PDA

View Full Version : Article II - Gunworld range, Lombard

TeamGrazzi
03-01-12, 08:58
I "found" a new range in the Chicago area that is spot on! Nickdrak told me about Article II (gunworld range) and I went there the other day. Let me just say WOW... The people there were really nice and respectful not your typical LGS asshats. They also allow Military and LEOs to fire on the range for FREE, yes you read that correctly FREE!!! When I inquried about what calibers you can shoot there they responded "anything you can legally own".

It is only goes out to 25m but an indoor range you can shoot anything you want, I will deal with the shorter distance :dance3:

They also do IDPA practices.
http://www.exceltraininggroup.com/tuesdayA2.htm

chitownpig
03-02-12, 04:08
I used to shoot at their old range in Bensonville when I was just starting out. Took a intro class with one of the fine gents that work there and they have always been classy helpful people. Haven't made it out to the new location yet but I'm hoping to change that next week.

ZoomByU
03-02-12, 06:04
Leo and mil do not shoot for free it's $15 range fee instead of $20. I shot there with a friend last month, from there but leo in TX now. The range was good but I wanted to look at a 1911 afterwards and the guy wouldn't let me. I have a foid that is expired and he said I couldn't hold it bc I don't have a foid. I asked if he wanted to see my badge he said no you can't hold it.

Chance B.
03-02-12, 08:04
The range was good but I wanted to look at a 1911 afterwards and the guy wouldn't let me. I have a foid that is expired and he said I couldn't hold it bc I don't have a foid. I asked if he wanted to see my badge he said no you can't hold it.

Blame that on our stupid state laws and not them. It's all just part of the joy of living in the great People's Republic of Illinois...

signal4l
03-02-12, 08:26
It is a nice indoor range. Their gun prices are a bit high. Avoid the place on weekends. You cant even find a place to park.