PDA

View Full Version : Person Security Systems Customer Service and Review

CaptainDooley
03-03-12, 13:54
Anyone that personally knows me and knows I carry could testify that when I first started carrying it seemed as if I was always waiting on a holster. That all changed nearly 18 months ago - I finally figured out how I liked to carry and found a holster that both fit my needs and seemed rugged enough to stand up to me being me. Since then I've carried in a Personal Security Systems holster (psholsters.com). Then, just 10 short days ago, when I was drawing my gun from it's holster at bed time I noticed my firearm drew way too easily. I popped into the other room where I could turn on a light and took the holster off for inspection and found this:

http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/10.jpg
http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/11.jpg

The holster had cracked just behind the rivets on the leading/front edge of the holster on both sides.

The first thing I did was to look up psholsters.com and see if there was any kind of warranty - not really expecting much since I had bought the holster over a year ago. Fortunately for me they offer a lifetime warranty, so I shot off an email to the listed email address. After a couple of days, I hadn't heard back, so I checked their facebook and realized that they were severely understaffed due to a bout of the flu in their area. So, I then looked up the owner, Steve Stamper, here on M4C and fired off a private message. Steve was gracious and courteous (though a little disbelieving as I am apparently their first broken holster). I was able to make contact this past Sunday and here I sit on Saturday with a new holster.

Steve gave me the opportunity to change up anything I wasn't happy with in the original holster - but I had no issues with the fit or cut and I'm a pretty boring guy when it comes to color scheme - all I want is coyote so when I wear it OWB, it matches my khakis / dockers / tacticool pants in case it ends up showing a little at the bottom.

While I was on their site, I noticed their Ultimate IWB package. Since I was also in need of new hardware (the previous holster had taken two unexpected dips in the ocean when I had to jump in after something / someone and between that and locktite, the hardware was never coming off the old holster) so I placed an order for that - figuring with the understaffing it would arrive a couple of weeks overdue and after the holster. Steve knocked it out and included it with my warranty replacement.

Not only did Steve get this out to me quickly, there have been quite a few improvements to the design and cut / fit since I ordered my holster. The holster is wider and in just the couple hours I've worn it already I can tell you that it is vastly more comfortable (not that the previous one was uncomfortable - but this just rides better and doesn't bite into my hip when I sit like the other one occasionally did). It also seems to ride lower, which could just be the change in belt attachments, but this also seems to suit me better. The hardware has also improved - the female ends of the Chicago / sex screws are slotted, meaning doofuses like me who jump in the ocean with their gear on (or smarties who lock tite 'em) have a chance to actually hold the female end in place while removing the male end.

In addition to this, Steve let me know that the IWB package I was getting was a pre-release sample of a new material they are going to be using. It is thin and lightweight. It is very flexible and according to Steve very hardy. It is also able to mold to the wearer's shape, aiding in comfort. All I know is that after a day, I'm sold. The holster rode lightly and stayed with me, instead of fighting my movement. It flexed when I did so that the gun rode in the same place on my body at all times without limiting movement. I'm sure Steve can chime in with additional details on the new material.

On top of that, Steve decided to take some creative license and make my holster a coyote / dark brown two-tone instead of the coyote / black my previous holster had been. It's apparently an upcoming "limited edition" color scheme and it looks great. I'm not usually over concerned about looks since there's no open carry in Texas - but given a choice, this is what I'd order, it looks good.

Any way, enough yammering. Here's some pics of the holster, the Ultimate IWB attachment and the two holsters together. Thanks Steve - you've got a customer for life!

http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/01.jpg
http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/02.jpg
http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/03.jpg
http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/04.jpg
http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/05.jpg
http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/06.jpg
http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/07.jpg
http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/08.jpg
http://kevindooley.net/images/New%20Holster/09.jpg

Aries4570
03-04-12, 17:22
That is a really nice setup! Not to long ago I managed to break one of my kydex belt clips that came with my PSS holster but everything else has held up great. I changed them to the soft loops that came with it and carry everyday.

I'm going to check that ultimate carry system out.

SteveL
03-04-12, 18:13
I have a PSS holster and mag carrier. Steve is good people and I've had nothing but stellar experiences with him and his customer service.

