PDA

View Full Version : Pat Rogers reminding us about the little things...

^Rb
02-29-12, 14:46
http://youtu.be/lUHm34hksac

:lol:

SeriousStudent
02-29-12, 18:59
Ah, Gunner Rogers..... :D

Truly, Warrant Officers are one of the things I miss most about the Corps.

Endur
02-29-12, 19:20
You just sucked a big moose cock!

Jokes aside a good short vid.

Keydet08
02-29-12, 19:24
Ah, Gunner Rogers..... :D

Truly, Warrant Officers are one of the things I miss most about the Corps.

Not a gunner... Only 0306 Infantry Weapons Officers hold the term "Gunner"

theblackknight
03-03-12, 04:57
This better not turn into another dick measuring resume jockey flamefest.

Keydet08
03-03-12, 05:31
This better not turn into another dick measuring resume jockey flamefest.

I am not a gunner either, nor am I the biggest fan of most of the ones I have come across, but words have meaning, and that title implies a specific MOS and training/career pipeline. It would be similar to calling any captain "skipper" when it would only be applicable to someone who is a company commander.

Littlelebowski
03-03-12, 07:19
Not a gunner... Only 0306 Infantry Weapons Officers hold the term "Gunner"

Yup. I can't stand folks labeling all warrant officers as "Gunners."

QuietShootr
03-03-12, 07:43
Can we, just this once, ease the **** up on Pat? (this is a pre-emptive post, not a reaction to stuff that's already been posted) Out here in meatspace, there are often many more facets to a story than what one group of character assassins puts out there, and people have motives for going after someone other than "getting the truth out". Almost all of us have experiences that look pretty good when they're looked at one way, and 'meh' when looked at through the lens of someone who doesn't like you or has an axe to grind.

I'm just saying.

drsal
03-03-12, 11:24
Agreed. I like Pat, a lot and consider him a friend as well. I enjoy his classes, hell I even flew him a couple of times way back in the day when carrying Marines on a Joint Op, and he remembered me. Small world...too small to sweat the small shit on an individual with a hell of a lot of character.

And quite the entertainer as well !

Blake
03-03-12, 11:27
Pat is an outstanding instructor and a great mentor.

I often seek out his advice on a plethora of issues. Pat cares that people learn how to win the fight. Does he have very particular opinions on certain matters? Absolutely. However, so do several other instructors out there.

He has many years of teaching that are back up by quality experience.

If someone can go to one of his classes, and not walk away having gained something, I would be very surprised.

Pat is an all-around Great Guy!

ST911
03-03-12, 11:49
This thread doesn't need to be about Pat Rogers at all. It can be about using good reloading techniques, doing solid push-pulls, and not sucking moose cocks.

Leave it at that, avoid the drama, insults, and thread locks. Pretty simple.

SeriousStudent
03-03-12, 11:51
It was not my intention to start any controversy. I got out of the Corps many years ago, before the rank of Marine Gunner was revived. Back in the 1970's and 1980's, it was a common thing to refer to a Chief Warrant Officer as "Gunner Smith" or "Gunner Jones". That was an informal yet respectful greeting. If any of you happened to be an active duty Marine 30 years ago, you will recall that.

I considered myself very fortunate to have worked for a CW02 and a CWO3 for a while. I was a much better Marine for the experience.

As Pat Rogers was from that era, that was the context of my remarks. No slight or offense was intended, nor any feather ruffling. Feel free to review all the posts I have made here over the years. I'm not a confrontational person.

If F2S or any other mod wishes to modify or edit my posts, they are certainly welcome to do so with absolutely no hard feelings on my part.

Str8Jacket722
03-07-12, 19:26
I will be taking this Man's course. Not only to be mentored by someone with years of experience, but also to be accused by a kind hearted older gentleman of sucking a big f&*ing moose cock in person. :D

JSantoro
03-08-12, 09:57
Oh, it's a moment to be treasured, all right....:D

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/24/mcaward.jpg

lethal dose
03-08-12, 10:04
You jast sucked a beeg fackin' mooose cack! :D (Forgive my swearing.) Love Pat.