PDA

View Full Version : Hung Out to dry by Del-Ton

MrM4
02-29-12, 15:50
I own a small shop that custom builds ARs and Uppers for people as well as NFA items. I placed a $1650.00 parts order on 2/23 with Del-Ton, I called to check and make sure each item was in stock. Once I had confirmed each item was in stock I hit the submit button on my internet order. The morning of 2/28 morning I get the following email for Del-ton:

Hi,
We are sorry, but at this time rifle parts are back ordered indefinitely. We can keep your order on back order if you wish, however we cannot give any time frame on when it may be shipped. We are sorry for any inconvenience. The items that are available for shipment on this order include the lower receivers, sling swivel and rivet. Please let me know if you would like for me to send available items.

Thanks,
Del-Ton Inc.

I called Del-ton (2/28) to see what had caused the back ordered. I was told that that on 2/27 Del-tons Higher ups had held a sales meeting and decided to halt shipment of parts orders that had been placed but not shipped so that Distributor demand for complete rifles could be met. After a long conversation with a very nice woman who answers the phones I was told that out of my $1650 order they could send the $0.20 front swivel rivet and nothing else, not even the LOWERS. I had already ordered another $600 worth of parts that Del-ton does not carry form a different seller to complete the uppers I needed to build for our customers.

I decided to cancel the order rather than sit on a permit back order list for the parts that I needed this week. The same parts I was told " Yes everything on your list is in stock, the parts will ship out soon, they just need to process the order".

During my phone call on 2/28 I was told the Distributors have priority, which I can understand, to a certain extent. What I cannot understand or believe is that Del-ton would do this to their other customers who already have standing orders and a history of buying from them in the past.

I own a small shop that does custom builds, that order was for parts that were going to some of my companies' customers who were expecting a finished product by a certain date. A date that was given to our customers after I talked with Del-ton and after I was told that we would have the parts in our shop shortly thereafter. I spent yesterday on the phone with many distributors trying to get the parts in time for us meet the dead line with our customers.

I cannot even begin to tell you how disappoint and annoyed we are with Del-ton pulling the rug out from under us after taking our order for parts that were in stock ready to ship. I could understand taking back orders from the day of the sales meeting forward on new orders. But to put existing orders on indefinite back order after telling us these item were in stock ready to ship is not acceptable. Our business was counting on their word that the parts would be here.

We choose to cancel the order. I asked the very nice lady who answered the phone call to share our extremely disappointed feelings with the higher ups at Del-ton. Clearly the decision was not her fault and she was very professional which I want to point out to her credit. I also explained that we would not be purchasing anything from them again.

I just wanted to share how little Del-ton seems to care about their repeat customers. We have had good dealings in the past with Del-Ton, but we are dissapointed in them now.

LPMan59
02-29-12, 15:55
:eek:

the only time i have dealt with Del-ton was when I emailed them about about ordering one of their kits. Only took them 2.5 weeks to respond. :rolleyes:

Then again DS Arms, PSA and Colt have done similar things to me. I wish everyone would be more like Springfield.

Sorry to hear about this. I'm glad I didn't order from them.

constructor
02-29-12, 16:10
I'm not taking up for anyone but, every manufacturer is running at max capacity. The barrel makers are running 3 shifts and still taking 5 months to get barrels shipped. Receivers from many companies are backordered 14-16 weeks. Some companies have increased the min order to 2500 pieces to weed out the small guys and some manufacturers aren't taking any new customers.
I don't know if it's 2012 or the coming election or companies just stockpiling parts while they can or what but it's going to be a tough year to obtain parts.

lilro
02-29-12, 16:23
^^^This. It's an election year and people are having complaints with all the online gun retailers. Doesn't help that every single NRA magazine has 5+ articles on Obama taking our guns.

steelonsteel
02-29-12, 16:38
I have a guy I run into at the range quite often who just ordered a rifle kit from them. He;s a hibby type shooter but a real easy to get along with guy. I'll ask him what happened with his order next time I see him - I'm curious now about why they would do this as well.

It would make since that if a new decision is made you do that to new ordered, but not orders that were already made!