Sam
03-04-12, 18:19
Good review. Sounds like they have the customer service part down right. After reading 34 pages of complaints against a small one man operated kydex holster maker, it is refreshing to see there are companies out there that have their heads screwed on right.

CQC.45
03-05-12, 21:12
I can personally vouch for the owner (Steve). He's a great dude and will go out of his way to ensure his customers are taken care of.

trinydex
03-07-12, 21:25
I can personally vouch for the owner (Steve). He's a great dude and will go out of his way to ensure his customers are taken care of.

pretty crazy how he's able to pull it off and do all the work he has to do.

big b
03-07-12, 23:24
Good looking holsters. It's nice to hear a customer service story like this.

thekersh86
03-15-12, 09:31
I've been having a helluva time trying to get in touch with them through email. That sucks that the flu is running it's course through their work force. Prior to this they have always been quick, easy and friendly to deal with. I tried to PM Steve on this site, but his inbox is full. Steve, if you see this, I'd really like to get in touch with you guys so we can work some stuff out.

And hearing about that warranty service really reenforces my decision to purchase from them. Thanks for the good report OP!

Failure2Stop
03-15-12, 12:26
PSS took care of me when I really needed it after another company let me down. Beside that, their products are second to none.
Before anyone casts an upturned brow at me: stuff breaks, especially plastic stuff, and no company or product is exempt from the laws of Murphy. If you build it, there is a guy out there that can and will break it. Guys like me and my buddies are frequently "that guy".

CaptainDooley
03-15-12, 12:28
PSS took care of me when I really needed it after another company let me down. Beside that, their products are second to none.
Before anyone casts an upturned brow at me: stuff breaks, especially plastic stuff, and no company or product is exempt from the laws of Murphy. If you build it, there is a guy out there that can and will break it. Guys like me and my buddies are frequently "that guy".

Yeah, my wife has just started to budget for certain things in my life as "expendables" that most people would buy once and use for a lifetime...

Failure2Stop
03-15-12, 12:33
Yeah, my wife has just started to budget for certain things in my life as "expendables" that most people would buy once and use for a lifetime...

For most of us jarheads, "wives" are on that list :p

Steve S.
03-15-12, 16:10
I've been having a helluva time trying to get in touch with them through email. That sucks that the flu is running it's course through their work force. Prior to this they have always been quick, easy and friendly to deal with. I tried to PM Steve on this site, but his inbox is full. Steve, if you see this, I'd really like to get in touch with you guys so we can work some stuff out.

And hearing about that warranty service really reenforces my decision to purchase from them. Thanks for the good report OP!

Room cleared, dude. Sorry about that - fills up fast.

I'm a couple of days behind on the emails sent to my email address (other addresses should be good though). Had to skate over to the West side of the state for a few days. Didnt bother bringing the laptop, since I had my smartphone - but also didn't bother to bring the charger for it (inadvertently).

Got to meet some people from the forum while I was out there though. Bad mofos, but real good people. I felt right at home.

kirby25
03-15-12, 23:09
been trying to get ahold of you as well steve, sent you a few emails and a pm on here

Steve S.
03-16-12, 13:52
I've followed this thread for awhile now, but wanted to give it some time and see where it went.

I recently posted that we would start seeing a lot of Kydex holsters breaking with time. With the above broken holster - I wasn't being hypocritical - I know what WE did wrong early on. There's been a lot of advancements since.

A lot of good people posting in here vouching for us. I appreciate the feedback.

I know it seems like I've been stagnant on here, our facebook isn't as active recently, and there have been some delays in our usual early shipments. But I can assure you there's been some neat stuff going on behind the scenes. Small incremental improvements are showing up in people's mailboxes.

One example is the above use of the flexible wing attachment. I'm sure the Captain can vouch (or anyone else who has tried them) but these things aren't breaking. The material used is nearly indestructible through normal wear - and will contour to the body. It's also incredibly thin. The wide footprint with this IWB package makes this an extremely comfortable rig. We've had overwhelmingly positive feedback on the new material - and it is starting to ship where applicable. No extra charge, no notice, etc. - we just substitute it over kydex where there is an advantage.

