PDA

View Full Version : Does the LMT SOPMOD stock have adjustable LOP?

Newaza
12-27-07, 10:06
I am on the verge of getting either the SOPMOD or the Magpul CMT. Having an adjustable LOP really appeals to me. Thanks.

Hawkeye
12-27-07, 10:18
The LMT SOPMOD and the Magpul CTR are both standard collapsible stocks.

Newaza
12-27-07, 10:27
Thank you for the reply. At the risk of sounding stupid (I'm new to this), does this mean that they both have 5 or 6 different positions to them?

Hawkeye
12-27-07, 10:35
That will depend on what receiver extension (buffer tube) you use. Some have 5, some have 6. LMT's have 6 for example.

tiger seven
12-27-07, 10:42
Thank you for the reply. At the risk of sounding stupid (I'm new to this), does this mean that they both have 5 or 6 different positions to them?

The number of positions available is a function of the receiver extension (aka buffer tube) that the stock is mounted on, not the stock itself. If you buy the SOPMOD complete with receiver extension, it will come with LMT's 6-position tube. However, you could put the same stock on a 5-position tube from another manufacturer, or a 4-position tube, and so on. (I hope that makes sense.)

The CTR, when purchased as a complete package, comes with a 6-position receiver extension as well.

I own both stocks, and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Derek

ETA: Hawkeye beat me to it.

Newaza
12-27-07, 13:57
Thanks for the replies. I have a standard LMT lower with the standard collapsable stock. I assume all L have to do is switch out the stock itself and I'm good to go. No switching out buffers, springs, etc?

doorkicker
12-27-07, 13:59
All you need is the stock, the buffer tube is milspec.

tiger seven
12-27-07, 14:12
Thanks for the replies. I have a standard LMT lower with the standard collapsable stock. I assume all L have to do is switch out the stock itself and I'm good to go. No switching out buffers, springs, etc?

Correct. You just slip the standard stock off the tube, slip the SOPMOD on, and then you're GTG.

If you decide to get a CTR, make sure you order the one designated as "Mil-Spec" and not the "Commercial" one. As doorkicker noted, the LMT receiver extension is mil-spec; so (understandably) you need the Mil-Spec CTR for a proper fit.

Derek

Newaza
12-27-07, 15:14
Thank you very much. :)