PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint T-1

Funkenstein
02-29-12, 21:23
Anyone know of a good deal on an Aimpoint T-1?

I found one on botach with the LRP mount for $525 but on other sites like amazon they are going for $625+ with no mount...am I missing something?

Just looking for suggestions and am definitely getting one in the next couple weeks.

kwelz
02-29-12, 21:28
It is on Botach. That means you will pay less but you may or may not get your product on time if at all.

Buy from gandrtactical or another reputable dealer.

Also unless you need the NVG capabilities just get an H-1.

Funkenstein
02-29-12, 21:33
I could of sworn that 90% of T-1's I found about a year ago were definitely under $600.

Also Grant has them for $645 vs $525 on some other sites. I am willing to wait a little longer to save $120...

And is that the only difference between the T-1 and H-1? Both have 5yr battery life etc.?

SpaceWrangler
02-29-12, 21:34

Funkenstein
02-29-12, 21:37
I know this...

From shooting experience with NVG's, using a PEQ-15 is far superior than trying to look through a T-1 or any optic for that matter.

In fact I was more accurate with looking over my optic and just using my PEQ-15 than trying to use optic.

The T-1 is Night-Vision compatible.

MSteele
02-29-12, 21:39
This should be in the Light section but before it's moved I would be very cautious of Botach. A lot of people have had bad experiences with them and some not. As far as I know they are not an authorized dealer of aimpoint and they usually buy contract overruns from other countries. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if your going to spend the money you should buy it from an authorized dealer. I purchased mine from Grant at G&R with the Larue mount of my choice, check his sight for exact price. Also the equipment exchange is a great place to buy T1's...

SpaceWrangler
02-29-12, 21:42
I know this...

From shooting experience with NVG's, using a PEQ-15 is far superior than trying to look through a T-1 or any optic for that matter.

In fact I was more accurate with looking over my optic and just using my PEQ-15 than trying to use optic.

Yeah, my mistake. I just now saw Kwelz's post above that already answered that point. I deleted my post.

Funkenstein
02-29-12, 21:46
I see.

Also, why is it cheaper to go with his package that includes a Daniel Defense mount rather than stock?

On the equipment exchange I have tried multiple times to contact the guy that has it for $475, he won't give me pictures and told me to no longer e-mail him because he would rather talk on the phone. So I called him and he didn't answer...

This should be in the Light section but before it's moved I would be very cautious of Botach. A lot of people have had bad experiences with them and some not. As far as I know they are not an authorized dealer of aimpoint and they usually buy contract overruns from other countries. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if your going to spend the money you should buy it from an authorized dealer. I purchased mine from Grant at G&R with the Larue mount of my choice, check his sight for exact price. Also the equipment exchange is a great place to buy T1's...

TehLlama
02-29-12, 21:52
Not everything is going to be instant, and especially when you're looking to save some cash, patience is going to help devil.

I'd look for an H-1 Package, and price it from there. You'll need a mount for it anyway.

The other option is to keep looking. Now that the 2MOA Aimpoint Micros are coming out, tons of folks are looking at their 3.4MOA models that have used less than half of the first battery like a dried up prostitute. Great deals can be had, just takes some lurking.

Jaysop
02-29-12, 21:56
I see.

Also, why is it cheaper to go with his package that includes a Daniel Defense mount rather than stock?

On the equipment exchange I have tried multiple times to contact the guy that has it for $475, he won't give me pictures and told me to no longer e-mail him because he would rather talk on the phone. So I called him and he didn't answer...

I wouldn't trust that at all. Dot send someone $500 unless they're a known member with a good rating. Make sure your also familer with PayPal procedures. Don't send anyone a check or money order either.
Just saying.

Funkenstein
02-29-12, 21:58
He emailed me just now about it.

Thanks for the advice.

Also the MOA isn't a huge deal, correct?

Not everything is going to be instant, and especially when you're looking to save some cash, patience is going to help devil.

I'd look for an H-1 Package, and price it from there. You'll need a mount for it anyway.

The other option is to keep looking. Now that the 2MOA Aimpoint Micros are coming out, tons of folks are looking at their 3.4MOA models that have used less than half of the first battery like a dried up prostitute. Great deals can be had, just takes some lurking.

samuse
02-29-12, 21:58

I keep waiting for this. I really prefer the 4 or whatever MOA dot the T-1 has over the 2MOA.

Funkenstein
02-29-12, 22:01
He has been a member for a few years and owns "Outdoor Tactical". Has anyone dealt with him?