Another item is the screw posts. These are generally not shipping yet - hence being "in the white" above. I don't want a half - ass hardware change. We are taking our time to ensure a solid source of hardware, built to our specs, and coated with the most durable coating available. The particular silver screw posts above were extras from some contract work - that I thought the Captain would appreciate given his purpose of use.

But just to update - we are working hard. We aren't a huge shop, so sometimes small problems turn into big problems. But we are dedicated to making the best possible Kydex gear available, and in return we've gotten attention from some great folks. To help advancing, there will be some unannounced changes in the very near future.

And as always, if something new comes out - and you think it's better then what you currently have - we can swap it out. I try and make it so that you don't buy a piece of gear from us, you buy a promise that it will be top notch kit and last longer then you will. There are only a couple other Kydex companies that I feel have the same passion for what they do - and I respect them greatly for that. Especially since 95% of shooters will never notice the details or reasons that make them truly great pieces of work.

Shoot me a PM, email me, whatever you'd like. I may need to get someone to start handling some of my emails at some point though - because it can be overwhelming - and hard to be in two places at once.

Thanks again, friends. Some really good dudes posted in this thread - a few I have come to know in the real and truly respect.

It ain't easy bein' greasy.... :D

CaptainDooley
03-18-12, 22:25
Just to update - the new, thinner attachments on the wings have been amazing - they do contour and it is the most comfortable IWB rig I've worn, kydex or leather.

The new hardware is great - I have to change the way my holster mounts whenever I wear my kilt, so having a system that is solid and yet able to be removed/changed is exactly what the doctor ordered. Being "in the white would bother me if I ever saw it... though I'll make sure I stay out of the drink with the holster on...

Thanks again Steve for the great service!

Steve S.
03-19-12, 15:46
Just to update - the new, thinner attachments on the wings have been amazing - they do contour and it is the most comfortable IWB rig I've worn, kydex or leather.

The new hardware is great - I have to change the way my holster mounts whenever I wear my kilt, so having a system that is solid and yet able to be removed/changed is exactly what the doctor ordered. Being "in the white would bother me if I ever saw it... though I'll make sure I stay out of the drink with the holster on...

Thanks again Steve for the great service!

Thanks, Cap'n! I really don't like commenting too much on kydex work - our own or others - since it can be misconstrued (especially on the Internet where tone is hard to tell) - but as someone who has concealed carried for years - I love that attachment. I'll put some pics below of how I carried it - though it is an older prototype that has changed a bit since.

It does make a very wide footprint. There is no denying that. However being a POTK (plastic other then kydex) and being flexible - it is more forgiving on body type. One prototype went to an older gentlemen in his 50s who wears about a 40" waist, one to a fresh CCW who is about a 28" waist and barely of drinking age, and one to someone in their mid 20s with an athletic build. Then we have a few out to individuals who fall in-between. It's became the go-to IWB attachment for all testers since then aside from one experienced shooter - who felt the footprint was too large. We considered this in designing it, and made many different dimensions. However, given most dont carry much on strong side - especially while carrying IWB - we felt it offered too many Pros to shrink the size. Plus, since it is an IWB rig, the belt over the holster is still accessible. You could clip a cell phone or even an OWB holster over it if one wanted too - since the soft loops only take up about 1.5" of true real estate on the belt.

As mentioned, the female posts are a bit different then what we will end up switching to. It's another few weeks before the change is fully implemented. They will be oxidized Black as well.

I wouldn't sweat swimming or anything else with the hardware though. Even though it's "in the white" - it's still 18-8 stainless steel. This is a very strong, extremely rust resistant, and expensive stainless steel. Really, the black finish will be applied mainly for aesthetic reasons.

We've been working on these things for a long time, and taking our time not to rush anything. From picking out the proper plastic seen above, to hunting down the best posts and washers, to finding a shop able to coat 18-8 stainless steel (extremely difficult to do), to some other things going on behind the scenes - its been a long time in the works. Nothing ground breaking really, just trying to refine our stuff as much as possible and make the entire experience much better for customers.

I'll end the ramble. You're a saint if you read all that. Follow us on Facebook for the fastest information updates and giveaways - if you're interested in those kind of things.

