Standbanger
02-26-12, 17:19
Thanks

Kokopelli
02-26-12, 18:06
I'd sure like to have one.. or two.. Cheers.. Ron

N8rfastback
02-26-12, 18:34
I just put one in my varmint rifle and it is amazing. Shooting at 400 yds before was guesswork with the milspec trigger and now the rifle doesn't move at all when the trigger lets go and I know where my shot is gonna land. Worth every dollar and then some.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

flanntastic
02-26-12, 18:47
if you are going to spend $ on a trigger, go geissele

Standbanger
02-26-12, 19:56
if you are going to spend $ on a trigger, go geissele

I will do my research

flanntastic
02-26-12, 20:43
SSA-E is my favorite

JohnnyC
02-26-12, 22:09
I have an older vintage trigger. After about 250 rounds it quit resetting. I had to push the trigger forward with my finger. After about another 100 rounds it wouldn't reset at all. They said I could send it in, but I switched to a Geissele instead and haven't looked back. Been a few thousand since the switch and I have no complaints whatsoever. So, I'll echo Grant and say for a varmint or comp gun it would be ok. For a fighting gun, no way.

black_m4
02-26-12, 22:48
i have a timney 3 pound skeleton trigger. bought it as they are local to me. It is very light and install is nice and simple. The adjusting screws get rid of the need for anti-rotation pins. reset is minimal.

gunfighter48
02-28-12, 01:01
I put a Timney 4lb in my S&W M&P 15 Sport and love it. Very very little take up or over travel. Consistent 4lb pull shot after shot. It's one of the best triggers I've pulled in 52 years of shooting rifles. I will buy another one for my next AR.

TehLlama
02-28-12, 02:33
I've had a 3lb Skeleton for a while, that lower wound up wearing my KNS pins as well. It's as close to a bolt gun trigger as I've felt in an AR, which is great as a varmint trigger, but even for me in comp style shooting a Geissele comes out ahead.

I really couldn't think of a better trigger for a varmint or paper punching rifle, but that's the application in my mind - everything else for me can be handled better by a GSSA or GSSA-E.

R0CKETMAN
02-28-12, 04:56
I pulled mine a couple weeks ago and put in a new SSA I had in the drawer.

Timney makes one heck of a nice bench/range trigger.

Standbanger
03-03-12, 10:58
ordered SSA-E today

brzusa.1911
03-03-12, 11:12
Geissele all the way, I tried a SSA and want one on all my rifles.

MidwestRookie
03-03-12, 11:35
ordered SSA-E today

Thats a good choice. The same one I made when I bought my lower from Grant.

It's a ridiculously nice trigger and last I checked, cheaper than the Timney.

Noodles
03-03-12, 13:44
Yep, I'm going to be selling a timney 3lb in favor of a giessele.

SpaceWrangler
03-03-12, 13:47
I opted for the SSA instead of the SSA-E. A smooth clean 4.5 pounds for a 'work' AR is plenty nice.

Standbanger
03-03-12, 17:16
I just tinker a bit with my shooting, not a LEO, nor military, just like to shoot, I shoot less than a thousand rounds a year. I do carry a rifle when I am hiking around in the mountains in North Alabama. I really hope the SSA-E trigger helps my M4.

black_m4
03-04-12, 16:00
I opted for the SSA instead of the SSA-E. A smooth clean 4.5 pounds for a 'work' AR is plenty nice.

dont know if you have a geissele yet but i recently got a SSA but its not a true 4.5 pound trigger like the timney is a single 3 pound. Its 2 pounds on the first stage (which is nothing) then another 2.5 pounds on the second stage which is even lighter than the timney which is what i love about them.

black_m4
03-04-12, 16:03
I just tinker a bit with my shooting, not a LEO, nor military, just like to shoot, I shoot less than a thousand rounds a year. I do carry a rifle when I am hiking around in the mountains in North Alabama. I really hope the SSA-E trigger helps my M4.

see my above post about the SSA, I can only imagine that the SSA-E would be even lighter of a trigger pull.

SpaceWrangler
03-04-12, 18:01
I have it and shoot it a lot. I haven't measured it though. 4.5 is simply what it's advertised as.

dont know if you have a geissele yet but i recently got a SSA but its not a true 4.5 pound trigger like the timney is a single 3 pound. Its 2 pounds on the first stage (which is nothing) then another 2.5 pounds on the second stage which is even lighter than the timney which is what i love about them.

Standbanger
03-04-12, 19:37
I placed the order Saturday morning ought to have trigger by the end of the week then the mystery of the install. I hope the instructions are good. No I am not about to tell what the trigger is going in. Its not a Colt so I am automatically have a piece of crap. I have 2 AR's a 5.56 and a 6.5 Grendel. One trigger in one lower ought to do me for a while. Both are scoped with good scopes and both are accurate and are a blast. Thanks for all the respsonses been a big help.