Heidevolk
02-29-12, 16:39
UGGGHHHH

Maybe don't order Del-Ton-Of-Shit?

jmp45
02-29-12, 16:40
Last pre-election time before I knew even a little about M4s I put an order into Del-Ton to do a build, the wait time was about 6 months or so I recall. After a month or two, I cancelled. Really, really glad I did. Picked up an M&P15 at Gander. I regret not finding this site til after and more importantly, Grant.

ache_d
02-29-12, 17:30
Let's get 15 members to email 15 companies at the exact time (email should all be the same and have the same text [something typical])

and the quickest and most complete response get free ad banner space for 3 months. hahah Who is in!? I'm not even sure if I'm serious btw....

ohiorifleman
02-29-12, 17:45
I believe Del-Ton just did your "custom" rifle customers a favor. ;)Midwayusa just started carrying complete Del-Ton kits for 470.00- maybe you can order those and up the price on your customers- kidding of course.

MrFJones
02-29-12, 17:54
:eek:

the only time i have dealt with Del-ton was when I emailed them about about ordering one of their kits. Only took them 2.5 weeks to respond. :rolleyes:

Then again DS Arms, PSA and Colt have done similar things to me. I wish everyone would be more like Springfield.

Sorry to hear about this. I'm glad I didn't order from them.

I agree with that. Took me a day to get something back to them that needed work and it showed up a week later too. I love Springfield.

DemonRat
02-29-12, 18:03
I own a del-ton and let me tell you wish I had a colt instead. Please stop using shitty parts made by shitty company's. I emailed them last year about my rifle and I have emailed then 27 times now since then and I haven't gotten an answer to my question. I had asked if the any parts on the rifle had been MP'ed or not. I will be emailing them the exact question again in 4 days hopefully I will get something soon from them. I can't wait till I get my Colt just haven't decided what one I want or need.

kartoffel
02-29-12, 18:50
following email for Del-ton:

Hi,
We are sorry, but at this time rifle parts are back ordered indefinitely. We can keep your order on back order if you wish, however we cannot give any time frame on when it may be shipped. We are sorry for any inconvenience. The items that are available for shipment on this order include the lower receivers, sling swivel and rivet. Please let me know if you would like for me to send available items.

Thanks,
Del-Ton Inc.

To which I'd have replied:

I'm so sorry to hear that Del-Ton has halted business operations indefinitely. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

.... and then placed an order with somebody else (if I hadn't already... depending on how much inventory I felt like sitting on).

Also, what DemonRat said! While it's awesome that you're building guns for customers, there are better choices than DelTon parts.

MrM4
02-29-12, 19:53
The Del-ton stuff is for the budget minded guys, we do ALL kinda of stuff but they were the cheapest place for an "ok" barrel for those guys who want a shooter / range gun that is priced right.

VIP3R 237
02-29-12, 20:02
I'm not taking up for anyone but, every manufacturer is running at max capacity. The barrel makers are running 3 shifts and still taking 5 months to get barrels shipped. Receivers from many companies are backordered 14-16 weeks. Some companies have increased the min order to 2500 pieces to weed out the small guys and some manufacturers aren't taking any new customers.
I don't know if it's 2012 or the coming election or companies just stockpiling parts while they can or what but it's going to be a tough year to obtain parts.

Thats the story im seeing everywhere right now. Im mentioned in another thread how one of my best friends works for sportsmans warehouse which being a big box store has alot of buying power. well his buyers told him most manufactures are months out right now and some are even close to a year backordered (bushy and dpms). he was also saying that with how hard it is to get product and how fast things are selling right now they're expecting to be at 50% inventory levels within 45-60 days.
My personal feelings are by august youll be hard pressed to find anything firearm or ammo related anywhere in the country.

cop1211
02-29-12, 20:05
Sucks....but at least you have the best avatar on the entire board:D

J_Dub_503
02-29-12, 20:16
Hopefully this is Del-Ton going into self destruct mode...sorry for the inconvenience they caused you though.

C4IGrant
02-29-12, 21:48
Wait, you were (on purpose) trying to spend $1600 + with Del-ton?

:jester:

C4

CoryCop25
02-29-12, 22:20
Let's get 15 members to email 15 companies at the exact time (email should all be the same and have the same text [something typical])

and the quickest and most complete response get free ad banner space for 3 months. hahah Who is in!? I'm not even sure if I'm serious btw....

