PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite grease?

Altair
02-28-12, 11:34
I've used a few over the years and have found most to be adequate. I used Rig for years until they stopped making it (I know it is being made again now). Then I switched to Slip 2000 EWG. It works fine but seems to get sluggish easier than the Rig did. A good friend of mine is trying to convince me to use Militec and swears by it. He doesn't like Rig because he says it gets sluggish (I've never experienced that problem with Rig). I used a fair amount of the Militec servicing 14 M14's last week with him and it seemed fine but I've not used it on a weapon I've actually fired.

So I thought I'd ask here and see what people like. I've gone to an oil/ATF mix for oil applications. The militec seems to be essentially automotive grease, but that doesn't bother me (obviously, since I use motor oil).

I've heard TW-25B mentioned here and there. What advantage would it have over the Militec? I see it is about 6 times the price if you account for quantity. Is it that much better? I have no personal experience with it.

So, what do people like and use taking all factors into account?

sinlessorrow
02-28-12, 11:38
50/50 mix of 5w30 motor oil and automatic transmission fluid.

after 300rnds of ammo there is still plenty of lube on my internals

MistWolf
02-28-12, 12:05
To paraphrase, it's better to use the search button and resurrect and old thread than start 5 or 6 lube threads a week

JSantoro
02-28-12, 12:13
Re-read the post immediately above.

When in doubt....re-read it again.