealing with things like medevac helicopters as well as what to do with simple to life threatening wounds.

Field Wound Care (http://youtu.be/4oKM0ODuDe0)

Rotor Talker
02-26-12, 06:28
Thanks for sharing that!

Bob

Rmplstlskn
02-26-12, 08:36
Great video! Thanks for the effort and skills shown... Downloaded into my medical library...

Rmpl

p1445
02-27-12, 15:59
Great video. I liked your other videos as well, lots of information with out a bunch of useless chatter.

Any chance that you'll do a video on treating chest and abdominal wounds?

Snareman
02-28-12, 10:29
Great video. I liked your other videos as well, lots of information with out a bunch of useless chatter.

Any chance that you'll do a video on treating chest and abdominal wounds?

I could see about a chest video which is mostly to needle or not needle. Maybe put a seal on it and get to help.

With abdominal wounds you're fairly SOL and hope for the best. You can stuff come coagulants in there, but if you've got your liver or spleen there isn't much you're going to do to fix it.

With extremity injuries there is at least the possibility of managing it yourself. With chest and abdomen you just need to hope that you didn't get anything important injured.

Tact.medic
03-26-12, 20:27
Nice work! Thanks for sharing

Snareman
03-26-12, 20:27
Nice work! Thanks for sharing

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks!

eo500
03-26-12, 20:45
Great video. There's a lot in there that I hadn't even thought about. Thanks for posting.

Snareman
03-26-12, 20:46
Great video. There's a lot in there that I hadn't even thought about. Thanks for posting.

You're welcome! Glad to be of some service. :)

RPD03
03-26-12, 21:58
Great video, thanks for posting. Going to use this at roll call for my ofcs.

Snareman
03-26-12, 22:01
Great video, thanks for posting. Going to use this at roll call for my ofcs.

I'm honored. Thanks!

Are you going to make them suffer through the entire half hour? :)

RPD03
03-26-12, 22:20
I'm honored. Thanks!

Are you going to make them suffer through the entire half hour? :)

I'm going to give them the parts about bleeding control/ CAT usage etc., our medics are pretty quick and a trauma center 5 min away but the more info I can give them the better.

Snareman
03-26-12, 22:21
I'm going to give them the parts about bleeding control/ CAT usage etc., our medics are pretty quick and a trauma center 5 min away but the more info I can give them the better.

Knowledge is power!