The companies that would respond first already have banner space.... ;)

sinlessorrow
02-29-12, 22:22
Hopefully this is Del-Ton going into self destruct mode...sorry for the inconvenience they caused you though.

i never hope a company goes under in an economy like this. they are still an american business and while they may not make the best stuff its still a job run by americans.

ache_d
02-29-12, 22:29
The companies that would respond first already have banner space.... ;)

Absolutly! I like to think they earned it... This isn't TOS... Thankfully. I've delt with a good bit of the banner gang minus a few (ar-gold pof ect) Though I am bumed SKD didnt have the chest rig I wanted in... but with them plan C is still better than most!

Sorry for my rant here. Back to *turns head in pain* Del-ton.... sigh

The_War_Wagon
02-29-12, 22:30
I'm with Grant on this one. As you've been a member of this board for 3 1/2 years, what - precisely - ever gave you the impression HERE, that they were a company worth doing business with?

DeltaSierra
02-29-12, 23:54
Wait, you were (on purpose) trying to spend $1600 + with Del-ton?

:jester:

C4

You beat me to it.....:D

J_Dub_503
03-01-12, 00:15
Not to derail this informative thread ( :sarcastic: ) but who in the hell would buy a Del-Ton lower for $89 when you can get a S&W for ~$115 and a Noveske Blem (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1462) for $150?

Also, I see you have PSA lowers for $10 more than what PSA is selling them on their own website. (Note-It's Palmetto not Palmentto.)

One more thing...What the hell is this? (http://www.fungunshoot.com/images/9mm_1.JPG?223) :neo:

MrM4
03-01-12, 00:42
Custom SBR with a 5.5 inch tros 3lug, Hahn Block, 512 Eotech, ramped bolt in 9mm we did years back. Thats an ugly FF but the owner had it sitting around and wanted to save money, IIRC it had a YHM FF and magpul MOE on it last time I saw it.

PSA had a pretty good wait on lowers about a month ago. You can buy them direct from PSA but you would have to pay the $20 transfer fee when you come to pick it up. We deal with all kinda of stuff, although we try not to touch the UTG type stuff AT ALL.

steelonsteel
03-01-12, 08:10
So this thread is also copy/pasted over on [b]arfcom. Del-Ton just replied there. They say;

"We apologize for having to do this. We plan it to be only temporary. We prefer to offer US made milspec parts and if we must wait a little while to offer a quality product we will. We will not settle for foreign made parts just to make an extra buck. Our demands are extremely high right now due to recent SHOT Show, distributor demands, and it being election year. I think many remember how Nov. 5, 2008 was and are preparing earlier. We are a rifle manufacturer, so rifles come first. We have learned of shortages with raw materials and we are preparing for it by backordering parts that are needed to complete rifles.

We hate that we have to cut back small parts and certain builds due to demands. We hope that you understand and we hope that this is only very temporary until the supply meets demands better.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Laura"

Which sounds an awaful lot like "Yes it is true but please try to understand and don't be mad at us".

Now I could be nuts but here's a thought; If you really make all the dealers who would buy your product angry, who exactly do you think the distributors are going to sell those rifles to? After all - it IS dealers who buy from the distribtors. I don't really have a dog in this fight either way, but it seems to me that the fair business practice would be to put somehting new up on the website saying there will be long wait times,a nd apply that to new orders after that is posted. Changing your position on Orders you've already taken is basically just like breaking thier word.

As of this minute, thier website still says nothing about indefinate or extended wait times.

SomeOtherGuy
03-01-12, 08:24
I would suggest G&R, BCM, or DSG Arms for your small parts, with Armalite as another option. Prices are comparable. Of course I start with G&R for the LPK stuff but let's not let the word get out, I'm tired of them being out of stock! :)

For inexpensive barrels I would suggest you set up an account directly with Green Mountain, Shaw or Wilson, any of which can get you barrels of comparable or better quality in the same price range as DTI.

By the way, I have an unopened DTI LPK that I'll sell you for $40 if you're interested. :)

devinsdad
03-01-12, 12:12
Maybe I'm misreading this thread somewhere. You said (OP) that you have to pay a $20 transfer fee for lowers from PSA?? As a builder of firearms (Type 7 FFL) and dealer in NFA (Class 2 tax stamp) why in the world are paying a transfer fee for anything?? I'm sorry if I didn't read this correctly (wouldn't be the first time) but the $20 transfer fee thing has me stumped.

