02-28-12, 17:21
missed a bracket...

ssracer
02-28-12, 17:30
http://i42.tinypic.com/r9pz87.jpg

there ya go....nice rifle

strambo
02-28-12, 17:47
I have standardized on Magpul RVGs also and use the thumb-break grip. Low price, comfortable, durable (and choice of color!)

JW1069
02-28-12, 18:58
I have standardized on Magpul RVGs also and use the thumb-break grip. Low price, comfortable, durable (and choice of color!)
I was pleasantly surprised at just how rock solid these hollow polymer VFG's are. If you prefer something bigger than a handstop, the RVG or MVG are solid choices.

R0CKETMAN
02-28-12, 19:27
Not a convert as I've been a fan of TD VFG for many years. Nice place to stow some essentials too

LoneWolfRonin
03-10-12, 11:59
I added a grip pod and love it!

castle
03-10-12, 16:42
you could call me a "soon to be" convert. i recently installed a 12"fsp rail on my colt and am looking forward to trying out the rvg. i still don't care much for the looks of the full size versions, i can certainly see the stubby improving my manipulation of the carbine.

bsmith_shoot
03-10-12, 17:10
Ive used a vert grip for years, but have settled on hand stops now. Im really liking the LaRue clips with their hand stop right now. Of all the verts ive used, I like the RVG the best though.
Brandon

TCBA_Joe
03-10-12, 17:58
I have a RVG sitting in a parts box right now. I really liked it,, but it's gonna go on another rifle at some point.

For some reason, I really like the ubiquitous Knight's VFG. It's light, fits my hand, even for shooting thumb break.

Todd00000
03-10-12, 18:14
[img].

Are there any other anti-VFG converts here?

I was, but it gives me more options for carry and aiming positions.

duece71
03-10-12, 18:25
Has anyone figured out a way to carry stuff in the Magpul VFG? I am thinking about a rubber sleave of some sort to slip over the grip. Something along the lines of rubber "boot" that goes on the leg of a crutch. Anyone have any ideas??

The_War_Wagon
03-10-12, 18:34
I actually converted from TangoDown to the Magpul AVG, as it promotes a BETTER grip (for me) on the front of the rifle. If it promotes a BETTER grip, so much the better!

Rodman24
03-10-12, 18:42
I like the simplicity and low cost of the RVG, but the QD Tango Down stubby is my preference. I've considered trying the Bobro. If it's anything like their scope mounts... That would be great.

Kain
03-10-12, 21:26
I will admit to being a convert, having bounced back and forth I have found a small to medium VG to be beneficial, first I like them as an index point for shooting, coming from a competition background the fewer the variables in how you mount the gun the more consistent you are, second I can use it as a monopod in certain shooting positions.

Has anyone figured out a way to carry stuff in the Magpul VFG? I am thinking about a rubber sleave of some sort to slip over the grip. Something along the lines of rubber "boot" that goes on the leg of a crutch. Anyone have any ideas??

I would be interested in seeing something like that as well. Perhaps a 2nd gen model set up like the MIAD and MOE grips where you have different inserts to carry different items. I have a RVG and MVG and love them both, very hard to beat for the money and I like how lightweigth they are, but there in lies the rub, I choose them for their lightness, and I am not sure it would be in my best interest to add more weight there, I have a bolt and firing pin in the MIAD, and am going to end up with batteries in the stock when I finally get my ACS, Do I need more weight? That said, I would still be interested in buying one to play with.

fixit69
03-11-12, 08:06
I actually converted from TangoDown to the Magpul AVG, as it promotes a BETTER grip (for me) on the front of the rifle. If it promotes a BETTER grip, so much the better!

This exact same thing with small vert and thumb over. Much more control for me than just grabbing the full size grip like I did for years.