PDA

View Full Version : Source for P99AS?

buzz_knox
03-04-12, 16:34
I'm thinking of getting a PPQ but since no one around here has one to try, I thought I'd let a friend's P99AS play stand in yesterday. As it turned out, it was a nice weapon in itself. So, I will be getting a PPQ but would also like to pick up a third-gen 99 (this one doesn't have the downturn at the rear, which tends to push into my hand when I get a high grip). The only trouble is my normal haunts do not have any in stock, nor do the usual web sites. So, anyone know where a 99AS might be found?

Thank you.

balance
03-04-12, 17:47
Walther pistols are brought to the US in large batches at certain times of the year. If all get sold before the next batch comes in, there is a "drought" until the next batch comes in.

I assume this is the case right now, as a similar question was asked a few weeks ago on the Walther forum.

It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a month (and sometimes longer) for them to show up again.

Maverick07
03-04-12, 18:37
Check out this link to CDNN and see if it works for you:

http://site.cdnninvestments.com/CDNN2012-1/index.html

They NIB P99's for $439 or so. I think they are listed on page 12 or 13 of their online catalog. They are the QA version however. It looks like a good price regardless.

loupav
03-05-12, 10:21
Walther pistols are brought to the US in large batches at certain times of the year. If all get sold before the next batch comes in, there is a "drought" until the next batch comes in.

I assume this is the case right now, as a similar question was asked a few weeks ago on the Walther forum.

It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a month (and sometimes longer) for them to show up again.

So that's why I had a bitch of a time finding one when I wanted it, but months before that they were everywhere.

balance
03-05-12, 10:40
So that's why I had a bitch of a time finding one when I wanted it, but months before that they were everywhere.

This thread below was made a sticky on the Walther forum because every time there is a shortage in between batches, rumors of discontinuation always come up. I must have read over 100 threads stating that the P99 was no longer being made, because of how Walther sells their pistols here.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p99/20091-future-p99-directly-walther-germany.html

Noodles
03-05-12, 13:02
Skip the QA model! If you're not going to get an AS, get the PPQ.

I think the PPQ is fine for carry, but some people like the AS's DA first shot as an extra little bit of safety. Personally, I'd prefer to keep my finger off the trigger, but I get the idea.

I have a P99AS and it's very similar to the PPQ when in SA mode. It's just preference really. But skip the QA if you're looking at a PPQ too.

The Punisher
07-11-12, 21:14
I'm thinking of getting a PPQ but since no one around here has one to try, I thought I'd let a friend's P99AS play stand in yesterday. As it turned out, it was a nice weapon in itself. So, I will be getting a PPQ but would also like to pick up a third-gen 99 (this one doesn't have the downturn at the rear, which tends to push into my hand when I get a high grip). The only trouble is my normal haunts do not have any in stock, nor do the usual web sites. So, anyone know where a 99AS might be found?

Thank you.

Was wondering if you ever found your 99AS? I had the same issue and spent 5 1/2 months searching for mine. I will say it was well worth the wait.

buzz_knox
07-11-12, 21:18
Was wondering if you ever found your 99AS? I had the same issue and spent 5 1/2 months searching for mine. I will say it was well worth the wait.

I never found a 99AS but did pick up a PPQ. It is a nice weapon but I find myself going back to my Gen 3 Glock.

The Punisher
07-11-12, 21:30
I never found a 99AS but did pick up a PPQ. It is a nice weapon but I find myself going back to my Gen 3 Glock.

What is it about the Gen 3 that you like? I've mainly had Colts and Walthers but have been considering adding a glock to my collection.

buzz_knox
07-11-12, 21:40
What is it about the Gen 3 that you like? I've mainly had Colts and Walthers but have been considering adding a glock to my collection.

I have a lot of trigger time on Glocks so part of it is familiarity.