PDA

View Full Version : CMMG now offering CHF

Tzook
02-27-12, 07:25
I was flipping through some literature my friend brought back from SHOT for me, and it appears CMMG is now offering a line of cold hammer forged barrels. Nice to see one of the mid range companies looking to better their product line.

Anybody else have any info on this? Maybe since they know they aren't BCM they'll sell their barrels at half the going rate :D

Robb Jensen
02-27-12, 07:45
They may be getting their bbl blanks from FN. If CMMG is still doing their own profiling and drilling gas ports expect large burrs as the gas port.

5pins
02-27-12, 08:26
According to their website the price is about the same. Theirs come with an FSB and barrel nut for $325.

justin_247
02-27-12, 08:52
According to their website the price is about the same. Theirs come with an FSB and barrel nut for $325.

About the same price you'd pay for a Daniel Defense CHF barrel... a known good item.

Did FN open up the flood gates or something and allow every person and his dog to purchase tons of barrels from them?

DeltaSierra
02-27-12, 09:00
Did FN open up the flood gates or something and allow every person and his dog to purchase tons of barrels from them?

Simply amazing that all of a sudden nearly everyone gets their barrels from FN, isn't it?

Perhaps, instead of making barrels for the world, FN should get moving on the SCAR 17 magazine situation... Or perhaps, these companies should stop with the marketing campaign already.

Robb Jensen
02-27-12, 09:51
Simply amazing that all of a sudden nearly everyone gets their barrels from FN, isn't it?

Perhaps, instead of making barrels for the world, FN should get moving on the SCAR 17 magazine situation... Or perhaps, these companies should stop with the marketing campaign already.

Yes FN sells barrel blanks to lots of companies now.

devinsdad
02-27-12, 10:51
I'd venture to say that FN has been selling their tubes for quite some time....it's just common knowledge these days.

Heavy Metal
02-27-12, 11:19
Hey Robb,

Do you know if the forming of the chamber is integral to the hammer forging process? I think it is but am not sure.

Tzook
02-27-12, 12:33
The brochure I have doesn't give any info on whether they are FN blanks, or if they're doing it in house. I'd guess they're getting them somewhere, but you'd thinking advertising them as FN made would get them a little more interest?

Robb Jensen
02-27-12, 13:46
Hey Robb,

Do you know if the forming of the chamber is integral to the hammer forging process? I think it is but am not sure.

I don't know.

Heavy Metal
02-27-12, 14:14
I suspect since they are chromed from the factory that have to be.

If the blanks are FNM then people should be guarenteed of not getting a crappy .223 chamber.

TehLlama
02-27-12, 22:14
Given the previous close relationship between CMMG and FN, and CMMG's propensity for using their own odd barrel profiles, I'm surprised it's taken until now to see them.