Here's my rig that I ended up sending out for T&E about a month ago after wearing it a little over a month. Absolutely loved it. I didn't mind carrying IWB at all even though it was OWB season.

http://img.tapatalk.com/452fc624-9ac3-ed56.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/452fc624-9ada-40b1.jpg

VolGrad
03-21-12, 15:52
..... aside from one experienced shooter - who felt the footprint was too large.
I'll comment here since you are talking about me. :D

I generally wear my holster at 3 o'clock or slightly forward. I'm not a very big guy (waist between 32-34") so the forward strut gave me some issues in my strong side thigh.

The actual holster body is fantastic. The molding is probably the best you've done to date and that's saying a lot since I've been been with you almost since the beginning. The material is thin on the body and the struts are really thin and flexible.

Disclaimers though; I don't care for the Bladetech type soft loops like this. I have never found them favorable for me. That's just me though. I prefer the hard over-clips.

I think I would have liked one of the versions with the struts not quite as far out as I previously used Comp-Tac CTACs almost exclusively for IWB. Steve, you know this as we've discussed it in detail. I'm just sharing with the rest of the crowd.

In fact, I like this holster body so much I was planning to mount regular hard loops on it but ran into some hardware issues on my end (trying to swap to use some older hardware I had on hand that was longer in length). That didn't work out too well though. My loss.

CaptainDooley
03-21-12, 18:14
I think that's good, fair insight into the attachments. I originally had mine mounted in offset holes to add some additional cant to it and the forward wing dug into me like crazy. I realized that the cant wasn't helping me conceal any more than when it was flat and it was actually easier to draw without it, so I went back to evening them up. During that time I was thinking of taking the front wing off, and mounting the loop directly to the holster and just using the back wing. I may try that in the future if it's needed due to wardrobe or wanting to wear the gun somewhere else... we'll see.

It's funny, this is the first time I've used the soft loops like this and I like them way more than the hard over-clips I've used before.

I generally wear my holster at 3 o'clock or slightly forward. I'm not a very big guy (waist between 32-34") so the forward strut gave me some issues in my strong side thigh.

The actual holster body is fantastic. The molding is probably the best you've done to date and that's saying a lot since I've been been with you almost since the beginning. The material is thin on the body and the struts are really thin and flexible.

Disclaimers though; I don't care for the Bladetech type soft loops like this. I have never found them favorable for me. That's just me though. I prefer the hard over-clips.

I think I would have liked one of the versions with the struts not quite as far out as I previously used Comp-Tac CTACs almost exclusively for IWB. Steve, you know this as we've discussed it in detail. I'm just sharing with the rest of the crowd.

In fact, I like this holster body so much I was planning to mount regular hard loops on it but ran into some hardware issues on my end (trying to swap to use some older hardware I had on hand that was longer in length). That didn't work out too well though. My loss.

Sam
03-21-12, 20:54
Speaking of methods to attach a kydex IWB to the belt, there is an outfit in Arizona that make holsters that attached to the belt by wide "upside down U" shaped kydex clips. This method of belt attachment, place the holster lower in the pants with just the grip frame of the gun above the belt line for a full hand grip to draw the pistol. A few years ago a friend loaned me one of those holsters and I found it was very comfortable, secure, easy to put on and very low profile. I tried to call, email the maker to order one but the guy was impossible to reach. Since then I noticed that the huge mass production maker Desantis started making copies of that holster. They call theirs, the Scorpion. They almost got it right, but their copy used kydex that's too thick.

So why the rambling about some other holsters? It's basically about the belt attachment. Why don't we see more of this type of belt clips? It doesn't require "wings" and don't use rubber snap loops. Just an upside down U with a slight hook at the open end. I've drawn enough from the holster and worn it doing all kinds of chores to feel confident that the rig won't come out.

Dave L.
03-22-12, 07:35
... Beside that, their products are second to none....

Speaking of... I just got my hands on a new G17/X300 holster from PSS. By far the better than the previous three I have.

As far as breakage goes, I have talked to Steve many times about how I use my gear for work, expecting to break one. He understands the limits of his materials and designs. I would have no doubt that if I had a problem with his gear, he would take care of me.

