PDA

View Full Version : S/A BCG with an H Buffer.

Beat Trash
03-02-12, 16:36
I have a Colt 6920 I bought after the AWB died. This gun came with a S/A BCG and an H buffer. The gun doesn't have the plastic block installed in the lower to prevent a F/A BCG from being installed.

The gun functions well. I've never had an issue with it. But then I've never ran it hard.

My agency is permitting privately owned patrol rifles, and I plan on qualifying with and using this gun while at work.

Would you recommend getting a F/A BCG and putting it in? Does it make a difference as far as ensuring reliability?

Or am I over thinking this?

EzGoingKev
03-02-12, 17:39
My two cents - if it is a shrouded carrier and the rifle goes click, boom every time it is supposed to then just keep shooting it.

If it doesn't have the shrouded carrier then I would replace it and sell it off.

BufordTJustice
03-02-12, 17:42
I have a Colt 6920 I bought after the AWB died. This gun came with a S/A BCG and an H buffer. The gun doesn't have the plastic block installed in the lower to prevent a F/A BCG from being installed.

The gun functions well. I've never had an issue with it. But then I've never ran it hard.

My agency is permitting privately owned patrol rifles, and I plan on qualifying with and using this gun while at work.

Would you recommend getting a F/A BCG and putting it in? Does it make a difference as far as ensuring reliability?

Or am I over thinking this?

If it is a Colt BCG, I would leave it alone.

The ONLY reason to upgrade to an FA BCG, aside from FA functionality, is to add weight to the reciprocating mass of the system.

I would say that your monies would be better spent on a quality H2 buffer, like one from G&R.

New Colt M4's ship to the military with H2s....it will help smooth the recoil impulse on your 6920 as well.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=GRT-HB&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dbuffer%26searchstart%3D9%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html

It would be $25 well spent, IMHO.