PDA

View Full Version : Samson Mfg. has failed me

Dirge
03-02-12, 19:29
Just had a bad experience with Samson Mfg.

Early on the 29th I went to Samson's site to check out their 12.37" Evolution handguard and new handstop. As it was late at night, I had no way of calling them to check and make sure if they had them in stock, and their site has no indicator that their items were in or out of stock. I took a chance and placed the order thinking that I would get an email notification from them, as most sites I order from tend to do. Two days pass and no notification of any kind aside from the order confirmation, so I send them an email asking if they had the rail and handstop in stock. No response. I checked my bank account online and discovered that the order's amount had been taken out.

Earlier today, I called them to check on the status of my order. It turns out that Samson is backordered for at least a week. Feeling uncomfortable about this ordeal, I asked if I could cancel the order and get my money refunded. I was told that I could cancel the order, but they didn't have my money. So now I have no Evolution rail and handstop on the way AND I'm out $240+ until I can straighten this mess out with my bank on Monday. I'm also stuck with an upper receiver without a handguard.

I know I should have waited and contacted them by phone to double-check their inventory. But seeing as how Samson has an online store for people to order directly from them, they have no excuse for not having some kind of inventory inquiry system implemented to avoid situations like these. Also, what kind of legitimate business takes money out of your account for items that aren't in stock? ADCO and G&R would never do that, and it's literally impossible with SKD because of their awesome inventory system.

Bad form, Samson. Bad form.

Hmac
03-02-12, 19:32
Why can't you have your credit card company issue a chargeback?

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-02-12, 19:35
I would not say you got screwed you can wait a week. It did not work out perfect but a week whats a week.

Eurodriver
03-02-12, 19:38
I would not say you got screwed you can wait a week. It did not work out perfect but a week whats a week.

Thats what I'm saying.

A week?

Anyone remember ordering stuff out of catalogs in the '90s? Ordering something then was like submitting a Form 1 to the BATF today.

Dirge
03-02-12, 19:44
A week isn't a big deal, but the fact that they never sent an email notifying me of their inventory, their lack of a reply, and taking the money out of my card knowing they were backordered set off alarms in my head.

I know canceling the order sounds like a kneejerk reaction, and I admit it was, but was it entirely out of the realm of reason?

R0CKETMAN
03-02-12, 19:58
Shit happens and this is a very minor issue. A week delay is not worth all the drama.

Keep the order in place and be patient.

YWHIC
03-02-12, 19:59
Troy did that to me this week also..

I ordered on 2/24.. then I called on 2/29 and they said its shipping..

I called on 3/1 and the girl said no.. no inventory till end of March... :mad:

I cancelled that particualr rail and had them send my a VTAC version the same length.. 15"

Alot of places are jerking people.. Del-Ton did that with a $130 order this week also with me.. I switched to Ranier and they shipped same day like 4 hours after I ordered I had tracking info. :D it was $12 more, but worth it..

a simple email would save both parties grief.. IMHO..

careboy
03-02-12, 21:24
Shit happens and this is a very minor issue. A week delay is not worth all the drama.
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/22.gif
http://www.canadablackberry.com/imgs/images/2.tod.gif

Hot Holster
03-03-12, 07:02
Some online businesses are set up to charge and process the credit cards immediately upon order without having any means to check in stock or out of stock. The following day or the day after, when employees begin to assemble the order, that's when it's determined whether the item is in stock or not.

It doesn't excuse the company from not replying to your inquiry though.

chadil1ac
03-03-12, 07:41
That would have perturbed me too. I usually deal with great companies that have awesome CS, so if I ordered from a company that did that to me, I would have been upset. Get with it Samson.

Voodoochild
03-03-12, 10:53
Please read the rules of the forum. You ordered after hours did you expect them to call you right away and tell you it would be a week wait? Call your cc company and have them cancel the charge.