You guys should all bother Steve about his double mag carrier :meeting:

Dave L.
03-22-12, 07:39
Got to meet some people from the forum while I was out there though. Bad mofos, but real good people. I felt right at home.

Next time we'll do some shooting and then drinking. Thanks again bro.

Steve S.
03-23-12, 22:42

Yea, it would have been extremely dishonest to say it's had universal acclaim - and i was sure to use the word "experienced". VolGrad has bought more Holsters out of his own pocket then anyone I know. Name a brand, he's probably owned it. So that's golden feedback.

We had 3 different widths on the wings originally, and decided based on local feedback to roll with the widest. A note here before I continue - you mention some digging into the thigh - this issue was somewhat addressed. Since I shipped you my sample, it was too early to see this change. If you compare my pics with Captain's pics, we angled the bottom of the wing to alleviate the digging. We've since done this a little more, and it really helps.

After talking to VolGrad, I think it may be worth offering several versions - similar to the BCM Gunfighter charging handle. That way there are the 3 prototype sizes to choose from. This essentially adds 3 products instead of 1 - and we already have a lot of holster support accessories - so we want to be sure there is an advantage to smaller wings first. It's easy to stretch yourself too thin as a small business.

As for the hardware - you know I like 0.060" kydex. But it requires shorter hardware. I know the holster has since moved on, but i can get you some proper height hardware to make it work if it comes back to you and you want to keep it.

Speaking of... I just got my hands on a new G17/X300 holster from PSS. By far the better than the previous three I have.

As far as breakage goes, I have talked to Steve many times about how I use my gear for work, expecting to break one. He understands the limits of his materials and designs. I would have no doubt that if I had a problem with his gear, he would take care of me.

You guys should all bother Steve about his double mag carrier :meeting:

Hah. I think our friend may have dibs on that design - if you catch my drift.

Next time we'll do some shooting and then drinking. Thanks again bro.

Didn't you say something about stealing cars and ****ing up the town as well? I'm game...

Steve S.
03-23-12, 22:45
Sam - I love Overhooks, dude. I'm like VolGrad - much prefer them to soft loops.

The only way we could make them work was by reinforcing the weak point. It also makes a nice aesthetic flare with the two tone color option.

http://img.tapatalk.com/452fc624-4340-f69a.jpg
* That kit is pushing a year old - so doesn't have the new style wing material.

Sam
03-24-12, 07:54
Sam - I love Overhooks, dude. I'm like VolGrad - much prefer them to soft loops.

Steve:

VolGrad is going to let me try out his holster with the overhooks. I'll let you know how it works for me.

My problem with the rubber loops is that it makes the holster sits so high above the belt line.

Matt O
03-24-12, 09:00

The only way we could make them work was by reinforcing the weak point. It also makes a nice aesthetic flare with the two tone color option.

http://img.tapatalk.com/452fc624-4340-f69a.jpg
* That kit is pushing a year old - so doesn't have the new style wing material.

Steve, your holsters have always looked like the very definition of quality and those overhooks look like a really solid set up. Not that I need another holster, but I think I definitely need to try that set up out.

Steve S.
03-24-12, 18:37
Steve:

VolGrad is going to let me try out his holster with the overhooks. I'll let you know how it works for me.

My problem with the rubber loops is that it makes the holster sits so high above the belt line.

Very cool. Vol has a lot of pre production stuff, so if anything fits weird - let me know. It's most likely been addressed already.

The high ride of soft loops are one of the big reasons I don't particularly care for them either. However, we take this into account with this package. If you look at the pic below, you can see it puts the top of the belt line about half way up the top eyelet. As I mentioned a couple posts back - we've since raised it just a bit more. This lines the top of the belt line up with the mouth of the holster. Basically covering the top eyelet completely (the same ride height as Overhooks).

http://img.tapatalk.com/452fc624-5a9b-6af8.jpg

This slight change helped alleviate any digging of the front strut, and also allowed the holster to ride lower.

There's also tons of ways to make the holster cant and ride by playing around with this package. Captain did a little of it in his pics - achieving a reverse cant.

Definitely keep me posted, dude. Vol pass along my email?

