PDA

View Full Version : Forbes: 4 out of the 5 best performing cities are in TX.

Belmont31R
03-01-12, 20:12
Good to hear...:p

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddk45edeml/americas-25-best-performing-cities-2/#gallerycontent

austinN4
03-01-12, 22:08
Not surprising, at least to those of us who live here.

From link: "The Milken Institute's Best-Performing Cities index measures U.S. metropolitan areas based on growth in jobs, wages and salaries, and technology output. It weighs those factors over a five-year span, to account for varying business cycles, and the latest year’s performance, and then adds 12-month job growth performance to account for recent momentum. The 2011 list has a decidedly Texas flavor, with the state putting nine cities in the top 25 and taking the overall number one spot with San Antonio."

glocktogo
03-01-12, 23:14
but, but, Texas is a red state! How could they possibly compete with the likes of New York or California! :rolleyes:

ForTehNguyen
03-02-12, 06:30
1. San Antonio, TX
2. El Paso, TX
4. Austin-Round Rock, TX
5. Kileen-Temple-Fort Hood, TX
16. Houston-Sugarland-Baytown, TX
18. McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX
20. Dallas-Plano-Irving, TX
24. Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
25. Lubbock, TX

Texas holds over 1/3 of the list

jwfuhrman
03-02-12, 07:35
I'm waiting for Texas to decide it no longer needs to be a part of the US...... That happens I'm becoming a Republic of Texas citizen.

thopkins22
03-02-12, 09:45
I'm waiting for Texas to decide it no longer needs to be a part of the US...... That happens I'm becoming a Republic of Texas citizen.

That's the old joke. If Texas secedes we'd finally build a border fence...the rub is that we'd have to build it on the northern border. :p

jwfuhrman
03-02-12, 09:51
Damn right you would. I wanna move to Texas anyways, I love farming, and would love to have a small ranch in Texas.

Don't get me wrong, I love Indiana, but it's not Texas.

I foresee if Texas leaves, Arizaon will be right behind you, and wanting to be a part of Texas. All you gotta do is get the ball rolling and the Fed will be left with just the blue states.....

Jer
03-02-12, 11:51
I live in #3 Fort Collins-Loveland and I've been looking for a job for years. :(