PDA

View Full Version : Timney Trigger Install?

Shihan
12-25-07, 12:26
I just got the Timney single 4lb trigger and im having issues. I cant get the selector to go back in as the back part of the module is in the way and wont allow insertion of the selector. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shihan
12-25-07, 12:31
Got it, thanks

R.Miksits
12-31-07, 12:25
Just as a FYI, I have two of these triggers, one in a CMMG lower and one in a STAG lower, both had problems keeping the trigger pins locked up even after putting on loctite the screws that push on the lower underneath the trigger module. I lost two pins at different times from shooting and would often have to push them in at the range and tighten them up again.

my fix was KNS pins.

just something to watch, sorry if I'm telling you something you already know.

Rob

Shihan
12-31-07, 14:04
Just as a FYI, I have two of these triggers, one in a CMMG lower and one in a STAG lower, both had problems keeping the trigger pins locked up even after putting on loctite the screws that push on the lower underneath the trigger module. I lost two pins at different times from shooting and would often have to push them in at the range and tighten them up again.

my fix was KNS pins.

Rob

Is this on the new Gen Timney's? Also detail how you used loctite on the screws. Did you take them all the way out, Locktite and then reinstall?

01-01-08, 20:22

my fix was KNS pins.

Rob

I didn't like the way timney wants to hold the pins in -via tension from set screws. It seemed kinda wishywashy to me. So I installed with KNS pins to start with. I love the trigger other then that and it has been working fine. Mine is a Gen I

R.Miksits
01-01-08, 20:30
Is this on the new Gen Timney's? Also detail how you used loctite on the screws. Did you take them all the way out, Locktite and then reinstall?

im not sure of the gen, but ive had mine for 4 months. Locktite wise I pushed the spring off to the inside (towards the hammer) took the screws out Via Magnetic allen dropped the locktite in and then screwed them in. Used blue locktite.

Shihan
01-02-08, 08:33
Thanks