VolGrad
03-24-12, 19:14
I'll give SAM your e-mail to pass along feedback.

I have it boxed and labeled but my carrier beat me to the box today. The box also didn't fit in my mailbox so I'm going to drop it off at the PO Monday.

SAM you should get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Sam
03-24-12, 19:56
Definitely keep me posted, dude. Vol pass along my email?

He did, thanks.

curlyburns5
03-25-12, 02:09
My order is about three weeks late from the original eta. I ordered on 1/8 so it's been about ten weeks. I have emailed steve back and forth through this whole things with questions and he's always been quick, within a day or two, to reply to me. He's been honest and open about what is going on with the delay. My holster should be coming my direction this week. I'm pretting excited about it. I have a holster for a smith and weason m&p 45c, from EE here, and I can't speak highly enough of it. Well made, fits the gun like a glove, low profile. just works perfectly. Now if i could hunt down some more mags i would edc this holster. Steve has been great to deal with and I plan to order more from him in the future. From what I can tell, he's a stand up guy that strives to take care of his customers. With the SSW fiasco going on in another thread which i'm involved in, it is refreshing to have this kind of customer service from a company. As soon as i recieve my gear from him I will wear it for a while and post a short review of his work, some pics, and of the total exprerience with PSS.

Update: received shipping notification saturday evening. My email dumped it in spam for whatever reason. Steve, thanks for the help. Seriously man, you've been outstanding.

Aries4570
03-25-12, 22:21
Finally ordered some replacement over hooks after I saw they had added reinforcement to the area that broke on mine and I added the additional items for this new carry setup along with extra hardware. Can't wait to try the new stuff out.

I was a little concerned to discover my holster seems to have lost a little of it's retention. I was showing a co-worker my PSS holster and was surprised when the pistol almost slid out of the holster (It was empty and safety checked). I couldn't find any cracks or weak spots so I attribute it to the fact that I tried one of the TLR contour switches and it caused it to loosen a little.

VolGrad
03-26-12, 05:22
I was a little concerned to discover my holster seems to have lost a little of it's retention. I was showing a co-worker my PSS holster and was surprised when the pistol almost slid out of the holster (It was empty and safety checked). I couldn't find any cracks or weak spots so I attribute it to the fact that I tried one of the TLR contour switches and it caused it to loosen a little.
Interesting. Hit it with a hair dryer then squeeze it inward for a bit until it cools. I've tightened mag pouches like this using a plastic squeeze clamp.

Steve S.
03-26-12, 17:15
Curly - shoot me an email, dude. We aren't that far behind, to my knowledge. I'll make sure it's not hung up in any stage of production and get it out.

Aries - take advantage of the warranty, brother. We have a fast turnaround. If it broke, we will replace it. It's the reason the overclips in their original design are no longer offered.

Is the holster loose without the Streamlight switch? It's pretty big - so we alter the molds when someone notes they have one. It should fit regardless, but it's probably separating the kydex slightly from the extra material, and lifting the grab point. Picture adding material inside the slide lock recess on a pistol slide. Adding a small amount of material there would drastically alter the slide lock's ability to lock into place. You most likely have the same type of thing going on. Or even picture putting something in a plastic storage container that is slightly taller then the container. It would prevent the top from being able to snap into place. Hope that makes sense.

There's really no easy way to add retention to a light carrier. Well, there is. But you see too many examples of companies selling light carriers that don't click into place - so i don't want to give away that trade secret publicly. I also try and push people away from adjusting retention themselves. I'm sure anyone who has done it can vouch - a little heat can go a long way and ruin the holster if you're not careful.

If anyone ever has any issues with our stuff - let us know. If you don't feel like someone here besides me has handled something correctly - let me know. I don't think we've had anyone come away unhappy yet. This isn't to discourage complaints or feedback on public forums. I've always been open about things, never deleted comments here or on our Facebook, etc. I've had my comments on Facebook deleted before - and it's not cool. 1st amendment and all those cool things the Internet stands for comes to mind.

Steve.

Aries4570
03-26-12, 19:15
Interesting. Hit it with a hair dryer then squeeze it inward for a bit until it cools. I've tightened mag pouches like this using a plastic squeeze clamp.

