PDA

View Full Version : Uggghhh. Whoops.

flapstick1
03-01-12, 09:47
Question:

After sending in my Form 1, I realize (also after reading the advice in the stickys above which i should have done) I forgot to include my certification of compliance sheet. What happens next?

They cashed the check so it is in the queue.

Will they kick the whole thing back and I have to redo it?

Will they contact me and say your forgot this and then I send it to them?

Just wondering. Thanks.

Cincinnatus
03-01-12, 10:13
When it finally gets reviewed it will be delayed and they'll send it back to you. If I were you, I would send the Cert of Compliance to them now along with a cover letter explaining things, and the serial # of the weapon it is intended for.

capbyrd
03-01-12, 10:39
When it finally gets reviewed it will be delayed and they'll send it back to you. If I were you, I would send the Cert of Compliance to them now along with a cover letter explaining things, and the serial # of the weapon it is intended for.

^ This! Do this!

Iraqgunz
03-01-12, 10:50
The smart person would determine who the examiner is (it is broke down by state and posted) and then send a completed Certificate of Compliance to NFA branch, attn to them now.

All you need to do is provide them your name and the make/model and serial number. Should be really simple.

flapstick1
03-01-12, 13:09
Thanks, I'm on it.

Jmacken37
03-04-12, 03:45
I'd actually call the NFA branch and ask if you can speak with the examiner who is reviewing the form. You can then ask them if you can fax or scan/email the form in to them. Be pleasant and appologetic and this may put you on their radar and save you from getting a further delay.

Jake

silentmark
03-04-12, 11:41
Typically once they review the paperwork and see it is missing they will contact you and have you send in what is needed. When they receive the missing paperwork they take care of your form 1 right away. If it was me, I would wait till it goes pending, call the ATF and find out who your examiner is, then speak to them and see how they want you to handle it.

Iraqgunz
03-04-12, 14:19
There is no need to wait for someone to contact you and in fact I can almost guarantee it will slow the process. If you know you forgot it, simply send it in to your examiner and include a note.

flapstick1
03-04-12, 20:24
There is no need to wait for someone to contact you and in fact I can almost guarantee it will slow the process. If you know you forgot it, simply send it in to your examiner and include a note.

I did this. I will let everyone know what happens. Thanks for the help IG.

Hmac
03-04-12, 21:26
I had a problem with a Form 1 a couple of years ago...misplaced signature by the "designated" CLEO. The examiner (Dana Pickles) sent the form back to me for correction. I called him on the phone and he gave me specific guidance how to get it back to his attention promptly. I had the stamped form in hand two weeks later.

I would call NFA Branch. They'll want the serial number of the lower you're registering. The clerk will be able to tell you who the examiner is and you can call him or her and ask for guidance on getting the form to him/her promptly. Might not delay you at all. If it brings your form to the top of the pile, might even speed things up....:cool: