PDA

View Full Version : Avatar?

tjhjunk
12-26-07, 08:58
This may sound kinda dumb, but could somebody walk me through adding a avatar to my user name. I have tried photobucket but no luck. I am very computer illiterate.
Tim:(

TOrrock
12-26-07, 09:21
This may sound kinda dumb, but could somebody walk me through adding a avatar to my user name. I have tried photobucket but no luck. I am very computer illiterate.
Tim:(

The software here won't let you add one from photobucket. Download the .jpg or .gif that you want to use onto your hard drive, and then upload it to the site, it should work fine then.

tjhjunk
12-26-07, 09:31
Huh???
Tim:o

TOrrock
12-26-07, 09:35
When you are at the avatar page, upload your picture from your computer, not a link from photobucket.

tjhjunk
12-26-07, 09:45
Thanks

doorkicker
12-26-07, 09:45
You may upload a new custom image
by either:
Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Select whatever image you want and change the dimension of it in a photo program so it adhears to the above guidelines (ie 80x80).
Then you upload the image via www.photobucket.com (start a free act. if you don't already have one).

Once you have uploaded the image, copy the URL (http) code of said image, and paste it into the option 1 field.

or....

If you want to steal someone elses avatar from another forum...right click the image and go to properties....highlight/copy the URL and post it into option 1 if it adhears to the size limit.

Then save.

ta-da...too easy :D

tjhjunk
12-26-07, 11:51
Still no luck. Guess the computer gods won't allow it.:(
Tim:mad:

tjhjunk
12-26-07, 18:59
FINALLY!!!