PDA

View Full Version : Bump Stock... WTH?

Ark1443
02-29-12, 13:35
So I just got back from the local fun range, DDM4v3 still warm to the touch, and while there I had a interesting convo with a older gentleman.

This guy approaches me after a bit (were the only two of three guys there), and asks about my AR. Generic gun chit chat begins, and he gets comes to the statement that he had met a guy just yesterday at that range (man wish I could go that often!)... who had a bump stock, and made some weird hand gestures.

Slightly confused I inquired to what he meant, he meant the guy had a... and get this, legal, full auto without needing a license! He claimed that as the guy fired, whatever modifications he did to the stock would let it, under the guns own recoiling power, automatically bump fire.

Thinking BS, I simply said, "I think the ATF would have something to say about that...."

His response, "oh no, its legal! And he had a suppressor too... but it didn't do anything for the sound, it was so loud with it, hell, why bother!"

Thoughts? Legal, no legal, BS, no BS? :haha:

Gunfighter 9
02-29-12, 13:38
It's completely legal, and there are videos all over youtube.

Iraqgunz
02-29-12, 13:39
It's called a SlideFire Stock and has been discussed before. It's not worth the bandwidth.