PDA

View Full Version : Thank you LE & Military...

Artos
02-28-12, 16:17
Felt impressed just to say gracias to everyone drawn into this line of work. Preaching to 'most' of the choir here I know but it is sincere. It is not my wish to waste bandwith for stating what should be the obvious.

I wanted to get a criminal justice degree about 2 decades ago and about that time I got really involved with reloading, hunting and studying the carnage small arms do on big games. It changed my direction and I decided I wanted nothing to do with the pointy end of firearms, even though they are my passion.

Many of my friends are in this line of work from game wardens to ATF. I get the desire to enter the call but realized it takes a special mind set to deal with thugs and bad guys on a daily basis.

I have had only one experience where I had to walk away from a confrontation, thinking I could have to draw my weapon being a CHL holder. I ripped the guys grip on my shirt in a crowded grocery store after accidentally bumping into him with my cart & an unsucessful attempt to apologize. It drew the attn of many rubber neckers including women and kids just gawking. I get flush thinking about it understanding what bullets do after they leave the muzzle. I doubt I would hesitate to use deadly force in a no out situation, but it was quite the opener and lesson learned in conflict resolution.

Anyway, sorry for the mushy thread but needed to do it...I feel you men and women are are only hope for upholding & saving us from those deligently & willing to work at the slow deterioration of our constitution.

May you be blessed & in His favor...I am in your shadow.