PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys do in this situation?

RelliK
03-03-12, 13:03
Been combing the forums for a few days now looking through all the knowledge posted and have learned lots, I just need some encouragement to pull the trigger on a first time buyer AR. Of these two both are close in price and reputation, which would you go for ? LMT SPM16 or BCM MID-16 Mod 0?

MidwestRookie
03-03-12, 13:07
Flip a coin or pick which looks better to you. You win either way..

PalmettoPrecision
03-03-12, 13:08
Both.

NWPilgrim
03-03-12, 13:11
Sorry can't help you decide but I can assure you both are excellent. I have the same uppers (not complete BCM or LMT rifles) and both are very good. You won't go wrong with either. Some variation in handquard, pistol grip, gas system that it comes down to personal preference. I like the longer handguard of the middy and that was the main reason I bought a BCM upper instead of yet another LMT 16".

maddawg5777
03-03-12, 13:20
either would be a great choice, its really up to you. Pick which ever one gives you a warm fuzzy.

Beat Trash
03-03-12, 13:42
I think you're at the point where price and availability would be the deciding factor. Both are good choices.

Konan13
03-03-12, 13:50
Have you fired either weapon yet? I don't know if there is a place where you can do something like that around your area but its worth a look into if they have them.

Kokopelli
03-03-12, 13:56
Either of those would be dandy.. Lately, availability would probably be the greatest concern.. I was recently looking for a Bravo Company A4 and none were to be had.. I ended up with a Colt MT6700.. Even Colt's availability is becoming spotty.. Ron

GeorgiaBoy
03-03-12, 13:59
Find your nearest flip-able object.

Designate a side for each.

Flip the object.

Whichever side is lands on, get it.

Simple as that. ;)

RelliK
03-03-12, 14:03
Availability is a concern on on just about any affordable ar i have looked into . Why the lack of guns?Doomsday or suppossed improving economy to be blamed?

Kokopelli
03-03-12, 14:09
Availability is a concern on on just about any affordable ar i have looked into . Why the lack of guns?Doomsday or suppossed improving economy to be blamed?

From a thread on 1911.com

It's really "all the above".. More people worried about protection, more people worried that they may not be able to buy a gun/ammo later, more people shooting in general, more people in general, people remembering searching for 45ACP a couple years ago, people seeing a 20% price jumps in some ammo and people seeing everything "out of stock" or on backorder. Add the SHTF and apocalypse people and you have a shortage.. As we have today.. JMO.. Ron

PS: When I had my LGS check on the MT6700, he called me back and said "they have one left and no firm resupply dates"..

Dachs
03-03-12, 14:16
I think you're at the point where price and availability would be the deciding factor. Both are good choices.

+1 on this.

I think right now it will come down to these factors. You might not be able to find one or the other locally or you might get one for a great price.

HaydenB
03-03-12, 14:21
I would go with the BCM just because my arm feels very cramped with a 7" hand guard. YMMV.

bsmith_shoot
03-03-12, 14:36
My weapon is BCM, and I trust it to protect my family, with that being said, I cant wait to get a LMT. They are BOTH the best you can get. Good luck with that decision man, its a tough one.
Brandon

Huldra128
03-03-12, 14:55
Buy an LMT lower and put a BCM upper on it or vice versa! I love my LMTs and I love my BCM that I put together. Either way they are great guns!

mcrazor1
03-03-12, 14:59
Just buy both

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JW1069
03-03-12, 15:14
I put 1000's of rounds through my LMT's and BCM middies and don't have a bad thing to say about either one. Personal preference for the BCM middy if you're not buying both.

J_Dub_503
03-03-12, 15:28
I doubt you'll ever be mounting a M203 grenade launcher to your AR so I"d say go with the BCM. It has a longer sight plane and a softer recoil impulse due to the longer gas tube (by 2"s.) Here's (http://www.03designgroup.com/technotes/carbine-vs-mid-length-gas-system) a good article on Carbine vs. Mid-Length Gas System on a 16" Barrel by 03designgroup.

Other benefits are
1. BCM Gunfighter Mod4 CH
2. Magpul MOE Enhanced Trigger Guard
3. Magpul MOE handguard

eo500
03-03-12, 15:32
I have a BCM and love it. My friend has an LMT and he loves it too. They are both great weapons, but at least on my friend's LMT, PMAGS don't always fall free. He prefers the GI mags anyways so it really isn't an issue for him but it could be an issue if you already have a ton of PMAGS. This could be that he just got one with a slightly tighter magwell, or it could be all LMT's but if you are looking at it in a shop I'd want to check it before purchasing. Good luck and congrats on saving all the money most first-timers waste on crappy AR's.

Wa22ioR
03-03-12, 16:10
Good luck and congrats on saving all the money most first-timers waste on crappy AR's.

+1 Good choice either way. Personally, I would choose the BCM.

rapomstage3
03-04-12, 06:46
I have to respectively vote for the Bcm due to the longer gas system. In a perfect world i would get the Lmt lower and Bcm upper. Or find an lmt mid gas model if they make one.

silentmark
03-04-12, 11:11
I'm a big fan of LMT myself, however BCM makes solid kit as well. Either way you have a quality ar15 to have fun with.

3 AE
03-04-12, 13:19
If you go to GandR Tactical's website, you can price out a BCM 16" Mid-Length upper receiver group, a BCM bolt carrier group, a BCM Mod 4 charging handle, Magpul MOE mid-length hand guard, a BCM lower receiver group (Blemished) w/ M-4 Collapsible Buttstock for $903.00 plus $15.00 shipping. That's pretty hard to beat! Plus everything is in stock.

duece71
03-04-12, 13:34
Here ya go, some solid advise.....
Just get both of them and send me the one you don't shoot. Thanks, you be da man......:dance3::cool:

JackFanToM
03-04-12, 13:51
+for BCM & G&R Tactical

alexander_m_wilson
03-04-12, 14:53
Go BCM. I've been lucky enough to go through most of the AR's out there, but not the LMT's, so I cant speak too intelligently about them, but the Bravo's seem to be the best all around AR out there that I've ever used. BCM RECCE-16, and I love it.

LoneWolfRonin
03-10-12, 11:47
Dont overlook Daniel Defense M4 midlength setups. They can be had for around $1000 online.

M1AG30
03-10-12, 12:37
If you go to GandR Tactical's website, you can price out a BCM 16" Mid-Length upper receiver group, a BCM bolt carrier group, a BCM Mod 4 charging handle, Magpul MOE mid-length hand guard, a BCM lower receiver group (Blemished) w/ M-4 Collapsible Buttstock for $903.00 plus $15.00 shipping. That's pretty hard to beat! Plus everything is in stock.

he's got a good point and that really is a great price .... my next one will be BCM!

pira114
03-10-12, 13:03

This. Not only am I a shameless BCM fan, I've become a shameless G&R Tactical fan too. You won't be sorry if you go this route.