PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Gen 2 MBUS--Did I get taken? Knockoffs?

blasternank
02-26-12, 10:21
I bought a set of Magpul MBUS gen 2 sights at the Original Fort Worth Gun Show. They came as a pair in a MBUS Magpul Back-up Sight box with what appeared to be everything as you would expect. I heard somebody tell me that magpul does not sell the Gen. 2 sights as a pair and these came as a pair in a box made for the 2 sights. Is there a way to tell?

Thanks.

Bob

Stickman
02-26-12, 13:06
Does it say PTS somewhere on the box?

blasternank
02-26-12, 13:44
It does not say PTS on the sights themselves but it does say in such small letters I can barely read on the box Magpul really big then minute underneath Professional Training & Simulation Division. Does that mean I got airsoft? If that is all the notice you get Magpul needs to make a huge change!

loganp0916
02-26-12, 14:05
Airsoft. And my mbus2 came separate

3 AE
02-26-12, 14:39
How much did you pay for the set? Was it way less than the MSRP of @ $93.00-$98.00? The reason I asked is that it might warn someone by sending up a red flag if the price is too good to be true. Hope it's possible for you to get your money back.

st1650
02-26-12, 14:41
Airsoft. Sorry bud.

Dozer
02-26-12, 14:59
It does not say PTS on the sights themselves but it does say in such small letters I can barely read on the box Magpul really big then minute underneath Professional Training & Simulation Division. Does that mean I got airsoft? If that is all the notice you get Magpul needs to make a huge change!

Would you mind posting some pictures?

FWIW, Magpul PTS IS NOT manufactured by Magpul. Authentic PTS sights are clearly marked on the packaging and the product itself. What you got was probably a knock-off. We recommend you purchase from a reputable dealer in order to avoid these types of issues.

GunnutAF
02-26-12, 19:37
Funny I just got my MBUIS MOE's from Midway and they didn't come in a box! :rolleyes:

Jgraves1107
02-28-12, 17:14
Mine came in two packages at the gun show.

GunnutAF
02-28-12, 22:31
Jgraves1107
Yep just another gunshow rip off! Seems to be the norm now a days!:rolleyes:

nobody knows
02-29-12, 03:06
I'm not positive because I have no interest in them, but all the ones that I have seen come in separate plastic bag type packaging.

znztivguy
02-29-12, 13:32
Simulation sights yes....that is what you got......

Stickman
02-29-12, 14:11

You did not get Magpul components, and as Dozer already commented, its one of the reasons to buy from real dealers.

There have been a lot of people posting lately that they have purchased items they thought were Magpul, but later found out it was airsoft knockoffs. All of the people had certain things in common, they were buying something much cheaper than Magpul pricing, and none of them were buying from Magpul dealers.

Guys, if you buy from any of the Magpul dealers or distributors, you aren't going to get burned.

LWatson
02-29-12, 18:06
who did they come from so I can stay away.

Kain
02-29-12, 18:24
I would be interested in seeing the boxes they came in, if you still have them. There are a few guys trying to sell the Magpul sights online as pairs in boxes on a local site and would like to be able to tell if they are fakes on not. Likely are, but would like to be able to warn others before they get screwed.

TunaFisherman
02-29-12, 20:19
Ebay has sets for $25 . They come in a box with orange on it from China . For Air soft guns. I believe the tru Gen 2s have the magpul logo on them and the PTS do not. The Gen2s are sold as singles not pairs at least every time I have bought them. Plastic bag stapled to cardboard