MrM4
03-01-12, 12:21
I guess I was not clear, I was replying to 8ball29s post about PSA lowers. I was just stating that we charge a $20 transfer fee so if the customer ordered direct from PSA they would have to pay that.

As a 07/02 we do not pay transfer fees ourselves.

MrM4
03-01-12, 14:53
Got it. :)

steelonsteel
03-01-12, 15:43
Got it. :)

Got what? your parts? an answer? the message?

J_Dub_503
03-01-12, 15:56
Got what? your parts? an answer? the message?

He was asked to add the fact that he was in the industry to his signature.

meausoc
03-01-12, 18:50
I guess I was not clear, I was replying to 8ball29s post about PSA lowers. I was just stating that we charge a $20 transfer fee so if the customer ordered direct from PSA they would have to pay that.

As a 07/02 we do not pay transfer fees ourselves.

You should post this on Uzitalk and give your business to Model 1 Scrap (Sales).

St.Michael
03-01-12, 19:10
Let me get this straight. You have 51 posts. Are on a budget. Spent 1600 with del ton and skipped right over the fact that Grant has shit for cheaper that is BETTER quality and actually sends it out? Did I cover it all?

EDIT: sorry for saying the same thing as you guys on page 2 of the thread I was so annoyed with the first post I almost didn't want to read it. Of ALLLLLLLLL the places to order from how did you end up on that website.

kartoffel
03-01-12, 19:18
Which sounds an awaful lot like "Yes it is true but please try to understand and don't be mad at us".

No worries, Del-Ton. I'm not going to waste any time being mad at ya.

wasn't gonna waste any time buying your shit either, but well....

As of this minute, thier website still says nothing about indefinate or extended wait times.

That's just typical scumbag business strategy. Maybe 2 or 3 out of ever 10 customers who get surprise-backordered will decide not to cancel.

MrM4
03-02-12, 07:35
Let me get this straight. You have 51 posts. Are on a budget. Spent 1600 with del ton and skipped right over the fact that Grant has shit for cheaper that is BETTER quality and actually sends it out? Did I cover it all?

EDIT: sorry for saying the same thing as you guys on page 2 of the thread I was so annoyed with the first post I almost didn't want to read it. Of ALLLLLLLLL the places to order from how did you end up on that website.

Im not sure that I know who "Grant" is but I would be willing to check into doing business there if you can provide alittle more info.

As for dealing with Delton, not every gun we build can be made of high dollar parts like Noveske DD RRA Larue JP and so on. There are guys out there who either can only afford the basics or thats all they want. Del-ton filled that need at the right Price point in the past. Like I said it was $1600 order not a $5-6K order.

steelonsteel
03-02-12, 07:40
Del-ton has now changed all the kits and parts on thier website to reflect "out of stock".

steelonsteel
03-02-12, 07:43
"grant" is Grant from G&R Tactical.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home

G&R Tactical
5002 New Cumberland Rd NE
Mineral City, OH 44656

For Price Quotes, Order Status, Appointments, and Custom Builds: sales@GRTactical.com

For Return/Refund and NFA status questions: returns@GRTactical.com

Phone 330-343-2800 Fax: 330-602-2425

C4IGrant
03-02-12, 08:55
Im not sure that I know who "Grant" is but I would be willing to check into doing business there if you can provide alittle more info.

As for dealing with Delton, not every gun we build can be made of high dollar parts like Noveske DD RRA Larue JP and so on. There are guys out there who either can only afford the basics or thats all they want. Del-ton filled that need at the right Price point in the past. Like I said it was $1600 order not a $5-6K order.

I am Grant. :thank_you2:

I fully understand about being on a budget. This is the best (Cheap) AR I have found: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=811036

C4

amd5007
03-02-12, 09:03
I am Grant. :thank_you2:

I fully understand about being on a budget. This is the best (Cheap) AR I have found: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=811036

C4

Grant, This is a little off topic, but that picture looks a little odd. Is the S&W missing a forward assist and ejection port cover?

Ghost__1
03-02-12, 09:10
Grant, This is a little off topic, but that picture looks a little odd. Is the S&W missing a forward assist and ejection port cover?