Thanks for the tip. I've wondered if that would work.

Aries4570
03-26-12, 19:34
Aries - take advantage of the warranty, brother. We have a fast turnaround. If it broke, we will replace it. It's the reason the overclips in their original design are no longer offered.

Is the holster loose without the Streamlight switch? It's pretty big - so we alter the molds when someone notes they have one. It should fit regardless, but it's probably separating the kydex slightly from the extra material, and lifting the grab point. Picture adding material inside the slide lock recess on a pistol slide. Adding a small amount of material there would drastically alter the slide lock's ability to lock into place. You most likely have the same type of thing going on. Or even picture putting something in a plastic storage container that is slightly taller then the container. It would prevent the top from being able to snap into place. Hope that makes sense.

Steve.

Honestly, I never thought about it. I break shit all the time so I just took them off and thew them away. I still had the soft loops and was good to go (even though I don't like how high they sit).

Yeah, it's loose after I removed the switch. That switch is damn big, lol. The first time I put it in the holster, I noticed it was a tight fit. I tried a couple of draws and sent some rounds down range and realized that switch wasn't going to work for me. I figured it was a combination of having that switch on there and the amount of use the holster has seen that caused it to loosen.

Guys, I hope this wasn't seen as a complaint regarding the holster. It wasn't designed to be used with the switch. Kinda like using a knife to pry on something. I have no complaints about the holster or PSS at all (as the recent order shows, lol). Heck, I think using that switch might have contributed to the over hook breaking because I really had to YANK that pistol out once it was holstered.

SWATcop556
03-27-12, 09:34
Steve it's good to see you have a presence here and stand behind your product. It's nice to see shops that care about the CS after the money has been collected and the deal is done. Companies like that are a dying breed in this industry and your efforts are appreciated.

Steve S.
03-27-12, 11:25
Steve it's good to see you have a presence here and stand behind your product. It's nice to see shops that care about the CS after the money has been collected and the deal is done. Companies like that are a dying breed in this industry and your efforts are appreciated.

Thanks, brother. Your order is inching it's way through production. Some recent slow downs have us sidetracked from the other projects.

When the Ready Now stuff is back restocked, orders will go back to shipping early. Which is generally when we ship, but you will only read about when were behind. I believe there have only been 3 periods in which we fell behind in the last couple years (save an order here and there). That's 3 more then I'd prefer, but we always give some stuff with late orders to help wash away any bad taste left from the additional time.

Dave L.
03-27-12, 11:57
Thanks, brother. Your order is inching it's way through production....

Been there ;) but seriously, the PSS gear I have waited the longest for was actually the best fit and finish.

It was worth the wait, especially when the wait is still 1/2 the time of some other makers.

Steve, I'm still working on getting pics of that most recent piece you made me.

tuck
03-27-12, 13:31
I received my first PSS holster in the mail about a week ago. I'm not only impressed with the product, but the customer service Steve provides should be a model for all other companies to follow. It's truly top notch. I'll be a repeat customer for sure. :neo:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa215/tuckinauster/gun%20porn/c7a5a66b.jpg

thekersh86
03-28-12, 08:39
I'd like to chime in and say all the comments regarding customer service are spot on. My order with PSS had a little hiccup, and Steve went above and beyond in making it right. He went so far as offering to send me his own personal holster that was configured like the one I had ordered. It's really nice to see someone with that kind of dedication to their customers. Not only that, but Steve is a damn good guy who is a pleasure to deal with. Even though I would hate to see the wait time extend past what it is (because of my many future orders) I'm recommending his company to just about everyone I can!! You can't go wrong with PSS, and if it does, Steve will make it right

Sam
03-29-12, 19:38
Steve S. and all:

I received the prototype attachments with the holster for the glock 19 that Volgrad forwarded to me for testing.

The quality of the holster is top notch, the gun fits with a confident snick.

I received the soft rubber loops with the "wings" attachment as well as the kydex "overhook" loops. I was very surprised at how wide the wings made the whole assembly.