I wouldn't trust that at all. Dot send someone $500 unless they're a known member with a good rating. Make sure your also familer with PayPal procedures. Don't send anyone a check or money order either.
Just saying.

chasetopher
02-29-12, 22:12
Depending on your local dealer's willingness to work with you, RSRgroup(pretty large distributor) has the T-1 w/ LRP mount on special still. I got mine a month ago and it looks like they are still running the special.

Worth checking at least.

Or just order from gandrtactical and take full advantage of the known quality cust service...

Jaysop
02-29-12, 22:16
He has been a member for a few years and owns "Outdoor Tactical". Has anyone dealt with him?

I'm just talking in general. Idk him particularly. If the price is good and it's still there then I would have to think something isn't right. Good deals last 5 min on the EE. Literally sometimes.

JSantoro
02-29-12, 22:23
Moved to Optics.

And is that the only difference between the T-1 and H-1? Both have 5yr battery life etc.?

T1 = NVG capability and greater immersion resistance (about 150', if I remember correctly)

H1 = no NVG settings and about 15' immersion resistance,

With the T1, you pay more to be able to utilize the reticle under NODs, and to dive to or past about the depth of an Olympic swimming pool for an extended period of time.

Funkenstein
02-29-12, 22:32
Thanks for the clarification.

Moved to Optics.

T1 = NVG capability and greater immersion resistance (about 150', if I remember correctly)

With the T1, you pay more to be able to utilize the reticle under NODs, and to dive to or past about the depth of an Olympic swimming pool for an extended period of time.

carl15
03-02-12, 01:00
Sent PM

Alaskapopo
03-02-12, 01:54
Moved to Optics.

I was told that the T1 just has a coating to protect night vision devices from the light projected rearward. I was told they are otherwise built the same with the same intensity settings on the knob. As for the immersion resistance the T1 is warrantied to a greater depth but they are made the same as the H1. Meaning if you take an H1 that low and it breaks you are SOL where with the T1 you will get a replacement.
Pat

Javelin
03-02-12, 02:15
I was told that the T1 just has a coating to protect night vision devices from the light projected rearward. I was told they are otherwise built the same with the same intensity settings on the knob. As for the immersion resistance the T1 is warrantied to a greater depth but they are made the same as the H1. Meaning if you take an H1 that low and it breaks you are SOL where with the T1 you will get a replacement.
Pat

Damn. There goes my dreams of shooting rabid sharks with my CQB. :(

Alaskapopo
03-02-12, 02:33

Yep. The H1 is great for 99.9% of us. But the T1 has dropped a lot in price since the new 2 moa versions are out. I just picked one up used with a DD mount for $500 shipped. That is less than I could get a H1 for new.
pat

Javelin
03-02-12, 02:36
Yep. The H1 is great for 99.9% of us. But the T1 has dropped a lot in price since the new 2 moa versions are out. I just picked one up used with a DD mount for $500 shipped. That is less than I could get a H1 for new.
pat

I have been looking at them on Botach.... not a DD mount but a T1 w/ some generic QD mount. Might need to grab one.

But it is BotachTactical so you never know what you are going to get :suicide:

Alaskapopo
03-02-12, 02:42
I have been looking at them on Botach.... not a DD mount but a T1 w/ some generic QD mount. Might need to grab one.

But it is BotachTactical so you never know what you are going to get :suicide:

I will have to say Botach has gotten much better. I think they got new management a while back. Last time I ordered a magnifier from them for $299 with the twist mount and it arrived in 5 days. I was very happy.
Pat

Alaskapopo
03-02-12, 02:48

Someone has a good deal on a T1 with a Larue mount in the classifieds I sent you the link.
Pat

Funkenstein
03-02-12, 08:13
Someone has a good deal on a T1 with a Larue mount in the classifieds I sent you the link.
Pat

No link for the Funk, though. :cray:

Alaskapopo
03-02-12, 13:27
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100511

not my add

Funkenstein
03-02-12, 14:02
Thanks, I found it last night. I was just being silly. :jester:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100511

not my add

Alaskapopo
03-02-12, 14:07
Thanks, I found it last night. I was just being silly. :jester:

No worries just seemed like a great price.
Pat

Funkenstein
03-02-12, 14:16
No worries just seemed like a great price.
Pat

Yes I want to buy it, just waiting on a response.

Bonez556
03-05-12, 21:09
Aimpoint T-1 in a Larue Mount with 2moa dot. Probably the best aimpoint setup.

http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-micro-t-1-2moam4-qd-mount-combo

Tennesseevolz
03-31-12, 15:56
I recently switched from a Comp M3 to a T-1- the m3 was 2 Mao, and my t-1 is 4 Moa- I can't tell much difference in the results, but the t-1 is so much smaller and sleeker- I love it-