Not grant but you are correct. Its the sporter series of m&p15 with no amenities. Keeps the price down.

amd5007
03-02-12, 09:14
Not grant but you are correct. Its the sporter series of m&p15 with no amenities. Keeps the price down.

Huh. Interesting. I would have thought it costs more to have custom AR uppers machined without the ability to install those parts rather than simply replaced them with plastic parts or something, much like HK did with the 416 polymer ejection port cover. I just looked at the website and it seems the trigger guard is not a standard A2 setup but rather press fit into the frame or something.

Ghost__1
03-02-12, 09:51
Huh. Interesting. I would have thought it costs more to have custom AR uppers machined without the ability to install those parts rather than simply replaced them with plastic parts or something, much like HK did with the 416 polymer ejection port cover. I just looked at the website and it seems the trigger guard is not a standard A2 setup but rather press fit into the frame or something.

Well you got me there. I'm only assuming that's why they are cheaper. Have no proof. Just makes sense in my head.

GTifosi
03-02-12, 10:34
Dies are expensive and any fussy stuff cost more to make said die relevant to how finicky the extra is or where its located.

It may seem like all it would require is just a extra pocket here or there, but all that effects things like wall thickness and durability of the die. Little things make big differences IOW.

Then you have the actual amount of material used to create that extra bit along with if it is or isn't machined afterward.
Forward assist lug is a pretty fair example.

With it there, the die needs to be heavier in a distinct area, then there's whether it actually gets drilled or not costing machine and human time and money on a per unit basis along with the actual extra material involved in creating the lump itself.

10 or 20 uppers with no FA lump is one thing, but if you're talking hundreds then there's a cyclic computable breakover point where after x are made you get a 'free' one through material saved by not putting it there and some ratio to put against man and machine hours that weren't used.

Even at something seriouslty lowball like 50 cents per unit cheaper production cost you'd save $50,000 per 100,000 units.
Trim a penny here and a nickle there in various other steps along the way and you're talking some pretty serious money per completed unit put into the retail stream.

MrM4
03-03-12, 08:49
It seems like lot of people have already decided not to deal with them.

I did get some of the parts that they screwed us over on from another supplier yestereday. Im still waiting on about 1/2 of what we needed to come in from other sources.

C4IGrant
03-03-12, 08:54
It seems like lot of people have already decided not to deal with them.

I did get some of the parts that they screwed us over on from another supplier yestereday. Im still waiting on about 1/2 of what we needed to come in from other sources.

For parts, have you checked out CMT/Stag? They will sell you lots of part and are generally pretty good.

C4

MrM4
03-03-12, 20:29
We do deal with Stag / CMT. Good stuff sometimes their prices are pretty good.

I dont mind them meeting a demand with the distributors. Business is about making money but it pisses me off that they took our order while telling me "yes we have that Instock and will ship it out to you" only to come back a basically say "we have the stuff you order and that we promised you but we are giving it to someone more important".

I have made a point to cross post this on many forum sites and to date the threads have over been veiw about 4500 times.

SperlingPE
03-08-12, 12:27
I own a small shop that custom builds ARs and Uppers for people as well as NFA items. I placed a $1650.00 parts order on 2/23 with Del-Ton, I called to check and make sure each item was in stock. Once I had confirmed each item was in stock I hit the submit button on my internet order. The morning of 2/28 morning I get the following email for Del-ton:

Hi,

Thanks,
Del-Ton Inc.

I called Del-ton (2/28) to see what had caused the back ordered. I was told that that on 2/27 Del-tons Higher ups had held a sales meeting and decided to halt shipment of parts orders that had been placed but not shipped so that Distributor demand for complete rifles could be met. After a long conversation with a very nice woman who answers the phones I was told that out of my $1650 order they could send the $0.20 front swivel rivet and nothing else, not even the LOWERS. I had already ordered another $600 worth of parts that Del-ton does not carry form a different seller to complete the uppers I needed to build for our customers.

I decided to cancel the order rather than sit on a permit back order list for the parts that I needed this week. The same parts I was told " Yes everything on your list is in stock, the parts will ship out soon, they just need to process the order".

During my phone call on 2/28 I was told the Distributors have priority, which I can understand, to a certain extent. What I cannot understand or believe is that Del-ton would do this to their other customers who already have standing orders and a history of buying from them in the past.