I tried the rubber loops and wings attachment first. It is comfortable, secure and stable. Volgrad told me that the front wing tends to dig into his leg/upper thigh when he sits down. He told me he wears the holster around 3 o'clock and that may have aggrevated the discomfort. I tend to wear the holster a little farther back maybe 3:30 so I don't find the wing "too" objectionable. I do notice that the wing is there though. Neither one of us feel any discomfort from the front wing when standing up or walking.

Concealment is very good with this set up. The more casual your attire the better it conceals, i.e. looser shirt will hide it better than shirt that fits a little tight. I've been wearing shorts and t-shirt with this set up this afternoon.

After a while, I swap out the rubber loops for the plastic overhooks, still attaching to the wings. I have to say, putting the holster on while the wide wings are in place, takes a little practice and ability to contort your body. Big hefty boys will have a tougher time twisting their body to attach the rear hook or loop. Concealment and comfort is the same with the overhooks as the rubber loops. I was hoping the plastic hooks would make it easier to put the holster on and off. It was not that much easier. The overhook clips are well made with double layers of kydex. I don't think the users will have problems with them breaking.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG054.jpeg

I encountered a slight problem with the hooks. They were supposedly made for 1.5" belts. I have a hard time trying to clip them over all of the belts I have tried. tried the Wilderness, Talon Tactical, Alessi leather, Bulman leather and 5 shot leather. Volgrad told me that he had problems securing the clips on all of his belts. I think if you can make the clips a little wider, maybe 1 5/8" or even 1 3/4" would make things easier. I don't think the wearer will have problems with stability or security with slightly larger clips.

I then tried removing the wings and attach the overhooks directly to the holster body. This didn't turn out as I had hoped. It wasn't as comfortable as using the wings. The belt would hang over the front and rear edge of the holster and wouldn't wrap tightly around the holster, it's hard to describe. There is so much "gap" at the front and rear of the holster that you can drop stuff into my waistband. After half an hour of that, I had enough and switched back to the rubber loops and wings.

I think the loops and wings is the optimum set up at this point. Maybe larger clips will give other options for easy on/off wearing. I'll wear it this weekend and see how it feels.

Thanks for the opportunity to test drive the rig. I'll send the stuff back to you next week.

CaptainDooley
04-01-12, 23:34
Just a quick update - I have owned several holsters over the years that have advertised themselves as "tuckable". I've never really needed this feature because as an "artist" I'm given considerable leeway in how many tattoos and piercings I have, how long my beard and/or hair is, whether I wear long pants or even bother to tuck my shirt in for meetings, etc.

So needless to say, my wife has never seen me with a tucked in shirt since I started carrying a firearm.

Well, this past weekend we were off on a weekend getaway to celebrate 11 mostly bliss-filled years of marriage and I decided I'd try out the whole "tuckable" thing for our fancy dinner date...

Her response, when I came out of the bathroom dressed, "What? You're not wearing your gun to dinner?"

It worked and it worked well - after a few minutes making sure it was really that well concealed we headed off and I didn't give it a second thought.

Steve S.
04-02-12, 00:58
Just a quick update - I have owned several holsters over the years that have advertised themselves as "tuckable". I've never really needed this feature because as an "artist" I'm given considerable leeway in how many tattoos and piercings I have, how long my beard and/or hair is, whether I wear long pants or even bother to tuck my shirt in for meetings, etc.

So needless to say, my wife has never seen me with a tucked in shirt since I started carrying a firearm.

Well, this past weekend we were off on a weekend getaway to celebrate 11 mostly bliss-filled years of marriage and I decided I'd try out the whole "tuckable" thing for our fancy dinner date...

Her response, when I came out of the bathroom dressed, "What? You're not wearing your gun to dinner?"

It worked and it worked well - after a few minutes making sure it was really that well concealed we headed off and I didn't give it a second thought.

Steve, your holsters have always looked like the very definition of quality and those overhooks look like a really solid set up. Not that I need another holster, but I think I definitely need to try that set up out.

These are two of the best compliments I've received. Thanks fellas.

TeamGrazzi
04-20-12, 21:43
Well I just bought a holster and some mag carriers for my G19 based on all the positive feedback from these posts! I am sure they will be as good as advertised.

This is why I love this site constructive feedback and reviews from people who actually use the products everyday, makes things a lot easier for when looking for new equipment!