I own a small shop that does custom builds, that order was for parts that were going to some of my companies' customers who were expecting a finished product by a certain date. A date that was given to our customers after I talked with Del-ton and after I was told that we would have the parts in our shop shortly thereafter. I spent yesterday on the phone with many distributors trying to get the parts in time for us meet the dead line with our customers.

I cannot even begin to tell you how disappoint and annoyed we are with Del-ton pulling the rug out from under us after taking our order for parts that were in stock ready to ship. I could understand taking back orders from the day of the sales meeting forward on new orders. But to put existing orders on indefinite back order after telling us these item were in stock ready to ship is not acceptable. Our business was counting on their word that the parts would be here.

We choose to cancel the order. I asked the very nice lady who answered the phone call to share our extremely disappointed feelings with the higher ups at Del-ton. Clearly the decision was not her fault and she was very professional which I want to point out to her credit. I also explained that we would not be purchasing anything from them again.

I just wanted to share how little Del-ton seems to care about their repeat customers. We have had good dealings in the past with Del-Ton, but we are dissapointed in them now.

What do you mean they don't care about repeat customers. I think distributors are repeat customers and repeat customers, etc.

Wormydog1724
03-08-12, 13:06
You do 'custom builds' with Delton parts? Interesting.....

MrM4
03-08-12, 23:53
You do 'custom builds' with Delton parts? Interesting.....

We do custom builds with parts from MANY places, Delton filled a need for the customers who want a "budget" AR, some of our customers can not afford some of the more expensive brands or they just choose to not spend the money for a different band.

p22shooter30
03-09-12, 00:37
its nice that you posted your experience to try to warn people that might be tempted into buying some of their products due to budget or whatever...

and then you get three pages of shit. lovely.

Timberwolf
03-09-12, 00:47
its nice that you posted your experience to try to warn people that might be tempted into buying some of their products due to budget or whatever...

and then you get three pages of shit. lovely.

Amazing, isn't it? Everybody's an expert these days (no offense to the actual experts intended). Crap we used to see only on TOS seems to be more and more prevalent around here.

ericridebike
03-09-12, 04:16
Been reading this thread with interest. I do have a Del-Ton that I built when I first got back into AR's. It has performed without issue so far & I have no complaints about it. I remember them when they did the gun show circuits here in NC before they "got big". I have also had the opportunity to visit them in person as they are in my state only a few hours away & they seemed to be genuinely good people. They built me an upper as I wanted while I waited just as a walk in customer(obviously a few years back) & were great to deal with. I know there are mixed opinions on their stuff, but their customer service always seemed to get great reviews.

I really hate to hear that this is the way they have chosen to do business(referring to OP's experience). I understand that businesses sometimes have to make difficult decisions, but the way they chose to handle this particular one seems so wrong to me. I also read through the thread about the same on AR15.com & the response from Tony at Del-Ton just really confirmed the fact that they did their customer wrong. Here is an exerpt from his response(I underlined/bolded the part, which is the part that bothers me):

"We feel that we've done everything we can on our end to keep our customer service at an exemplary level. It has been a hard decision to make, and not an easy one to convey to our customers. But, we have tried to let everyone know as soon as we can what will not be shipping ASAP so they can either back order the items or find them somewhere else. The parts are in stock, and when the customer called, we did have every intention of shipping them, but as happens sometimes, things change on a dime. When this happens, we do our best to let our customers know as soon as possible. "

To me the foundation of a business should be built on honesty and integrity. The customer called to confirm the parts were available before ordering & was told they were and order placed. For Del-Ton to decide to not ship him the parts at that point & allocate them elsewhere is just plain wrong in my book. I'm not sure how they feel they can justify treating a customer like that. If they continue that type of business practice, it will come back to bite them in the long run. I hope they learn from this. I am not a Del-Ton hater & in fact, am very happy with the products and customer service I have had from them.

SOWT
03-09-12, 08:40
"We feel that we've done everything we can on our end to keep our customer service at an exemplary level. It has been a hard decision to make, and not an easy one to convey to our customers. But, we have tried to let everyone know as soon as we can what will not be shipping ASAP so they can either back order the items or find them somewhere else. The parts are in stock, and when the customer called, we did have every intention of shipping them, but as happens sometimes, things change on a dime. When this happens, we do our best to let our customers know as soon as possible. "

To me the foundation of a business should be built on honesty and integrity. The customer called to confirm the parts were available before ordering & was told they were and order placed. For Del-Ton to decide to not ship him the parts at that point & allocate them elsewhere is just plain wrong in my book. I'm not sure how they feel they can justify treating a customer like that. If they continue that type of business practice, it will come back to bite them in the long run. I hope they learn from this. I am not a Del-Ton hater & in fact, am very happy with the products and customer service I have had from them.

I understand wanting to take care of the bigger customers, but 1st in 1st out should be considered. The "small" customer placed an order before the distributor, and should have had his order filled.

I too did business with Del-Ton when they first started. Good, not great, customer service. I now do business locally because I like the fact that I can drive to Austin and talk to the owner.

Hopefully Del-Ton's big customers can offset the loss something like this brings about.

C4IGrant
03-09-12, 08:44
I understand wanting to take care of the bigger customers, but 1st in 1st out should be considered. The "small" customer placed an order before the distributor, and should have had his order filled.

I too did business with Del-Ton when they first started. Good, not great, customer service. I now do business locally because I like the fact that I can drive to Austin and talk to the owner.

Hopefully Del-Ton's big customers can offset the loss something like this brings about.

Correct. First in, first out.

With that said, DT deals in cheap parts and their profit margins are most likely low as well. So volume is king and that is why they are focusing on the big distributors purchases.

C4

hikeeba
03-09-12, 10:31
I dont mind them meeting a demand with the distributors. Business is about making money but it pisses me off that they took our order while telling me "yes we have that Instock and will ship it out to you" only to come back a basically say "we have the stuff you order and that we promised you but we are giving it to someone more important".

While I'll agree your situation is cruddy, it is entirely possible that the person that was telling you "yes we have that in stock and will ship it out to you" had no clue what the 'higher ups' had planned to do within days, hours, or minutes of you hanging up the phone. 'Corporate' has a tendency to drop bombs in their own trenches sometimes.

Try to look at the brighter side - you lost and order; not your job.

steelonsteel
03-09-12, 15:43
'Corporate' has a tendency to drop bombs in their own trenches sometimes.

While I agree with everyhting you're saying I will also add that it will also be aorporate who will ahev to deal with the immediate lsos of sales fomr teh mall guys, as well as ALL thier repeat/future business. Likewise, if your dealers are angry with you - who do they think the distributors will eb selling those rifles to? the dealer won't be buying a product from a company they are mad at/hate. A lot fo distributors can return product that doesn't sell - so del-ton might be getting a lot of these rifles BACK when they don't sell - so they MUST be banking on another obamadrama fall.

nocomply25
03-09-12, 16:59
Sucks....but at least you have the best avatar on the entire board:D
+1 very nice avatar!! can we enlarge that for further inspection?!:D

That sucks about the delton man, maybe its the end of the world thing. It seems everyone I run into these days is buying an AR15.

SpookyPistolero
03-09-12, 17:53
For parts, have you checked out CMT/Stag? They will sell you lots of part and are generally pretty good.

C4

Can you elaborate on this, or was this tongue-in-cheek?

C4IGrant
03-09-12, 20:46
Can you elaborate on this, or was this tongue-in-cheek?

LOL, well not really. I would take CMT over Del-Ton.

C4

SteveS
03-09-12, 22:26
Colt or BCM . I know they will last and last. I Bought my first Colt in 1971 ,,, there are high quality ARs and low quality ARs.

SteveS
03-09-12, 22:32
One more thing...What the hell is this? (http://www.fungunshoot.com/images/9mm_1.JPG?223) :neo:[/QUOTE]
It is very loud.

MrM4
03-10-12, 00:00
One more thing...What the hell is this? (http://www.fungunshoot.com/images/9mm_1.JPG?223) :neo:

It is very loud.

Loud yes, without the silencer that is.

That was a gun that we did "on a budget" you might say, as funds became more availible to the owner he had us upgrade it. Theres actually a picture of that gun on our website. After had us do the upgrades and add the silencer it was a pretty cool toy. I have one built simulare to the one on our website in my personal collection.

It would be the 4th from top on this page:
http://www.fungunshoot.com/kit_builds_ar15_14.html
"9mm SBR, YHM FF Rail, EOtech512, Gemtech MK9-k, Tros 3 Lug Barrel"